I just dont understand......

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
Had a Utrip ump this weekend letting guys swing the new ASA only Ultra. We tried to explain that its only approved for ASA. He pretty much said, yup if its ASA approved its good in Utrip.

They just dont teach these guys crap about bats.

Drew34

Addicted to Softballfans
Had a Utrip ump this weekend letting guys swing the new ASA only Ultra. We tried to explain that its only approved for ASA. He pretty much said, yup if its ASA approved its good in Utrip.

They just dont teach these guys crap about bats.

If it's such a big deal then why wouldn't you notify the LD?................

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
We didnt lose... I just get frustrated that umpires dont know jack about bats (at least many of them)..... LD wouldnt know the problem either actually.

vstar1100

Im quick for a fat guy
Arent asa bats lower rated then Utrip bats If its not on the Utrip banned list doesnt matter if the bat says ASA only right???

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I'll add this to the list of thing I don't understand along with.........Why people listen to Nickelback........Why they eat at Wendy's.......How Nick Cage is allowed to make movies..........Why the word "Boss" didn't catch on when I brought it back a couple of years ago..............

dsmccain

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll add this to the list of thing I don't understand along with.........Why people listen to Nickelback........Why they eat at Wendy's.......How Nick Cage is allowed to make movies..........Why the word "Boss" didn't catch on when I brought it back a couple of years ago..............

i like nickelback

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
Arent asa bats lower rated then Utrip bats If its not on the Utrip banned list doesnt matter if the bat says ASA only right???

Rules are it has to have the new stamp (or old stamp depending on league) and not be on the banned list. They don't have the new thumb print stamp.

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
Senior bats and most utrip bats are not on the asa list but can't be used because they are not sanctioned by asa. With that being said I'm pretty certain I watched national treasure on my ipad at Wendy's while How you remind me by nickelback was on. Boss stuff right there.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans

Boss is fine in sparing doses. And Wendy's got that spicy chicken sandwich on lock. Can't speak for the rest though.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
asa ultra isn't even that good of an asa only bat.. they were at a disadvantage using it over a utrip bat.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Wendy's. They must suck up there.

All the ASA bats legal in UTrip still have a stamp, why he wouldn't just go by that is beyond me.

Pumacat35

Professional Hitter
The new ASA ONLY bats are designed to hit the lower compression ASA ball and so the harder NSA and USSSA balls come off them faster.

I had to throw out the Demarini Flipper in a church league game when I was umping............if someone gets hurt in USSSA by an ASA ONLY bat its the upires ass for not catching it

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
the umpire apparently did not know, what's not to understand? im sure umpires get sick of hearing grown men complain about softball. just play ball and stfu.

Bubaloo

Manager
i hit bp with the asa ultra because i sucked into its name, was hoping to make it a gamer, its garbage. we hit grey dots and gold dots and it gets out distanced by my u trip bats badly. if its new standard they missed the boat with this one.

Bubaloo

Manager
the umpire apparently did not know, what's not to understand? im sure umpires get sick of hearing grown men complain about softball. just play ball and stfu.

thank you
good god, if it hits th eball a mph harder who cares. no one is getting hurt. people act like bats are a fricking gun half the time.

DanGer1285

Addicted to Softballfans
I keep using my Flipper and haven't been thrown out (same bat rules as you describe). However I don't use my Fu Dawg.

This is SPN, using a 275/.52 Hot Dot. New Utrip stamp or old 2004 ASA only.