I really hate....

armywrx

Dedicated Meathead
[rant]

When every other person in the gym in a personal trainer. Espacially overweight guys with little to no muscle mass interupting my workout to tell me that they are personal trainers and try to tell me what exercises I should be doing. I also love it when I'm repping (amount refrained to avoid "brag" accusations) on deads and the same guy, who is struggling to do 225 has to come and give me pointers about every aspect possible to include:

* Proper grip
* Why gloves are better then straps for deads
* Keeping the weight further from your shins
* Alerting you to the fact that you have scraps on your shins from the bar, further proof that he is right about distance from the bar
* Arm routines
* Chest routines
* Why my back routine is too much and that is going to make me sore

Then try and get pissed when I put my headphones back in and ignore him. I can only take so much. If I had a dumb bell close by, I might have thrown it at him.

[/rant]

xshawnxearthx

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm a little overweight but I'm also a big dude. Know what I'm doing when it comes to weight training. I love when skinny dudes tell me I should concentrate on doing cardio and not weight training.

armywrx

Dedicated Meathead
I only give advice when people seek me out and ask. There are few things that annoy me more then interruptions in the middle of my work out because some jack ass wants to throw in their 2 cents.

That would annoy the HELL out of me xshawn, there is no way for them to know what your goals are and giving strangers advice seems like a good way to get ***** slapped to me.

DSNuts48

Badass
I only give advice when people seek me out and ask. There are few things that annoy me more then interruptions in the middle of my work out because some jack ass wants to throw in their 2 cents.

That would annoy the HELL out of me xshawn, there is no way for them to know what your goals are and giving strangers advice seems like a good way to get ***** slapped to me.

Had a guy come over on arms day and say, "Man you're way too big to have a small chest like that, I would quit working on your arms, legs, and spend time on your chest." I was like, "Oh is that right" but inside I was thinking, "**** you".

armywrx

Dedicated Meathead
People actually interrupt you that much? Thats like soliciting their bs advice.

Yes. Almost everyday that I am in there. That NEVER happens when I am in the states. I think that people might just be bored when we are deployed.

Had a guy come over on arms day and say, "Man you're way too big to have a small chest like that, I would quit working on your arms, legs, and spend time on your chest." I was like, "Oh is that right" but inside I was thinking, "**** you".

Let me guess. One of those guys that has no back, small legs but still finds a way to work chest 3 days a week?

DSNuts48

Badass
Yes. Almost everyday that I am in there. That NEVER happens when I am in the states. I think that people might just be bored when we are deployed.

Let me guess. One of those guys that has no back, small legs but still finds a way to work chest 3 days a week?

No, he was pretty well stacked. There is one guy up there that we call Mr. Incredible. Way top sided with chicken legs.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I can honestly say I've never had anyone say anything to me at our gym. You need to work on your stink eye. :D I also never make eye contact unless I need to talk to someone specifically.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
I only give advice when people seek me out and ask.

This.

A few weeks ago, I was doing plyos in one of the racquetball courts and a young girl asked me for some help. She said one of the PTs wrote a program for her but she forgets how to do most of her workout and the PTs are always too busy to help her.

I scrawled a simple workout for her on a piece of paper, showed her a couple of things and hopefully the fitness world won't lose her.

I can honestly say I've never had anyone say anything to me at our gym. You need to work on your stink eye. :D I also never make eye contact unless I need to talk to someone specifically.

Haha ... I have classic ***** face at the gym.

Yes, it is different from my everyday face.

IrishTommy

Mr. Body Massage Machine
[rant]

When every other person in the gym in a personal trainer. Espacially overweight guys with little to no muscle mass interupting my workout to tell me that they are personal trainers and try to tell me what exercises I should be doing. I also love it when I'm repping (amount refrained to avoid "brag" accusations) on deads and the same guy, who is struggling to do 225 has to come and give me pointers about every aspect possible to include:

* Proper grip
* Why gloves are better then straps for deads
* Keeping the weight further from your shins
* Alerting you to the fact that you have scraps on your shins from the bar, further proof that he is right about distance from the bar
* Arm routines
* Chest routines
* Why my back routine is too much and that is going to make me sore

Then try and get pissed when I put my headphones back in and ignore him. I can only take so much. If I had a dumb bell close by, I might have thrown it at him.

[/rant]

You just need to be a prick like me. I keep my headphones in and dont take them out for anyone. Im there to work not socialize. Even if I am doing something wrong, shut the **** up and go away.

WolfPack52

Addicted to Softballfans
You just need to be a prick like me. I keep my headphones in and dont take them out for anyone. Im there to work not socialize. Even if I am doing something wrong, shut the **** up and go away.

Exactly what I do. Only time I speak to anyone is to see if there down doing bicep curls on the squat rack:mad: I been going to the same gym for years, mostly with the same people and I couldnt tell you anyones name.

Flash

why use straps for anything?? Your only as strong as what your hands can hold.

Really? What if you've broken your hand and you will never regain more than 80% of its strength back because the tendons were torn so badly?

armywrx

Dedicated Meathead
why use straps for anything?? Your only as strong as what your hands can hold.

Can't hold onto heavy weight in that position, I broke my thumb a few months back and it still hurts if I try to pick up too much weight without straps on.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
any trainer that tells u that u should not scrape your shins doing deads should be kicked in the balls.....HARD. Sit in the backseat, pull back and push up with the legs, unless u want a blown disc.....What a loser!

FlexinInTheBox

Addicted to Softballfans
Think its a military thing armywrx, I'm a vet that goes to a military gym cuz it's free and I get interrupted all the time...I'm not there to be critiqued or make friends, I'm there to workout....And if I have confusion on a subject I use the power of google or contact a friend...

When I let loose that my boy is a strength coach with the Jets and he said do it that way not their way, the are usually silenced...

Flash

You should just carry around some transcripts of your posts on here... word would get around pretty fast.

Thanks for your input. Are you interested in joining the group of retards who think SBF = real life? PM sent for contact info.

TKP #2

Star Player
the gym is no different then any other sport, the person who shouldn't be giving advice is always the one giving the most advice.

superduper

Noob Membership Chair
in reference to the op, I agree, it drives me nuts as well. I will also add that when you see people in the gym who never change their bodies after being in the gym day after day is usually because they are neglecting a clean diet