If a 44 Cor ball...

Normy

Guess I'll buy SUV's, ride snowmobiles, date ugly chicks and eat grapefruit then. I play with 20 year olds who can hit the snot out of the 52's. Heck, I can hit em pretty good for a gimped up middle aged guy. You can take the rocks and I'll stick with the mush. Problem solved.

AntonChigurh

Sorry guys I don't get the ones on here complaining about the balls being too good. I am over 50 and play with a lot of 20 yr old's who can hit the snot out of the classic M balls down here in Florida. I am a 1b so I am close to the action and I am not one of these whiners who complain because they aren't the fat ass catcher who used to be the only hr hitter on the team or a whiner because someone else is talented to hit for a high BA. It's simple- if YOU don't like the more livelier ball then go do something else. Stop trying to dumb the game down to your level. I play with stud kids who are talented, I'm not going to sit here and say how life was better with wood or single wall bats and polyester uniforms. Want to know why guys buy convertibles, ride motorcycles, and date pretty women? because they like it just like lots of guys prefer a better ball to a grapefruit.

I can hit the “snot” outta 52/44/whatever. I don’t like the idea that if I’m off a hair I’m blowing up a pitcher. I’m not trying to hurt anyone.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry guys I don't get the ones on here complaining about the balls being too good. I am over 50 and play with a lot of 20 yr old's who can hit the snot out of the classic M balls down here in Florida. I am a 1b so I am close to the action and I am not one of these whiners who complain because they aren't the fat ass catcher who used to be the only hr hitter on the team or a whiner because someone else is talented to hit for a high BA. It's simple- if YOU don't like the more livelier ball then go do something else. Stop trying to dumb the game down to your level. I play with stud kids who are talented, I'm not going to sit here and say how life was better with wood or single wall bats and polyester uniforms. Want to know why guys buy convertibles, ride motorcycles, and date pretty women? because they like it just like lots of guys prefer a better ball to a grapefruit.
You play a lot of games in Florida where it's a high of forty? I played in South Georgia for eight years and the classic m is no big deal down there. That's why this thread isn't about that.

Last edited:

AntonChigurh

You play a lot of games on Florida where it's a high of forty? I played in South Georgia for eight years and the classic m is no big deal down there. That's why this thread isn't about that.
Clearly gator is missing the point, it’s about safety and physics.

AntonChigurh

When is enough enough? Another guy dying, or losing his teeth, or losing an eye? It’s sad to say but I hope the next guy who’s hurt sues the association back to the Stone Age.

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exhibit S of idiots who believe they know what's best for softball and preach down to the masses. Funny thing is that time after time more people show they prefer better over worse and participation confirms that

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
My point was that we are limited to pure single wall bats but, use 44 376 balls. I would like to use the 52 COR and perhaps open the bat rules a bit, Even two piece single walls would be an improvement. I would be extremely happy just to use my Nano Alpha or an Omega, They are a composite handle Namotek, I am not sure they hit further than OG Nanos but, the sweet spot is bigger.
I guess I am just butt hurt after thinking I would get to use the great senior composite bats and can only swing single walls. And I am not buying into the safety issue since we us a ball that does much more damage....

Country469

that gator dude is lulz

lives in FL, so of course this thread means nothing to him, and then talks like he knows about the greater whole of softball. The game is dying by participation #s, and its because dudes like that whose egos can't ascertain the fact that a safer ball is good and doesn't even out the playing field, it actually widens it.

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
that gator dude is lulz

lives in FL, so of course this thread means nothing to him, and then talks like he knows about the greater whole of softball. The game is dying by participation #s, and its because dudes like that whose egos can't ascertain the fact that a safer ball is good and doesn't even out the playing field, it actually widens it.

Actually no I am a realist and not some sanctimonious person who thinks they no better then everyone else. I play both upper and lower level of ball, with older and younger guys, in heat and cold and a good ball doesn't drive away people from the game:rolleyes:.

As for smarkley it sucks playing with a single wall restricted league- try an old Anderson bat or TPS lighthouse, they were decent back in the day which back then the balls used were red dots and blue stitches that had 550 pounds of compression:eek:

Country469

If you look at the peak participation #s in softball, the decline came around the first composites and keeps trending down. So yeah, equip too good for the game is helping that 100%

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually no I am a realist and not some sanctimonious person who thinks they no better then everyone else. I play both upper and lower level of ball, with older and younger guys, in heat and cold and a good ball doesn't drive away people from the game:rolleyes:.

As for smarkley it sucks playing with a single wall restricted league- try an old Anderson bat or TPS lighthouse, they were decent back in the day which back then the balls used were red dots and blue stitches that had 550 pounds of compression:eek:
You can’t say you play in the cold if you’re playing in Florida. The classic M turns to mush after a few hits down there.

blakcherry329

Spoken like someone that doesn't pitch. smh

How good does a ball have to be to hit a ball, coming in at 20mph, over a fence?

I love when position players call balls mush or socks. Mush balls are only mushy until they hit you. Then it's a rock. lol
I don't complain, but I would like a fighting chance to catch a ball coming up the middle.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's not sanctimonious to state the fact that the classic m registers the times higher than the level for serious brain injury on a nice test while the 52 registers just over a third of that limit. It's a scientific fact. That test is run at seventy two degrees I assume since that's the test they test the balls at. If that assumption is true you're getting into the neighborhood of that ball doing six times the damage required to be considered serious on that test.

Tell me your utrip teams name and I'll gladly look at your sorting schedule and check weather.com to tell you the temperature at your coldest game. It was around thirty five when my buddy's mask was broken off of his helmet.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spoken like someone that doesn't pitch. smh

How good does a ball have to be to hit a ball, coming in at 20mph, over a fence?

I love when position players call balls mush or socks. Mush balls are only mushy until they hit you. Then it's a rock. lol
I don't complain, but I would like a fighting chance to catch a ball coming up the middle.
My buddy's mask was broken off by a middle shot this weekend and it did push it back into his face cutting him. It wasn't bad though so we were both right.

It was a football Helmet instead of a lacrosse helmet, but I still think the principle holds true. Luckily he was okay enough to keep playing.

blakcherry329

My buddy's mask was broken off by a middle shot this weekend and it did push it back into his face cutting him. It wasn't bad though so we were both right.

It was a football Helmet instead of a lacrosse helmet, but I still think the principle holds true. Luckily he was okay enough to keep playing.
Hmmmm, football helmet? I can't picture it. Any pics? Inquiring minds want to know. Glad he's ok.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

I once saw a pitcher get hit straight in the face wearing a lacrosse helmet w/ a mask. It split the helmet in half and gave the guy a concussion. Probably the hardest ball I've ever seen hit a pitcher. Had he not been wearing a mask it would have been fatal.

Ball was a .44 375 at 8 AM. Chilly.

Country469

what the composite hero catchers and dh's out there don't get it is there is that the ball used could make a life or death difference if someone is hit. Pitching will always be dangerous and its always gonna hurt when you get drilled on the mound. But for a sport made of mainly of fat old guys with hourly wages and jobs to work the next day, using a ball that could kill someone over 20 extra feet and .050 OBP points is simply stupid. Anyone who says finding a safe ball is for women, is the problem with softball. We all hit the same ball so its equal, shut up and play the game rather than ***** because you need a faster race car to stand a chance.

AntonChigurh

what the composite hero catchers and dh's out there don't get it is there is that the ball used could make a life or death difference if someone is hit. Pitching will always be dangerous and its always gonna hurt when you get drilled on the mound. But for a sport made of mainly of fat old guys with hourly wages and jobs to work the next day, using a ball that could kill someone over 20 extra feet and .050 OBP points is simply stupid. Anyone who says finding a safe ball is for women, is the problem with softball. We all hit the same ball so its equal, shut up and play the game rather than ***** because you need a faster race car to stand a chance.

Key point, guys who need to return home to their family, careers, life. This is for fun, no sense at all in altering or ending a life over a stupid game.