If a guy rolls bats for others....

juice9

Addicted to Softballfans
A rolled bat out hits a stock bat. The whole bat is broken in with a huge sweetspot. Is it cheating? yes but it does not come close to shaving a bat. To many puss bags out there heres a hint get some bp in break your bat in. You might even hit the ball harder then you used to after praticing.

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
It's not cheating, it's expediting a break in.
/thread

WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!

Read the freaking rule book. ASA, USSSA, NSA, take your pick it's in all of them. Rolling is cheating. You can't argue that fact until they decide to change the rules.

Whether you think it gives you an advantage or not, it is considered an altered bat by those associations (and probably others as well). If you swing an altered bat, it is cheating. It's that simple.

Tynimiller

Recovering SBF addict
I didnt argue its not a rule. Just one that makes no sense.

but you argued its the same as swinging and hitting balls during bp.....um...if it was associations wouldn't deem it illegal. Not the same is a fact, you may view it as equal though which is your opinion.

Tynimiller

Recovering SBF addict
A rolled bat out hits a stock bat. The whole bat is broken in with a huge sweetspot. Is it cheating? yes but it does not come close to shaving a bat. To many puss bags out there heres a hint get some bp in break your bat in. You might even hit the ball harder then you used to after praticing.

quoted for great post.

AveregeJay

Banned User

Read the freaking rule book. ASA, USSSA, NSA, take your pick it's in all of them. Rolling is cheating. You can't argue that fact until they decide to change the rules.

Whether you think it gives you an advantage or not, it is considered an altered bat by those associations (and probably others as well). If you swing an altered bat, it is cheating. It's that simple.

What exactly are you trying to say?

coleman135

Lead Farmer Mother****er
Threads like this give me a headache. There is no point in arguing with these dumb asses. They are going to use a rolled bat regarless of what we say.

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
I didnt argue its not a rule. Just one that makes no sense.

Thank you. You admitted it's against the rules, that's all I wanted to hear.

I won't argue with you about it being a stupid rule. I'm torn on that one. I see both sides of it.

Derek01

D + BP DON'T= C
There is no way to tell if a bat has been rolled, even the Easton reveals. I don't understand why people comlain about rolling when all it does is break in the bat faster, there really is no altering of the bat like when one get shaved. Rolling is not a big deal in my book. Most guys I know have had this done.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
my last post in this thread is as follows

if you pay money for your bat and want it rolled....I don't give a ****
if a guy rolls bats or rides around with a rolling machine in his trunk.....I don't give a ****
if I want to roll one of my bats and it decreases the life.....I don't give a ****
if you people want to talk about integrity, cheating, etc. bcus ppl on here do it and ppl look down on those who do it....I don't give a ****

Brawh, point, match......

93chromedaytona

Addicted to Softballfans
It breaks in a greater portion of the bat than just BP will, unless in BP you make sure that you break in the areas right by the endcap and taper.

Who rolls the area by the endcap or even close to the taper?

I can't see how anyone can complain about people having their bats rolled, when they swing a composite bat themselves. If everyone is so righteous and loyal to the sanctions of softball, I guess you guys are returning your composites when they start to exceed the legal limits. Whats the difference between having a bat thats "a little" hotter than the legal limit, or a shaved bat that is "a lot" hotter than the legal limit. Rules are rules right? I in no way support swinging shaved bats in games (and have never used one in a game), but have no problems with rolled bats. I actually support rolled bats, $20 at a time.;)

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
Thank you. You admitted it's against the rules, that's all I wanted to hear.

I won't argue with you about it being a stupid rule. I'm torn on that one. I see both sides of it.

Well I cant argue that its not a rule. Nor did I ever say it wasnt a rule. I just contend that the rule makes no sense at all.

AJ22

Super Moderator

Because the associations say so ... but many many players who understand what a composite bat is and what a composite bat can do, don't think its cheating.

And btw, those players make up the associations. How many people who make up these rules understand what a composite bat is or can do ? Especially in ASA. If they really knew, all bats that exceed the 98 mph standard would be taking out of play. There obviously is a reason WHY all pre 2008 bats are going for good money now. Because ASA grandfathered those bats in ? WOW ... what about the rules ?

Inspektor

Addicted to Softballfans
You guys are great. Do you ever speed? It's illegal, ever download a cd without paying for it? That's illegal. We all do illegal things every day that we don't get caught. Rolling a bat to me is on the same level. I'm sure everyone crying about rolled bats have never done anything illegal.

AJ22

Super Moderator
There is no way to tell if a bat has been rolled, even the Easton reveals. I don't understand why people comlain about rolling when all it does is break in the bat faster, there really is no altering of the bat like when one get shaved. Rolling is not a big deal in my book. Most guys I know have had this done.

Here we go again ...

Whos next ?

juice9

Addicted to Softballfans
You guys are great. Do you ever speed? It's illegal, ever download a cd without paying for it? That's illegal. We all do illegal things every day that we don't get caught. Rolling a bat to me is on the same level. I'm sure everyone crying about rolled bats have never done anything illegal.

HAHAHA You guys kill me with this argument ok so by your thinking if someone rapes someone but does not get caught its ok.

Inspektor

Addicted to Softballfans
HAHAHA You guys kill me with this argument ok so by your thinking if someone rapes someone but does not get caught its ok.

Ask roethlisberger, only when it happens twice. Obviously that's different, ppl are arguing that it is not that big of a deal, but is still illegal. I'm saying it is about as illegal as pirating music and speeding...illegal yeah, but not that big of a deal. Shaving is a bigger deal to me.

AH23

Addicted to Softballfans
no, it makes him a smart business man....ppl will always want there bats rolled...he is providing a service that is in demand....make that money kid...

By the same logic, drug dealers and pimps are good. Both are illegal (rolling bats is against the rules) but since there is a demand it is GTG?:cool:

AH23

Addicted to Softballfans

That is it, man!

juice9

Addicted to Softballfans
Ask roethlisberger, only when it happens twice. Obviously that's different, ppl are arguing that it is not that big of a deal, but is still illegal. I'm saying it is about as illegal as pirating music and speeding...illegal yeah, but not that big of a deal. Shaving is a bigger deal to me.

Yes shaving is a much bigger deal. Big ben thats funny he stil got away with it for the most part.

gamedog

Addicted to Softballfans
People, dont be naive! Why do all the NR bats on this site sell faster than used or NIW bats? Its not because they are that much cheaper :rolleyes:

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
Because the associations say so ... but many many players who understand what a composite bat is and what a composite bat can do, don't think its cheating.

And btw, those players make up the associations. How many people who make up these rules understand what a composite bat is or can do ? Especially in ASA. If they really knew, all bats that exceed the 98 mph standard would be taking out of play. There obviously is a reason WHY all pre 2008 bats are going for good money now. Because ASA grandfathered those bats in ? WOW ... what about the rules ?

I never said it was a good rule, just said that it was a rule.

The grandfathered bats thing is obviously stupid too.
Unfortunately they didn't have many options.
If they outlawed the bats, everyone would be bitching that they spent $300+ on a bat they couldn't use. Only way around that would be to convince the manufactures to replace those bats for free - kinda like Combat did w/ the Lady Virus (though for a completely different reason).

If the associations really cared about the safety issue, they would outlaw composites and go back to metal which typically degrades over time instead of improving. The bat companies would flip the **** though. Composite it so much more cost effective for them. I think it's cheaper for them to make, and because of the makeup, they will break forcing you to buy a new one.

Last edited:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
By the same logic, drug dealers and pimps are good. Both are illegal (rolling bats is against the rules) but since there is a demand it is GTG?:cool:

ok, this lured me back to this thread.....to answer your questions...

depends on the quality of the product and the prices that go along w/said product....

a dime bag and an Asian prostitute w/fake breasts sounds like a great time to me....:cool: gtg here

bugworm

<font color="#0000ff">topgunn#3</font>
People, dont be naive! Why do all the NR bats on this site sell faster than used or NIW bats? Its not because they are that much cheaper :rolleyes:

i agree, here is a fact for you: someone i know in texas who runs a bat shaving company said 3,500 bats crossed his desk last year! he is just 1 of god knows how many people who do this for a living. that just blew me away!