If USPS is closed and you still want to ship

MarquamStrategy

The Rookie
What other cost effective options are there? Looking to ship today, looked at fedex a bit and it was $75 minimum based on the information I gave. Is the only options usps, and it's simply about finding one that's open on a Saturday?

Richiebalz

Paypal sent
fedex is the best service. usually costs me about $15 a bat, and super fast delivery.

usps can suck it.

The FedEx guy in my areas runs off the truck dumps the package on the doorstep.. Doesn't knock or ring bell... He did that with a bat. USPS always rings bell, doesn't drop package unless I'm home. I don't mind picking it up the next day.

tippin20s

I just shipped a bat today at my local postal place, its a small mom and POP shop. They gave me UPS and USPS pricing.

Jussstin

Manager
The FedEx guy in my areas runs off the truck dumps the package on the doorstep.. Doesn't knock or ring bell... He did that with a bat. USPS always rings bell, doesn't drop package unless I'm home. I don't mind picking it up the next day.

Select signature delivery required, it's like .90 cents. Then he has to get a signature. Or you can look up your tracking number, and opt to have your package held at the local FedEx office for you to pick up. (sometimes I do this so I don't have to wait till 5 for my bats. Lol)

Jussstin

Manager
I shipped a bat FedEx last week in a USPS express triangle, and it was 14.80, delivered 1400 miles away 3 days later.

MarquamStrategy

The Rookie
just a suggestion, get your **** together before dealing on here again

As I've said before, everything has been noted, understood, and will be exercised. Comments are becoming very monotonous and irrelevant. Not complaining, or surprised, just stating.

Joker

well so far you couldn't decide how you wanted to ship it and didn't know when the post office was open all after you agreed to the deal. that caused you not to keep your word on when you would ship it. know what you're going to do before you try and deal on here. there is a sticky that all the info you need in the selling section

MarquamStrategy

The Rookie
well so far you couldn't decide how you wanted to ship it and didn't know when the post office was open all after you agreed to the deal. that caused you not to keep your word on when you would ship it. know what you're going to do before you try and deal on here. there is a sticky that all the info you need in the selling section

It's a two sided street my friend. My goal was to trade the bat, not when, how, or for what. The person that inquired wanted the bat, and was wanting a decision asap so the bats could be shipped first thing in the morning. I was trying to be cool with him, and agreed. If I would of known then what I know now, I would of told him to wait until Monday to ship. Since I didn't know yesterday what I do know now, it's the same result, I am shipping Monday. Good news is, I now know what I didn't know before. So let the circle of responses continue, saying the same thing, over and over and over and over. lol I'm gonna get some work done. Good day gentleman.

Joker

It's a two sided street my friend. My goal was to trade the bat, not when, how, or for what. The person that inquired wanted the bat, and was wanting a decision asap so the bats could be shipped first thing in the morning. I was trying to be cool with him, and agreed. If I would of known then what I know now, I would of told him to wait until Monday to ship. Since I didn't know yesterday what I do know now, it's the same result, I am shipping Monday. Good news is, I now know what I didn't know before. So let the circle of responses continue, saying the same thing, over and over and over and over. lol I'm gonna get some work done. Good day gentleman.

how exactly is it a 2 sided street? who else but you needs to know how to ship your bat and to know when your post office is open?

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci

Hush, he knows more than everyone on this site already. He has no regard for how things are done around here just as long as he tells whoever he is dealing with what they want to hear to get the deal done it's OK. Logic and dealing with truths are not his forte...

shanko

Addicted to Softballfans
Hush, he knows more than everyone on this site already. He has no regard for how things are done around here just as long as he tells whoever he is dealing with what they want to hear to get the deal done it's OK. Logic and dealing with truths are not his forte...

Thats how i read this thread. I doubt anyone who has read it will deal with the OP.

MarquamStrategy

The Rookie
The only mistake made was not knowing that my local post office wasn't open even for a half day on a Saturday. Being my first deal as a trade (even though i've bought in the past) this mistake can and did happen as it was rushed by both sides.

Again, the only reason any of you knew about this, was because I posted, not the other guy, I was just trying to make a mistake that I have repeatably acknowledged was made, and make it right.

I have not disregarded anything on this site, other than those who want to blow things out of proportion, and not help a guy solve a situation, where the 2nd party, isn't even worried about.

As far as reputation goes, anyone who reads, this can. Hence no delete a few hours ago. I am straight forward, and direct, and I speak my mind. Just as there are rules and expectations, those dealing with a "noob" can choose to not deal with me, he didn't have to offer a bat in exchange for mine, nor did he "have" to ship first as I never requested that, but since he was shipping earlier than I, I did expect confirmation, that I still have not received. Point being, the deal is still a deal, and we are going forward as planned, except for the point I am shipping later than discussed which the other party has no single issue with.

Lastly (and I do mean lastly), the point of the open board post was to seek advice and opinions from those more experienced, I took that advice and used it. End of discussion, but nope it's apparently not. This isn't the only place to buy bats, and the amount of time spent on here, or bat's moved doesn't make a difference, it just means you started before the other person, everyone started somewhere, everyone at one time had zero feedback. That said, I've respected the opinions and the board, and have said thank you, and have been cordial, again the only time I have gone away from that is when someone wants to try and attack my good intentions to make things right by calling me a liar, or something along those lines. I do stand up for what I believe is right and fair. If some people choose not to do business with me because of what is read on this thread, then I save money by not buying a bat, and I move on. Feel free to blow up the thread with nonsense, and waste of life responses, by the time you post it, I've already forgotten about this thread.

Good games to you, good luck in the tournaments, and until the next time I start a giant topic that gets everyone's panties in a bunch. :D

Joker

yup its all the other guys fault for you now knowing when the post office was open

Look for a USPS office with 24 hour lobby. Print label at home, drive it to the USPS location. Drop off at the drop box at the lobby. Packages leave multiple times a day. Dropping it off on Saturday should mean it leaves that office Monday morning.