Illegal Bat?

Well I have a question. Now before people begin to bash me and say, Go ask a mod. I'm asking so people who are also ignorant to the facts will know too. Ok so, Is rolling your bat considered altering, and if so is it cool to just talk about it openly? Example was on yesterday and viewed a board bros profile to check out there bat pics and noticed on his message board asking another board bro to roll some bats he recently purchased. I'm still new to sbf and wasnt sure if that was right.Idk just asking I guess.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Using anything on the bat other than regulation balls to break it in is considered illegal/altering.

Phobia

Addicted to Softballfans
It's considered altering which is illegal, yes. That said, I don't have a major problem with it on a personal level even though I don't own any bats that have been rolled (sold it with full disclosure on c/l).

jstrong

They love to hate me
Rolling is illegal as mentioned above. Its breaks a bat in more than traditional BP would.

So its illegal, i got that but is it ok to have an open conversation about it like its nothing? Granted if anyone wants to take a few hundred swings off there bat and shorten its life by all means roll your bat. I personally love the joy of BP and being able to break in my own bats!

jstrong

They love to hate me
Do you understand that BP will not break your bat in as well as rolling it? There is a difference.

M22KLARS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
So its illegal, i got that but is it ok to have an open conversation about it like its nothing? Granted if anyone wants to take a few hundred swings off there bat and shorten its life by all means roll your bat. I personally love the joy of BP and being able to break in my own bats!

No. Noobs are not allowed to talk openly about it but OG's are. Please delete your account.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps

I you are a friend of a mod you get to do it openly.

i do understand but as you mention above it is illegal. Just wondering if its ok to talk about rolling your bats, thought this site wass for non juiced or altered bats. so why does it seem shaving a bat is highly ridiculed and rolling is looked over. They're are both illegal there for should both be unacceptable.

jaj23

Eye Baller
It is illegal in all sanctions... the reason its illegal is because you can break the bat in beyond what normal hitting would do. If people were responsible and only rolled to loosen up the fibers a bit, rolling would not be an issue. If you roll a bat properly it will extend the life of the bat... especially if you are using the bat in cold weather. If you overdo it, it will shorten the life of the bat tremendously. I don't roll any of my bats because I swing metal... that would be stupid.

...also, there are some composite bats that should never be broken in using artificial methods (i.e. Anderson Matrix).

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps

what about videos showing shaved and rolled bats....

If you are saying is it illegal to show a vid of hitting a shaved bat, no that is not illegal here.
If you show a vid on how to shave a bat that is illegal unless you know a mod.
I actually reposted a thread from a member that showed how to shave a bat in the open forum and it stayed there several days, no mod deleted it so if you know the right people you can do what you want.

wiessej

There have been comments here about whether it is illegal to roll a bat, etc. By ASA rules, use of a rolled bat in a game is "illegal", or unauthorized, as the bat has been altered from its original condition for the deliberat purpose of improving its performance. To simply roll a bat is not in itself illegal or unauthorized. After all, it is YOUR bat. YOU bought it, and you can do whatever you want to it, to include painting racing stripes on it, or cutting it down to resemble a billy club. BUT!!! ASA rules do NOT authorize you to use said bat in a game. Is it illegal/against criminal or civil law to roll a bat? Of COURSE not.

ss_jmac

Addicted to Softballfans
This dude is from htown he has to have known rolled bats are illegal as many rolled and shaved bats that come from there.

lineshot

Banned User
Some people on here are so stupid. They say they dont alter their bats or have never swung one knowingly that was altered . And anyone who does swing altered is are piece of sh*t. They follow the rules when it comes to softball but do many dishonest or illegal things in life. Cheat on their girl, do drugs, drink and drive, steal, etc. but when it comes to softball thats where they draw the line. WOW