I'm going to miss the 10" Eastons

lukeamdman

I've always hit further towards the end of the barrel, so when Easton released the Bubba Club in 2018 I was all in and slowly put together a "lifetime supply":

Screenshot 2023-07-27 101212.png

Now we're being told that next year all of our leagues will require 240 stamps...

I've been looking for bats that have decent pop within 3-4" of the end of the barrel and so far the closest is a 12" Easton or 12" Louisville. Any others worth looking into?

lukeamdman

I'll add, I've tried 12" DeMarini and 12" Miken bats, but because of a "sharper" taper on the barrel compared to the Easton and Lousiville, the sweet spot doesn't extend quite as far towards the end of the bat.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like my twelve inch pure two piece and anarchy both two and one piece, but I also feel they're similar to a miken 12". At least with the anarchy there should be 99 ones this fall.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually have an extra 27 oz green two piece anarchy I'm planning to sell eventually if you want to try it. It's supposed to be the half oz endload, but it's indistinguishable from my full oz.

lukeamdman

I like my twelve inch pure two piece and anarchy both two and one piece, but I also feel they're similar to a miken 12". At least with the anarchy there should be 99 ones this fall.
I tried a 12" Anarchy Night Prowler and the barrel was very similar to a DeMarini. Very durable and a great bat, but unfortunately the sweet spot location isn't a good fit for my swing.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried a 12" Anarchy Night Prowler and the barrel was very similar to a DeMarini. Very durable and a great bat, but unfortunately the sweet spot location isn't a good fit for my swing.
Isn't that a 220 though? The 240s are much softer, although they're so soft I wouldn't say the ss is farther out. It's hard to tell where on the barrel you're hitting it.

lukeamdman

Isn't that a 220 though? The 240s are much softer, although they're so soft I wouldn't say the ss is farther out. It's hard to tell where on the barrel you're hitting it.
Yes, mines a 220. I might have to try a 240 when they're $99.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I hate to say it, but NOTHING compares to Easton's 10" barrel bats as far as how they swing. The sweetspot is so far out there. It might not seem like much compared to a 12" barrel, but it is. I've hit some of the best HRs of my life with the Bubba Club and FF2 10".

Hopefully some company decides to jump on this again and produce a 10" 240. It wouldn't be the most popular bat in the world, but it would have a very loyal following.

lukeamdman

I hate to say it, but NOTHING compares to Easton's 10" barrel bats as far as how they swing. The sweetspot is so far out there. It might not seem like much compared to a 12" barrel, but it is. I've hit some of the best HRs of my life with the Bubba Club and FF2 10".

Hopefully some company decides to jump on this again and produce a 10" 240. It wouldn't be the most popular bat in the world, but it would have a very loyal following.

Truer words were never spoken.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the worst part for sure. 12, 12.5, 12.25 is really pointless. Well, the worst is that they went 12.75 with the only one piece, but I'm still holding out hope they fix that.

I told a local miken rep if they make it super old tech and dual stamp it wouldn't matter, I'd still buy one.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
That's the worst part for sure. 12, 12.5, 12.25 is really pointless. Well, the worst is that they went 12.75 with the only one piece, but I'm still holding out hope they fix that.

I told a local miken rep if they make it super old tech and dual stamp it wouldn't matter, I'd still buy one.

Super pointless to make barrels in increments of .25". "I just can't hit that 12", but my 12.25" is fire!":rolleyes:

I see no reason bat companies can't revert back to older, more durable technology. Anything pre-Fireflex. Especially if hard core Pro Ms are going to be the norm. You need a more durable bat that breaks in slower.

lukeamdman

Super pointless to make barrels in increments of .25". "I just can't hit that 12", but my 12.25" is fire!":rolleyes:

I see no reason bat companies can't revert back to older, more durable technology. Anything pre-Fireflex. Especially if hard core Pro Ms are going to be the norm. You need a more durable bat that breaks in slower.
I liked the TCT composite that Easton had. It wasn't extremely lengthy to break-in like the IMX but it still took a while.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The old tps z3000 was almost as hot as any bat, while still testing North of 260.

I would be fine with more people doing like demarini, and offering multiple techs at once. Why are there so many eastons with only two techs? They did used to sell the ronin with tct tech, but I never put enough swings on it to confirm it was the same tct though. No point now since mine was a thumbprint.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I liked the TCT composite that Easton had. It wasn't extremely lengthy to break-in like the IMX but it still took a while.

IMX was my favorite, but I agree about TCT. TCT was plenty durable. Broke in faster than IMX. CNT was also legendary. I really feel like Easton could create good 240 bats with any of those.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The old tps z3000 was almost as hot as any bat, while still testing North of 260.

I would be fine with more people doing like demarini, and offering multiple techs at once. Why are there so many eastons with only two techs? They did used to sell the ronin with tct tech, but I never put enough swings on it to confirm it was the same tct though. No point now since mine was a thumbprint.

I have the OG Ronin. It's IMX. Durable as hell. Tests north of 300. I've used it off and on as a cold weather bat. Actually works well on .52s in league despite being so stiff.

basilray

I actually have an extra 27 oz green two piece anarchy I'm planning to sell eventually if you want to try it. It's supposed to be the half oz endload, but it's indistinguishable from my full oz.
That's odd

I have a Silver 12 in 27 that's 1/2 and an Orange 12 in 28 that's 1oz. There's a notable difference in EL between the two.

TBH, I never swing the Silver. It's stupid hot, but I just swing the heavier bat more level and consistent, so I'm fine w/ that.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

IMX was my favorite, but I agree about TCT. TCT was plenty durable. Broke in faster than IMX. CNT was also legendary. I really feel like Easton could create good 240 bats with any of those.

TCT was the sweetspot for Easton; faster break-in than IMX but still way more durable than FireFlex. And they still had that classic Easton solid barrel feel, all the new stuff is too soft for my liking.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
TCT was the sweetspot for Easton; faster break-in than IMX but still way more durable than FireFlex. And they still had that classic Easton solid barrel feel, all the new stuff is too soft for my liking.
Agreed. Even out of the wrapper a Fireflex feels like mush. They dip below 220 really fast as well.

D-ROCK13

I agree, the TCT tech stuff was perfect. The 240 eastons all fail too quick and feel too soft to me, and I like softer barrels. Now the tantrums are failing in wrapper or after very few swings

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched the latest hitting with the nation yt video with the 12" tantrum, and the dude filming says hit it more out towards the end, and Cole was surprised. The ss, true ss, must be pretty far out there on that one.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Watched the latest hitting with the nation yt video with the 12" tantrum, and the dude filming says hit it more out towards the end, and Cole was surprised. The ss, true ss, must be pretty far out there on that one.

Those bats also fail compression pretty much right out of the wrapper. I won't be buying one.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That and compression testing is pseudo science at best. I've never seen a bat test the same on different sides even in the wrapper, although most are much closer than the tantrums so far.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
That and compression testing is pseudo science at best. I've never seen a bat test the same on different sides even in the wrapper, although most are much closer than the tantrums so far.

Agreed. I don't feel like constant bat compression testing is a long term solution. I think bats will just have to be made stiffer, and balls softer/bouncier.

Using Pro Ms and testing bats all the time is dumb. Why not make the ball matter more than the bat? Something like a .52 300 the ball is doing most of the work. With Pro Ms and classic Ms it becomes way more about who has the hotter bats.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who has the hotter bats and what are the conditions at game time. It's the hottest part of the year here, and there's still normally a ten degree difference between morning and afternoon games.