In your opinoin...Recoil 250 or Freak 98

TinMan4Dub

Weekend Warrior
I just got a Recoil 250 but was also interested in a Freak 98. I just couldn't pass up the great deal I got on the Recoil. I also noticed these are priced higher than Freak 98's. Which one of these is the better stick?

azsoftball

Whatever
Recoil........................ If you don't want it and plan to sell, let me be the first to know, what weight?

jbrennan51488

Addicted to Softballfans
oh and the recoil is for sure the better bat, gets hotter and takes less hits to get broken in than the f98

1021441.jpg

once it gets webbing like this you cant find a hotter asa bat IMO

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
recoil is FAR better (in my opinion). never a fan of the freak 98.

if you change your mind and want to dump the recoil, let me know!!

mikenfan84

The Veteran
i just purchased both of these bats and took bp tonight for the first time with both using .44 375 balls and new in wrapper recoil 250 and slightly used freak 98 and i hit a several 330 plus shots with both freak 98 felt a little stiffer and has a very balanced feel and of course recoil end loaded feel. I like them both just personal preference on the feel of the bat u like. However recoil does feel like it be a better bat once broken in. My fully broke in recoil 180 balanced outhits them both by about 30ft but as to be expected. Either bat is going to take quite awhile to break in.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
Recoil = Freak98 When we are talking distance. Recoils break in faster, but that is the only difference between the two in terms of performance.

TinMan4Dub

Weekend Warrior
Hit some BP on Sunday and oh ya.....looks like I am definitely going to have to hit about 500 more before it finally opens up. I was about 15'-30' shorter than my .12 right now.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
Hit some BP on Sunday and oh ya.....looks like I am definitely going to have to hit about 500 more before it finally opens up. I was about 15'-30' shorter than my .12 right now.

Ha, put another 600 hits on the bat and you will forget all about your One.12

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
I have both and both are now broken in. I liked the recoil much more until the f98 became broken in. It's kind of a toss up for me at this point. They are both reall great bats when broken in. It took alot of patience to get them there thou.

On a side note you got an awesome deal on that bat. Had I saw it I would have bought. Just be patient you will love it.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
No advantage on distance ,
both = @ same once fully broken in at 500-1000 hits.
They do get really hot!
Only thing that outhits both would be OG Eastons
Reaper2, OG May98's and Rush98 are equal or
with small advantage...
ASA Catty takes forever to break in but will hang
with the best once past 2.5k-5k mark.

madcracker

Addicted to Softballfans
I have not tried a Freak 98, but I don't like my recoil. I prefer my NRG Maxload.

Edit: Sorry, I have the 180 Recoil, so that's not going to be of any help to you.

TinMan4Dub

Weekend Warrior
I have not tried a Freak 98, but I don't like my recoil. I prefer my NRG Maxload.

Edit: Sorry, I have the 180 Recoil, so that's not going to be of any help to you.

If you don't like your recoil...I'm sure you can find someone on here to pay good $$$ for it especially if it's in good condition. I've already had an endless list of offers for mine so that makes it official, I'm keeping it...it must be a great bat if that many people want it.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Recoil. I believe that's the way Mr. Z would direct you, too...and he tends to have more legitimate reasons than most for leaning one way or another.

ss_jmac

Addicted to Softballfans
I like the recoil more never became a huge fan of the f98 but I've seen people that mash with it.

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
Recoil! Had both. prefer the recoil. F98 seems to be more of a tank, but any bat that lasts nearly 2000 cuts it perfect in my book.

alexhsi

Addicted to Softballfans
I love the F98 so much I have two now... and I love the F98 even more I bought an OG freak... it just fits my swing REALLY well.
On the other hand, the NRG and the Recoil is a slump buster for me... if I hit everything dead on the screw, yeah, they are exactly the same.

TinMan4Dub

Weekend Warrior
Be sure you put clear nail polish on the asa stamp so it doesn't fade off. just reapply occasionally
I did already. I haven't used it in a game yet cause I mainly play utrip but have been taking plenty of bp with it and people aren't kidding when they say this thing is a brick.