Incirlik AB Turkey

cuban

Addicted to Softballfans
anyone on here? will be PCS'ing in april for two years. anybody have any information?

krisauger5

Starting Player
I am here at Incirlik...what kind of info are you looking for? We should start try-outs around Mar/April, this year we had to wait until 1 April because the fields were under maintenance...we have to travel to play because no one will come here, we went to 3 tourneys this year and everything was out of our pockets...we are small and we have alot of turnover because alot of people are only here for 15 months...hope this helps, I work at the dental clinic, hit me up when you get here...you can ask for OJ...

cuban

Addicted to Softballfans
i will be there the end of April for two years. i got alot of info from Gomes on FB so i am pretty excited. when i saw he was the POC i was like damn i know him from somewhere, turns out i played with him here in japan.

whats the housing like? I would hope that coming from japan i dont run into any space problems but none of the pictures i have seen look good enough to judge size.

Last edited:

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
I was at the LIK for 04-08 and ran the base team. The fields are a joke to play on 265 ft field with 30 ft high fences. We need to take hops out of there to play in Europe. The base paid for us to go to USAFE tournament in 05 and 06 but after that we had to come out of pocket. Euros in in Camp Darby and that is around the end of May. England has a few tournaments put Italy has most the of tournaments now. Ramstein still have one or two but most of the serious ballers are gone from Europe and either in PACAF or back stateside. I have to form a fall ball league just to get another league together. i know as I was leaving the talent was getting horrible. It was hard to get 8 teams in weekend tournaments to help raise money for the AF ball, ALS or the high school girl's softball team. Sad thing is the women's team from incirlik was the second best team back in 2006, not bad for playing Intramural ball. Best bet is to find a BP partner and work on hitting the two years there and hit the gym.

daddy_ja

Amateur bat huer
I was there, but only for a few months. Quite frankly I don't remember much of it. Might have drank a tad while I was there :D

boobie5

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got orders as well to the LIK so hopefully some kind of ball is played there! I will be there Jun 2012. Comin from great ol Yokota!

cuban

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got orders as well to the LIK so hopefully some kind of ball is played there! I will be there Jun 2012. Comin from great ol Yokota!

quit following me. lol. at least we are used to paying to go to tourney's. and the field sounds like tama.

Got2bwill

Hit or Miss
I was there twice Nov 1995-Feb1997 lived off base, worked as a bartender part time, Antenna Cat fill time, drunk all the time. There was a three day nonstop drunk fest softball tournament every month. Went back Jun 2004-June 2006, lived in base housing had a maid and gardener paid $65 for both.( the gardener pick up my two Boxers poop every day) Housing there makes Japans housing look like ****, nice size too. If you have little kids they will love it. Yes the softball fields are short with tall fences but like golf if all you have is a long game then you will never shout under par. When I was there most of the tournaments had the one for one rule, plus after the second game you would be too **** face to hit bombs just piss missiles if you can see the ball. Remember that was years ago the way the Air Force is going you will be lucky if they do not close the fields down and make it a PT running track. (Just a grumpy MSgt out look)

cuban

Addicted to Softballfans
I was there twice Nov 1995-Feb1997 lived off base, worked as a bartender part time, Antenna Cat fill time, drunk all the time. There was a three day nonstop drunk fest softball tournament every month. Went back Jun 2004-June 2006, lived in base housing had a maid and gardener paid $65 for both.( the gardener pick up my two Boxers poop every day) Housing there makes Japans housing look like ****, nice size too. If you have little kids they will love it. Yes the softball fields are short with tall fences but like golf if all you have is a long game then you will never shout under par. When I was there most of the tournaments had the one for one rule, plus after the second game you would be too **** face to hit bombs just piss missiles if you can see the ball. Remember that was years ago the way the Air Force is going you will be lucky if they do not close the fields down and make it a PT running track. (Just a grumpy MSgt out look)

Do you have any info on bringing dogs over there? We are planning on bringing our boxers with as well. Just dont have any info other than the normal vet stuff.

Got2bwill

Hit or Miss
When I was there it was easy to bring pets. I got my two boxers there but I had friends that brought there's. I know AMC has a heat Limit for dog travel. If you bring a car be ready for a lot of bill. When I was there paint and body work was cheap for cars. They also make custom hand made furniture from any picture you give them. The food is good and the beach call Kiskalesi (also know as castle by the sea all though it is in the sea) is only 45 to hour drive. You are going to like it. Lots of family time and bar BQing

Got2bwill

Hit or Miss
great base to be with the family I was there 97-99 and 04-08

He is tell the truth it is a great place for family. But if you can not be around your wife all the time you will hate life there. Also if you are not think of having any more kids you might wont to get the snip because you will find your self finding your youthful spunk I think it is some thing in the water. Watch out for the Turkish trouts also know as the turkey diet

krisauger5

Starting Player
We are tputting Incirlik back on the USAFE map...the gym pays tournament fees but we pay for everything else out of pocket....we placed 5th at the Renegade and 5th at US Forces which isn't too bad considering how small we are...like I said any softball info you need, hit me up personally!!!

cuban

Addicted to Softballfans
i will be there the first week in May, i tried to defer my COT leave but that didnt fly. but i am looking forward to playing some ball over there. one quick question does anyone know if i can bring my japanese car over there?

GA_BOY_N_AZ

Gorilla Pimp since 1987
hey boobie an ammo guy named Preston griffin will PCS to Incirlik in May/June 2012. He's here at Osan but played LC with Club red at Pac-Wide

boobie5

Addicted to Softballfans
GA BOY N AZ,
thanks man i will link up with him when i get there man i need to play ball that is a long 15 month tour with no ball. i appreciate the help man.

Chubby_43

GA BOY N AZ,
thanks man i will link up with him when i get there man i need to play ball that is a long 15 month tour with no ball. i appreciate the help man.

Boobie,

There is a guy named Kevin Furedi.. He works at the AMS..

boobie5

Addicted to Softballfans
I can not wait to get there and start playin some ball.....the tourney this weekend was insane.

krisauger5

Starting Player
We just started try-outs today here at Incirlik. Kevin Furedi is now at Ramstein. Chad Ashton is a pretty good ball-player, he is dedicated as hell! He won't miss a practice, bp session, game, whatever he will be there! If you guys need any more info just let me know...

boobie5

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey Krisauger5 it looks like a firm i will be in Turkey on the 28th of June so i will hit you up on the 29th of June hahahaha! Appreciate all the help man and see you guys soon!

Chubby_43

Hey Krisauger5 it looks like a firm i will be in Turkey on the 28th of June so i will hit you up on the 29th of June hahahaha! Appreciate all the help man and see you guys soon!

Auger.. Cut that guy before he even gets there... LOL.. Just kidding Boobie.. I gues you might need to pick a new number and position though...

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
We just started try-outs today here at Incirlik. Kevin Furedi is now at Ramstein. Chad Ashton is a pretty good ball-player, he is dedicated as hell! He won't miss a practice, bp session, game, whatever he will be there! If you guys need any more info just let me know...

Chad hit alot of fly ball HRs at the LIK? He swings shows it.