Insane U Review

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
INSANE U Review

Field conditions

Wind: blowing in from R
Temp: 62 degrees and sunny
Balls: a mix of old and older 52/300 with too many swings on them to count.
Fields: 300 feet fences all around

2 batters 1 RH and 1 LH

Bats used for comparison: 2015 CL22, 2015 Juggy, 2015 USA Aftermath, 2015 Aftermath, 2015 Mercy, Spec One.

Initial Thoughts:

Very soft and responsive barrel similar to 2015 Juggy Opens up at 50-70. Very excited to see what it can do at 200-400

Stiff handle that feels like the CL22 but the barrel is more responsive than the CL22. It makes it a completely different and (in my opinion) better bat.

The bat swings fast through the zone, weighed in at 27.5 but swung like a 27 even with the end load which is there but not overwhelming.

Sweet Spot: took a little while for me to find since I typically swing 13 inch barrels. Started towards the end and worked its way down the barrel. Opened up over the course of the afternoon and about 100 total swings.

Pop: nice fast liners, ball gets out of the infield quickly. Had a few liners off the fence that got there in a hurry.

Distance: Had a few over even with the wind and junk balls. First BP session since October and the bat is not all the way broken in so hard to give it a fair review on distance with a rusty swing but I would say with regular ball this would be my #1 pick of anything I have swung. It is game ready.

LongHaul99

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah this is a sweet bat swung one this past weekend and was hitting seeds with it, it was my boys and he said it had over 200 cuts on it! Ball was jumping off of it! Will be getting one in the next couple of weeks! Just don't know what weight to get I usually swing 27 and the one I swing was a 26.5 and felt good but don't know if I should get a 27.5 cause that's what I have on my ASA version

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
I usually swing 27 with mid load and 13 inch barrels. I went with 27.5 after debating a 26.5 and was happy that I did. It scaled at exactly 27.5 and swings fast through the zone. The end load there but is not heavy like I thought it would be, still enough control to go backside easily.

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
If you like your cl22 in 27 then I would go with the 27.5. They felt really similar but the barrel on the insane is 100% better feel/response.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
If you like your cl22 in 27 then I would go with the 27.5. They felt really similar but the barrel on the insane is 100% better feel/response.

Great news. I figure I can swing this for games and use my cl22 for bp, since the seem to be weighted the same-ish.

28.5 insane and 30 cl22

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
INSANE U Review

Field conditions

Wind: blowing in from R
Temp: 62 degrees and sunny
Balls: a mix of old and older 52/300 with too many swings on them to count.
Fields: 300 feet fences all around

2 batters 1 RH and 1 LH

Bats used for comparison: 2015 CL22, 2015 Juggy, 2015 USA Aftermath, 2015 Aftermath, 2015 Mercy, Spec One.

Initial Thoughts:

Very soft and responsive barrel similar to 2015 Juggy Opens up at 50-70. Very excited to see what it can do at 200-400

Stiff handle that feels like the CL22 but the barrel is more responsive than the CL22. It makes it a completely different and (in my opinion) better bat.

The bat swings fast through the zone, weighed in at 27.5 but swung like a 27 even with the end load which is there but not overwhelming.

Sweet Spot: took a little while for me to find since I typically swing 13 inch barrels. Started towards the end and worked its way down the barrel. Opened up over the course of the afternoon and about 100 total swings.

Pop: nice fast liners, ball gets out of the infield quickly. Had a few liners off the fence that got there in a hurry.

Distance: Had a few over even with the wind and junk balls. First BP session since October and the bat is not all the way broken in so hard to give it a fair review on distance with a rusty swing but I would say with regular ball this would be my #1 pick of anything I have swung. It is game ready.

Have you ever swung a Freak 12 27oz and if so how would you compare them?

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
My Miken experience is limited to the psycho and that was years ago. I will ask around to see if anyone has a freak and try to get a comparison of they do. Mostly Z's around this area though.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Have you ever swung a Freak 12 27oz and if so how would you compare them?

28 freak 12 and 28.5 insane, I would say the insane swings heavier, but performance is very close. Freak barrel is definitely stiffer.

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
I agree 100% on responsiveness and feel of the barrel . I've put maybe 120 swings on mine and it's definitely a hot bat but I think it needs more work to reach full potential . I have a freak 12 which I love they are nothing alike the F12 is much hotter faster but the IU feels better .

I bought a 26.5 and it came in 26 even without a grip. It swings light and pretty balance to mid load but I can't speak for the heavier weights . I kind of wish I got a 27.5 that came in a little light cause I'm used to more end load .

I like and agree with the a lot of review .

If you like Demarinis I highly recommend getting one it's a fun bat .

FCC(SW)RET

Star Player
I enjoy these reviews, so much. But it always kills me up when you guys say "The bat swings fast through the zone". Ya'll just make out like bandits, I keep getting duds. So far, None of the bats make it faster through the zone, no matter how much I pay.

NTX24

Addicted to Softballfans
what is the end-load on these? 1oz? I swing a 26 legacy and a 26 14' cl22. never tried a 25.5 so not sure if it's too light

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
I usually swing 27 oz balanced/mid load bats. I debated going with a 26.5 but decided on a 27.5 instead. I am glad that I did because even though there is a slight end load it is not overwhelming and the bat swings lighter than the scale weight. That is what I mean by fast through the zone, you don't have to fight the end load to control the bat, it's not extremely overpowering. I would recommend going .5 up instead of down.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
your review, in my opinion, describes the new cl22 as well. Im curious if they used the same barrels for the two bats to help demarini keep up with mikens utrip line. I, also, wonder if the vision is close to the same technology. I have swung the vision but it was months before swinging the new cl22 so its hard for me to make that comparison. would be interesting to swing all three side by side. Good review by the ay.

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks! Getting an ASA in the mail soon and will be able to do a side by side. Also looking at some of the new line and will work to keep getting feedback out there.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a crack in my Insane u this weekend. Had well over 1k hits though. Most of them were with some rocks that were sitting in my trunk for most of the winter. I will be buying another one to go along with my return. Would absolutely recommend this this bat to anyone looking for a great Utrip bat.

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a 28.5 and it feels good to me. It's not heavy but it is not too light either. It's really hard to describe because the distance isn't there with my Worths or well broken in Eastons, but I wouldn't expect it to be since I took it out of the wrapper Sunday. But and I can't explain why, it is a fun bat to swing. We were on an old Baseball field, they don't use it anymore because it is only 360' to center 320 down the lines, and of course the wind had to be blowing in. We were using 44s and 1 1'hoped the fence several times in dead center. No problems going backside with it. Just a fun bat to hit and not a scratch on it at the end of the round.

Rega17

'MERICA
Swung mine for the first time tonight. Had similar results to Mike Leonard. Feels real good but nothing amazing yet on distance. Got about 35 hits on it. We'll see where it's at in another 100.

hitalot

Backside and Gaps
so i will play only a few tourneys and maybe one night of league for nsa. anyway i can get one of these but will only get attention so often, is it worth it to buy one and bp it until its good or am i better off just swinging my asa demarinis for the few nsa tourneys? i guess im asking is it that much better and ill notice that much of a difference then my asa sticks? i have enough sticks but always like something new to mess around with and if i will see better performance im always up for it... sorry i guess kinda a newb question i just havent bought or even swung an nsa stick since the old bats and balls

my asa demarinis for 52/300's consist of asa insane, 14 mercy, 16 mercy, 14 AM, 16 AM, 15 juggy, phenix... few others lol but you get the point...

THESHOE

Starting Player
New 2016 CL22 within 150 cuts keeps up with my F12.

It might have even benched it, being that the new CL22 is hot, but has that classic Demarini stadium feel and the upper cap sweet spot I missed in swinging Mikens.

Insane U we don't get here in Canada, Vizions are rare and run us way too much dough.

But the '16 CL22 is awesome. I am swinging it more than my Freak 12 at BP right now. Might be my fav bat going into the season. Nighthawk is up there too.

your review, in my opinion, describes the new cl22 as well. Im curious if they used the same barrels for the two bats to help demarini keep up with mikens utrip line. I, also, wonder if the vision is close to the same technology. I have swung the vision but it was months before swinging the new cl22 so its hard for me to make that comparison. would be interesting to swing all three side by side. Good review by the ay.

jd10

Came to make a bang
alot of great info in this thread guys. is the insane a whole different bat or just a repaint with a different balance?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
so i will play only a few tourneys and maybe one night of league for nsa. anyway i can get one of these but will only get attention so often, is it worth it to buy one and bp it until its good or am i better off just swinging my asa demarinis for the few nsa tourneys? i guess im asking is it that much better and ill notice that much of a difference then my asa sticks? i have enough sticks but always like something new to mess around with and if i will see better performance im always up for it... sorry i guess kinda a newb question i just havent bought or even swung an nsa stick since the old bats and balls

my asa demarinis for 52/300's consist of asa insane, 14 mercy, 16 mercy, 14 AM, 16 AM, 15 juggy, phenix... few others lol but you get the point...

I really like the insane u but I would be more than happy to swing my USA am for a couple of tourneys a year. Not worth it for a few extra feet if you are on a budget.

THESHOE

Starting Player
What ball is your NSA?

They will allow for an ASA bat for sure?

Depending on the ball, you're likely to see some pretty darn minimal differences.

hitalot

Backside and Gaps
I really like the insane u but I would be more than happy to swing my USA am for a couple of tourneys a year. Not worth it for a few extra feet if you are on a budget.

ok for sure thats kinda what i thought. not on a budget no lol but spending my money elsewhere is the intelligent thing... just figured im a spray hitter and like hitting backside and gaps anyway so is a few feet gonna make a difference to me not really...

What ball is your NSA?

They will allow for an ASA bat for sure?

Depending on the ball, you're likely to see some pretty darn minimal differences.

its usually supply your own 52/300 so would prlly hit tattoos or zn's... and yes we can use nsa or asa there, its kinda a mix of rules.

THESHOE

Starting Player
If it's nothing but 52's I would buy an ASA bat personally so long as I can use it.

If I had to play a little bit of both, my choice would then go towards a Dual 12" Demarini or the Dual Stamp LS Super Z. These are the best dual stamp bats I have hit with 52's and 44/375 balls. GF has a Dual Z4000 which if you can deal with the noodley flex very very good barrel.

Same with the Combat duals in the Assault G5 line now. Haven't hit it too much but it is a very good bat with the 52.

I have to be honest, I have never seen a performance increase in going to an ASA bat for the 52 from some of the Utrips I own. I can see how some might like the Juggy flex and see an increase from it. But to me, my CL22 bats and Freak 12 crush it every bit the same as a J3a does.

its usually supply your own 52/300 so would prlly hit tattoos or zn's... and yes we can use nsa or asa there, its kinda a mix of rules.

hitalot

Backside and Gaps
If it's nothing but 52's I would buy an ASA bat personally so long as I can use it.

If I had to play a little bit of both, my choice would then go towards a Dual 12" Demarini or the Dual Stamp LS Super Z. These are the best dual stamp bats I have hit with 52's and 44/375 balls. GF has a Dual Z4000 which if you can deal with the noodley flex very very good barrel.

Same with the Combat duals in the Assault G5 line now. Haven't hit it too much but it is a very good bat with the 52.

I have to be honest, I have never seen a performance increase in going to an ASA bat for the 52 from some of the Utrips I own. I can see how some might like the Juggy flex and see an increase from it. But to me, my CL22 bats and Freak 12 crush it every bit the same as a J3a does.

thank you very much, thats kinda what i thought and was getting at. ill just swing my asa sticks. im most comfortable with them anyway cause im used to them and in my opinion confidence in your bat and hitting is the big key...