insanity? or p90x?

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going to get one of these programs... and I wanted to know which one would be better suited for softball, and why?? if anybody has tried both systems, info would be appreciated...?.thanks...!

wcoastsoftball

Neither, but if you like the DVD premade programs, you will probably see more out of p90x. You could try to mix in insanity once in awhile, but it wrecks the knees and ankles IMO.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you looking to lose weight or get stronger?

I'm looking to get in shape really... faster quicker... not really trying to use it to get better at softball.... was just wondering if one could benefit me better towards softball???

I use to weigh 170 and hit the gym religiously... and I started playing more softball... quit working out all together.... but I'm looking to get in better shape before works in october...

adkins1203

Addicted to Softballfans
Well Insanity is heavily Cardio based, but you only use your body and weight to do things. Essentially all weight loss. P90X requires dumbbells and etc. Good for both. However, you will gain more strength and not lose as much weight as with insanity. P90X would have the most overall benefit in my opinion, but is a bigger investment without a home gym. You'll be in better shape with insanity in 2 weeks though. My brother does it now and doesn't get tired on the field at all anymore. Only using it for 2 weeks and is seeing results. Haven't really seen p90x in person.

hitman217

Addicted to Softballfans
I did the insanity for the two months, i lost over 15 lbs and tons of body fat, got in the best shape of my life and feel great. The abs are coming in. I started the program again but now just doing it every other day with more abs workouts. A lot of people say it hurts there knees but i have had both knees ACL and my knees feel so much stronger i dont wear my knee braces anymore. I feel quicker and stronger.
However you have to dedicate yourself into doing it everyday and the way its outline. I dont follow the nutrient food plan, but i do try to eat more and better health wise. Good luck.

I have done Insanity, P90x, Insanity the Asylum and P90x2. They are all excellent programs and as stated before depending on what your needs and desired goals are will depend on the program for you. I signed last year as a Beachbody coach to learn more about the programs because I had several friends who I was playing ball with wanted to do it with me. I have extra information if you want it just message me and I will help you as much as I can. The one thing I will leave you with is these programs work every time if you do them as designed. Since last year I have worked with almost 30 people doing Beachbody workouts and the only one not successful were those who decided they knew better how to work the programs. You need to the first time through follow it as designed then you can adapt it and I have helped several do just that.

nomar1fan

Banned User
I am doing a hybrid that combines both you can find it on their website. It brings in the best of both for me - not as much impact on the joints like the full insanity but good cardio 2 days a week plus the p90for the other days gets the muscle work going - i like it.