Interest check - Madison WI / Marshall / Waterloo / Stoughton / Middleton tourny team

WarHorse

Star Player
I'm tired of waiting for stuff to happen and for a team to pick me up and roll out. Any interest in forming a tourny team and playing around the lower state a bit? Start out small, get a feel for how we play, get unis maybe, and go from there? My Thursday team dropped so I'm free for another night of ball.

recleaguer83

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly by this time most guys are already committed to a squad, or squads are full. Best bet is to find a tourney to play in, and then grab a few guys that you know can play, maybe they have a guy or two in mind that can. Try and put a squad together for one tourney, make conversation with other players there to help make more connections for you to find players. You will be noticed by guys/teams there if you stand out, that might lead to being asked to play in other tourneys. Just a thought

Toad_1

I can't hit
Keep me in mind if something gets going. I could ask around to and try to bring someone. It would be fun to play ball on the weekends.

UWmad

Addicted to Softballfans
Keep me in mind if something gets going. I could ask around to and try to bring someone. It would be fun to play ball on the weekends.

I'm with ya Ben...kind of miss it. If it's a 1-dayer and got nothing going on I would drive up. My make believe family won't mind!

WarHorse

Star Player
Haha nice. This is actually turning out well! Ultimately I'd like to get 11 or 12 guys, do a BP or two, see how well everyone plays, get a feel for the team, and just have fun at a tourny. We probably won't be destroying other teams but at least it's a chance to play some ball.

Bulldogs#27

Extra Hitter
I wouldn't mind playing more I have my own tournament team. Im actually playing in that Clinton tournament in may. If its a weekend where im not playing for me team im down willing to travel too.

Toad_1

I can't hit
Hell, there's seven folks within this thread that are willing to make this work. We're on our way...

(From past experience, even with enough players for two teams at the beginning of the season, it could be difficult to find roster consistency throughout the entire season. Real spotty after the first couple. Especially without sponsorship. People find it difficult to pay their way if you're two and out in a couple tourneys.)

WarHorse

Star Player
I'm willing to pay to play usually get less dbaggers with that format anyways.

This. Also, I'm not playing to win a ton of cash. If anything I'd like to get together for a couple of charity tournies if we can so that there's not a ton of douchery from other teams either. Rather get some guys together and play for fun and for a cause, than try to make a living shooting middle and bat flipping after hitting a home run.

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
This. Also, I'm not playing to win a ton of cash. If anything I'd like to get together for a couple of charity tournies if we can so that there's not a ton of douchery from other teams either. Rather get some guys together and play for fun and for a cause, than try to make a living shooting middle and bat flipping after hitting a home run.

You are saying you can't bat flip when you hit a bomb, shoot middle for hits all day, play for fun and for a cause and do this all at the same time??? Well, guess I won't play...

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Hell, there's seven folks within this thread that are willing to make this work. We're on our way...

(From past experience, even with enough players for two teams at the beginning of the season, it could be difficult to find roster consistency throughout the entire season. Real spotty after the first couple. Especially without sponsorship. People find it difficult to pay their way if you're two and out in a couple tourneys.)

Listen to Ben on this. We have been there :)
Pick and choose wisely what tourneys you decide to play. Everyone comes in thinking they are better than they actually are and wanting to play the biggest and best tourneys around. It only takes a couple of weekends of 2 and outs to make players lose interest.

AJ22

Super Moderator

Ben ... you should bring this group to Monroe for one of those lower tournaments we run. Cheaper entry fee and a lot of times a one day tournament. I'd let you get a team together for this.

Well, guess I won't play...

You make your way to Wisconsin anytime soon, you will be playing with me. :)

Toad_1

I can't hit
Looking for an outfielder for may 3-4th in janesville at Dawson

I'm highly interested in helping with this opportunity. Sent you a PM.

Listen to Ben on this. We have been there :)
Pick and choose wisely what tourneys you decide to play. Everyone comes in thinking they are better than they actually are and wanting to play the biggest and best tourneys around. It only takes a couple of weekends of 2 and outs to make players lose interest.

Truth. Guys will automatically think they are "C" tourney caliber when reality brings them back to "D/E" in a big hurry. Better off playing a few smaller more localized tournaments where there's a chance of more games, higher probability of success and building team chemistry.

Ben ... you should bring this group to Monroe for one of those lower tournaments we run. Cheaper entry fee and a lot of times a one day tournament. I'd let you get a team together for this.

If there is an assembling of players to make a team legit, this would be perfect.

Same rules as usual? ASA. Time of 45min. One up and DBOs. etc.

brewers15

Arpin's Pride
I would be interested in this too, and I agree with Ben and bdclubber both great friends, and teammates but its hard to put together if ya don't have great guys. I have another tourney team, but looking to play more this summer.

WarHorse

Star Player
Yup. Side note, I have warner 3 reserved saturday at 2pm for BP. Don't know who all is showing up but sent the word out to a lot of people so hopefully we can get enough for a pickup game.

Toad_1

I can't hit
Looking for an outfielder for may 3-4th in janesville at Dawson

Big shout out to Andrew and the team for the great weekend of ball. It was a blast on the field and was nice to get to know everyone off the field as well. Sure, the end win to loss ratio may have been poor, but there were amazing moments of play.

Also, thank you to Nick (Warhorse) for participating in the last two games of the afternoon on such short notice. Hope the wife understands.

Looking forward to a few more tournaments if we can get a legit team functioning. Play on.

Bulldogs#27

Extra Hitter
Big shout out to Andrew and the team for the great weekend of ball. It was a blast on the field and was nice to get to know everyone off the field as well. Sure, the end win to loss ratio may have been poor, but there were amazing moments of play.

Also, thank you to Nick (Warhorse) for participating in the last two games of the afternoon on such short notice. Hope the wife understands.

Looking forward to a few more tournaments if we can get a legit team functioning. Play on.

Thanks Ben and nick for helping out.

WarHorse

Star Player
You're welcome guys. Sorry my offense sucked a whole crap load, but at least it was fun as hell to be a part of it!