Interest check - Madison WI / Marshall / Waterloo / Stoughton / Middleton tourny team

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
What Ben said ^^^^^^^^. Comatose has played in our tourney every year, and until this year they have never finished higher than 5/6 place. All teams played by the rules that were put in place and no rosters were challenged

WarHorse

Star Player
Comatose did bring their lower level team. Only five of their roster spots were filled with the national line up (Brett, AJ[?], TJ, Goose, Pudge). The remainder of the team were of different skill levels and ability.

Play higher level competition to get better. Play down to stay where you are. Or just mow the lawn and nap. Your choice.

**** you too buddy. Come on here and talk **** when you weren't even around for our games. You want a reality ***** slap? I was the dude on our team telling other people not to even worry about it. You think I feel like I'm entitled to win, with a team put together of dudes who've never played together? Are you kidding me right now?

You want to know the truth? Most of the team kept making plays and trying even after the game had ended in the first inning. Was only a couple of people out there who had gave up and I wasn't one of them. In fact, I was the one who after the game told everyone that you gotta play better teams to be a better player and that even though we got destroyed, it's still a learning experience.

Nothing pisses me off more than a dude who assumes **** and then starts talking **** shortly after. But by all means keep making those assumptions.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
When a throw together team goes up against a year in and year out team. That is pretty much what should happen.

Hopefully i'm not one of the people that were looked on as "giving up", I booted one legit ball in that game. The rest of anything near me I had zero chance at.

That was my about 10-12th game back after 2 years off. Just finally started to get my swing back. Hopefully, we play a few more thru the end of the year.

Gotta keep room for one fat guy on the team!

WarHorse

Star Player
When a throw together team goes up against a year in and year out team. That is pretty much what should happen.

Hopefully i'm not one of the people that were looked on as "giving up", I booted one legit ball in that game. The rest of anything near me I had zero chance at.

That was my about 10-12th game back after 2 years off. Just finally started to get my swing back. Hopefully, we play a few more thru the end of the year.

Gotta keep room for one fat guy on the team!

I could not have asked for more out of you man. You played hard right to the end and I'm looking forward to playing with you again. Same with most of the guys on here. You know you played hard and played well.

Toad_1

I can't hit
Nothing pisses me off more than a dude who assumes **** and then starts talking **** shortly after. But by all means keep making those assumptions.

Did I ever assume anything? Confused here.

By saying: "Shooter Malones had no business being there, no matter what name they were going by."

And then: "Ben I'm gonna be blunt with you: I really don't give a **** that we got beat. I spent Sunday mowing the lawn and napping. I also know I ain't going to be returning to BD as I entered under the premise that we were playing lower level teams. Not Comatose."

And: "I was the one who after the game told everyone that you gotta play better teams to be a better player and that even though we got destroyed, it's still a learning experience."

When rules are in place to limit the number of 'upper level' players and they are adhered to, everyone is on a even playing field. To say a team had no reason being there, be it Malones or Comatose, and then say you don't give a darn if you lost because it's a learning experience doesn't make any sense to me.

Lets just say 5 members of all the better teams were regular roster players. This means that the 5-7 remaining roster spots are fill ins. A chemistry is not made of this. Raw teams can beat 'elite' teams with this format. It's all in the talent a team brings with.

I don't talk crap. Most often I speak the truth, hurtful or not.

And kudos for not giving up. Just remember that while you're napping or mowing the lawn, most of the upper level players are working on their game. They often live for family and softball.

chedched

Coach
Ben, I can see why you've got him bent out of shape. I took your comments in the same manner as he did. I don't think for a second that there were only 5 upper level players we faced on that team. After I got over being frustrated, I did enjoy watching the game. They were a good team and had great chemistry. Had you been there, you may be singing a different tune. Nick was the one trying to pick up spirits after the game by telling everyone it was an upper level team and it's good to face them from time to time. I think this is being blown way out of proportion and wet should all just chill a little.

chedched

Coach
And Shawn, well done sir. I think everyone involved had a good time. It was a great atmosphere and it was only made better watching you zip around on your moped.

Toad_1

I can't hit
I don't think for a second that there were only 5 upper level players we faced on that team. After I got over being frustrated, I did enjoy watching the game. They were a good team and had great chemistry. Had you been there, you may be singing a different tune.

5 players of upper level can play at one time. The roster could have been 10 upper level players, yet could only field 5 of them at any one time. The remaining players must be lower level in ability.

This was all discussed in the Johnny's Lounge tourney thread and there were some pretty strong words to and fro on the subject.

And yes, I should have been there. But I also understand that the line-up this thread created could have been classified as E/D. But with teams having 5 C players on the field at any given time makes a difference.

I've played against Bubba's with almost all their power (2A, 3B and the rest C level players.) Have played Comatose, Venom, Mayhem, Rookies, etc. at full strength. I knew what to expect from them. Why? Because I understood the competition. This only comes from experience; asking the right questions, watching thousands of games, making connections, being around better ballgames and players. No excuses. Experience.

Unlimited arch tourneys are a whole new ballgame. If you're dismayed by what's in chuck, don't switch over. More drama, strong talent pool on limited teams. (No classification, small community and big money.) It can always be worse for a start up team.

chedched

Coach
And the speed limit was 65 on the way up. What's your point?

I think we all share the same sentiment regarding playing up. It's done and over, I don't see why you have to call us a bunch of whiners even though you didn't see first hand how it went down.

Anyways, where next? Let's have some fun and play ball. If you bring the princess shirt again, I'm bunting.

Last edited:

WarHorse

Star Player
Alright I'm back, and calmed down. Sorry for blowing up on you Ben, you're still a great guy and you always will be, and I do value your advice.

I'm still planning on something next and keeping my eyes open. Hammet has a tourny next weekend but sadly I just don't have enough time to make it to that one. I think he has another later that I might be down to play.

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
I probably shouldn't interject here, but I'm gonna either way. If you guys are going to complain about this type of stuff regarding toureny ball and the guys that play tourneys consistently, you really should just stick to your leagues. Shawn's tourement is a really good litmus test as to where your team sits on a competitive level in wisconsin. The Shooters guys are good ball players, but by no means are they any higher than D level team. Seriously, stop complaining and get better. Youre going to play teams that swing glass, oh well- you're going to play teams that stretch the rules, oh well. Everyone that plays toureny ball runs into the same stuff. Deal with it. Take your lumps and improve your team. Most tourenys are way more competitive than your leagues. I think you guys just found that out. Now where do you go from here? You could keep whinning and crying about teams that are better than you or you can act like you have balls an get better.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
Nobody bitched we commented about it thats all now everyone carry the fugg on. We got shmoked and still in the end tried to have fun with it.

Hows the hip Shaun/Shawn/Sean. However its spelled lol

Bulldogs#27

Extra Hitter
I already have times and filled for this weekend but still have plenty of room for the diabetes tournament aug 16-17 all proceeds go to riding on insulin. I had fun but do to a sore throat and past injuries I'm not playing at a hundred percent but is always give 110% effort. Wasn't going to back out on you guys and I know how to suck it up. I knew they were using an illegal bat big deal happens all the time sadly I just played back so I wouldn't take a shot call me a pansy or a ***** but you have to be smart about somethings. Nick and Ben I have always had fun with you guys. Keep it calm just remember we all just want to get better and play ball. To the rest of the guys it was great to meet you guys and put faces with names best of luck to you guys in the future.

chedched

Coach
I already have times and filled for this weekend but still have plenty of room for the diabetes tournament aug 16-17 all proceeds go to riding on insulin. I had fun but do to a sore throat and past injuries I'm not playing at a hundred percent but is always give 110% effort. Wasn't going to back out on you guys and I know how to suck it up. I knew they were using an illegal bat big deal happens all the time sadly I just played back so I wouldn't take a shot call me a pansy or a ***** but you have to be smart about somethings. Nick and Ben I have always had fun with you guys. Keep it calm just remember we all just want to get better and play ball. To the rest of the guys it was great to meet you guys and put faces with names best of luck to you guys in the future.

Is this Big Juicy, our pitcher? Never did catch your name.

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^yeah......and shooters sandbags. Stick with your league ball so you don't hurt yourself or your feelings anymore.

chedched

Coach
Easy keyboard commando...

You don't know anything about me. I said I enjoyed the game. It was fun to see them play, just wish we didn't play them. I love people that talk smack to someone they don't know. I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you sometime.

With that, I'm unsubscribing. It was awesome to hang with you guys.

Toad_1

I can't hit
And the speed limit was 65 on the way up. What's your point?.

My point?

If the rules of competition are adhered to prior to events taking place then teams know there was no sandbagging.

Chalk it up as a learning experience. Competitive tournaments can be frustrating. The more one knows...

WarHorse

Star Player
My point?

If the rules of competition are adhered to prior to events taking place then teams know there was no sandbagging.

Chalk it up as a learning experience. Competitive tournaments can be frustrating. The more one knows...

How many runs in the first inning? 25? The second inning? 10 more?

Yeah, there was definitely no sandbagging. lmao. I don't think there's a single person here who really lost sleep over it. Like I said, my lawn got mowed and I got extra sleep Sunday without a care in the world.

Toad_1

I can't hit
I'm still at a loss here. Why the term sandbagging?

It's not unheard of to score 25 runs in one inning.

What were the factors? Errors. Shift in defense. Their pitch selection and plate discipline. Softball I.Q. for situational hitting/placement.

Were you able to split that number in half with your teams next at bat? Why not and how could you have done better?

There are many reasons for why the loss occurred. Sandbagging could not have been the reason, per the roster regulations. Start asking questions and seek the answers to better prepare.

Is there shame in finding the answers? No. Hang around the ball fields and ask upper level players how they approach the game. What is their preparation? Watch ALL the games being played and see what does and doesn't work. Why and why not? See if anyone from other teams would like to BP or share their equipment to test out. Find the information before making strong accusations of sandbagging or cheating--true or not. Become better through tough questions.

Last edited:

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't resist. Shooters didn't finish in the top five of the toureny and they were sandbagging? LOL! So the teams that beat shooters and finished ahead of them should've not been allowed either? Come on, think about what you're whinning about before you start to whine about it!

Bulldogs#27

Extra Hitter
It was load the bases and a home run and placement hitting. Good thing these guys were with us when we faced bubbas in the dells. That was what 14 homeruns in one inning.lol now that was a learning experience. Blasts over 380 fences

jscx79

Addicted to Softballfans
Is this Big Juicy, our pitcher? Never did catch your name.

I am Big Juicy (James) and sorry guys for pitching a good bp ball to that last team. But I did have a fun time playing on the team hopefully we all can do it again, just wish we could have made it to Sunday. I have jumped on some put together tourney teams and this was the best group of guys that I played with, I think we all got along well. Usually you get a couple of ***holes that blame everyone else for how the team plays, but I didn't see that with this group.

I do think we got a bad draw with the long waits between games, kinda loose something having to wait that long to play. Playing 3 games in an 11 hour time span is a long day. I am used to playing 3 games within 6-7 hours for tourneys, but that's one of the downsides of having only 2 fields with that many teams. I also don't think the double cheeseburgers and pizza helped while we waited either, but they were tasty.

So best of luck to everyone on there league nights and other tourneys and hopefully we can all get together for another one. I think we did well for the first time playing together, at least we didn't go 2 and out.

Toad_1

I can't hit
It was load the bases and a home run and placement hitting. Good thing these guys were with us when we faced bubbas in the dells. That was what 14 homeruns in one inning.lol now that was a learning experience. Blasts over 380 fences

True. And not once did the team give into frustration. Bubba's gave us respect throughout the day because the team you put together was willing to learn and communicate one-on-one, BP with them and ask questions.

Same goes with Rookie's. Even JoJo's gave the team props for individuals trying to improve their game. Exactly what I'm trying to convey.

Respect is earned and not given. By showing the willingness to improve, without excuses, will help. Other teams notice these attributes. It's a win-win situation.

I've been fortunate enough to be on a couple start up teams that were formed through this forum. I'd like to say that so far I have yet to be on a team calling out sandbagging or cheating in tournaments. I hope it continues.

Toad_1

I can't hit
Any ball being played the next few weekends?

I enjoyed my time in Arlington and Utica this past weekend. It only wet my appetite for more tourneys.

Hope everyone is doing well and craving more.