Interesting: Wood vs Aluminum

HaleStorm

Well lets change the equation. What about "legal" composite bat vs allunium alloy bats? What is the difference there then?

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I'd fully support the All-Star game HR Derby allowing hitters to use Composite bats. would be epic

those hr's would strike fans and kill them....mlb would have so many lawsuits they would have to sell the Clev. Indians and Pitt. Pirates to Japan just to cover the cost of their lawyers

WarningTrackHR

Last Brawh Standing
those hr's would strike fans and kill them....mlb would have so many lawsuits they would have to sell the Clev. Indians and Pitt. Pirates to Japan just to cover the cost of their lawyers

Sometimes Sacrifices need to be made to satisfy this brawh.

Just pass out masks before people take their seats. Boom, bases covered.

CD#5

Addicted to Softballfans
I love the Sport Science show, it use to be on fox sports net here in columbus, guess ESPN liked it so much that they just bought it. They were saying on baseball tonight, that maybe if the manufactures start making alloy with the same specs as wood (sweet spot) that alloy in the next 5 years could be the bat in major league baseball. There reasoning is that the with all the maple bats breaking in chunks, the alloy would be stronger than wood but still hold up. I just don't know if I can take that ping sound for a full game

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
there is a video online about 2 guys hitting wood and metal and they came off in average about the same....look it up....i cant at work.

its 2 guys in a cage doing it

HaleStorm

I love the Sport Science show, it use to be on fox sports net here in columbus, guess ESPN liked it so much that they just bought it. They were saying on baseball tonight, that maybe if the manufactures start making alloy with the same specs as wood (sweet spot) that alloy in the next 5 years could be the bat in major league baseball. There reasoning is that the with all the maple bats breaking in chunks, the alloy would be stronger than wood but still hold up. I just don't know if I can take that ping sound for a full game

Honestly, when I think of good old fashion professional baseball, I love hearing the sound of the crack when the batter hits the sweet spot on the barrel. Something about that very distinct sound makes it very exciting. I don't think I would be too happy hearing constant aluminum ping sound off the bat.