Is it the ARCHER or the ARROW?

sfrtk

Addicted to Softballfans
There is so much hype that goes into "new technology" etc with our bats.

Up until maybe 2 years ago I would have said it definitely is the player more than the equipment he uses...
That changed when I switched from a balanced to an end loaded bat, the JH120 specifically.
The difference was nite and day.
I now believe it probably is a combination of player and equipment and finding that "match".
I've also seen it with one of my best friends who used to play "A" ball. He is the only guy I know that can backspin his line drives and big flies consistently. Everything about his at-bats changes when he moves away from his tried and true bat...every time he buys a new bat in attempt to "upgrade", by the end of the tourney, he is back to his oldy but goodie. The trajectory, distance, spin is totally different when he returns to it.

Any thoughts?

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
There is so much hype that goes into "new technology" etc with our bats.

Up until maybe 2 years ago I would have said it definitely is the player more than the equipment he uses...
That changed when I switched from a balanced to an end loaded bat, the JH120 specifically.
The difference was nite and day.
I now believe it probably is a combination of player and equipment and finding that "match".
I've also seen it with one of my best friends who used to play "A" ball. He is the only guy I know that can backspin his line drives and big flies consistently. Everything about his at-bats changes when he moves away from his tried and true bat...every time he buys a new bat in attempt to "upgrade", by the end of the tourney, he is back to his oldy but goodie. The trajectory, distance, spin is totally different when he returns to it.

Any thoughts?

Although I cant speak for slo-pitch hitting....hitting is more mental than anything else so if your comfortable with your stick and it performs well thats one less thing you need to worry about while in the box.

With that said a good hitter can hit with wet linguini. Its a combo of both but about 80/20 hitter/bat.

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
It is both. If you are a great hitter using a hammer, you won't be as great as you can be. If you are a poor hitter using an Ultra II, you still won't be a great hitter.

Cobb

Addicted to Softballfans
Wouldn't the arrow be considered the ball and not the bat? Archer=hitter bow=bat arrow=ball

just sayin...

Last edited:

WarningTrackHR

Last Brawh Standing
It's usually the ball, you want a ball that goes as close to the edge without going over. But them when it does, it'll get banned, you'll make a thread crying about it, then you'll shut up and go back to the right section. :cool: :rolleyes:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
A good hitter will hit good with anything...........But, a good hitter will hit more gooder with a more gooder bat, making him a more gooder hitter...........

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
I think w/ lower level players, a lot of times it's the arrow. I was playing a league game yesterday against a team we have played very often the last few years. He's always used an old stealth and even on his best day would not even come close to the fence. He's the type of guy in league where you tell your OFers to move in a little bit. Well yesterday he comes to the plate with an OG CNT+ and low and behold he hits the fence. It sounded like it was well broken in and it had some good webbing on it so balls were flying off that bat.
The guy does not have a good swing and can't even come close to the fence with his usual bat.

I agree that with better players it's more about the archer, but in this case, it was the arrow.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
Definately the Indian. I got a bat from an indian guy and a week later he asked for it back because I hit so well with it.