Is the new 2015 Juggy the New J3A ?

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Seen this some where that the new 2015 Juggy swings and performs more like the J3A. So those of you that had the well missed J3A and now have the new 2015 Juggy what is word on this comparison ?

Last edited:

TRaj2327

Yes, and so was last years. We need to get past this J3A hype. Yes, it was an awesome bat, but the 2014 and 2015 both push the limits of performance. It's what DeMarini does year in and year out.

Caddy

Manager
J3A hype or truth? The 14's n 15's perform and swing similar but there's a reason the new bats are always compared to the '13 line (maybe cuz the '13's were failing compression testing out of the wrapper)

kspec24

The last of the Chosen
2014 juggy barrel was much softer than the J3a. the 2015 juggy has crisper feeling barrel, but i have not been able to put that many swings on it. as for performance the J3a is still king. 2014 juggy is a very good bat, but not the same as the J3a and did not perform the same as the J3a. 2015 juggy feels like it needs some work, but it does feel more like the J3a than last years did.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Yes, and so was last years. We need to get past this J3A hype. Yes, it was an awesome bat, but the 2014 and 2015 both push the limits of performance. It's what DeMarini does year in and year out.

TRaj

I am sorry but am going to have to disagree with you, and I know this is base on myself only which my swing and power come into play. But after my J3A give up the ghost I sent it in and got the 2014 Juggy and not to mention that was also Hype up just as the J3A was and in matter of fact alot of players where stating that it was better/hotter then the J3A.

Well for myself that was not the case, after putting close to 300 hits on the 2014 it was not even close to the performance I got from the J3A. I felt that the 2014 seem to just a little bit more handle flex or something that I cant really point out that threw my swing off compared to the J3A.

With that said I got rid of 2014 Juggy.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
2014 juggy barrel was much softer than the J3a. the 2015 juggy has crisper feeling barrel, but i have not been able to put that many swings on it. as for performance the J3a is still king. 2014 juggy is a very good bat, but not the same as the J3a and did not perform the same as the J3a. 2015 juggy feels like it needs some work, but it does feel more like the J3a than last years did.

^^^^^^^^^^^ post of the day and good info kspec thanks Bro.

TRaj2327

TRaj

I am sorry but am going to have to disagree with you, and I know this is base on myself only which my swing and power come into play. But after my J3A give up the ghost I sent it in and got the 2014 Juggy and not to mention that was also Hype up just as the J3A was and in matter of fact alot of players where stating that it was better/hotter then the J3A.

Well for myself that was not the case, after putting close to 300 hits on the 2014 it was not even close to the performance I got from the J3A. I felt that the 2014 seem to just a little bit more handle flex or something that I cant really point out that threw my swing off compared to the J3A.

With that said I got rid of 2014 Juggy.

Disagree all you want, and I mean no disrespect, but you're one player. What I'm suggesting is balance points mean a lot to some people, but I don't feel much difference between the 3 in terms of endload/balance and swing each interchangeably. I can also say with exit speed evidence that the performance differences are undetectable on radar.

hwood

RESIDENT STUD
They are the same bat. Call demarini and ask. Why would they lie? All three exact same bat. The barrel being softer as some claim is just from hitting balls that are softer or harder or changed due to use and temperature. I would love to believe that every year they are uping the ante in these bats. But it is not the case. And how much hotter does a bat need to be than the last three juggys. They are all ridiculous. And i have all three.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Disagree all you want, and I mean no disrespect, but you're one player. What I'm suggesting is balance points mean a lot to some people, but I don't feel much difference between the 3 in terms of endload/balance and swing each interchangeably. I can also say with exit speed evidence that the performance differences are undetectable on radar.

No disrspect took and I agree am just one player that was really wanted to enjoy my 2014 Juggy but found it on a lower level then my J3A for my swing and power.

Either way I really wanted to come back to Demarini but if the 2015 is the copy cat of the 2014 then I will have to pass.

Last edited:

Chico_O

Bat Addict
Here's an opinion I'm willing to throw out there...

I think alot of people refer to the '13 line, because in part for most bats, the Juggy line was not nearly as hot prior to as they are today- so they had nothing to compare it too until the release of the '13 J3A, so now some players consider that the new Gold Standard, and if it doesn't exceed this standard, its not as hot, or not the same etc.

Do I believe the '13-'15 are the same exact bat? I'm no expert, aside from some paint changes, and maybe some of the bonding agents they use from year to year, they are most certainly the same makeup.

If the J3A never came out in '13, and we started with the '14 Juggy as the "hype" from the Juggy family- then its feasible to say that we may use the "14 Juggy as our "standard" from the Juggy line.

ALL bats, meet and pass the same standard, to think that 1 bat from the same line exceeds that, is only a matter of opinion and not fact.

bigrich951

Extra Hitter
If this is the case then I will pass on the 2015.

Demarini came out and said the same absolutely the same bat just change of color.. They have no need to lie either way people are going to buy the new lines so no need to fib saying these new 2015 are better or anything when they are the exact same thing

JPG

Lefty
I think they all perform great but if I had a choice to pick one I would pick the white and gold no doubt.
Right now if you asked me to pick a Juggy I would pick the SBF CL22 all the way.

bigrich951

Extra Hitter
They are the same bat. Call demarini and ask. Why would they lie? All three exact same bat. The barrel being softer as some claim is just from hitting balls that are softer or harder or changed due to use and temperature. I would love to believe that every year they are uping the ante in these bats. But it is not the case. And how much hotter does a bat need to be than the last three juggys. They are all ridiculous. And i have all three.

^^^^^^^ :amen:

adon14x

Addicted to Softballfans
Of course Demarini is going to tell you it is the same bat. They want to sell them. I have swung all 3. The J3a is still king of them. I do however feel like the 2015 is much closer. For the price difference though I don't see spending 350-400 for a NIW J3a when you can get a J5 for 250$

JPG

Lefty
Why would one buy the new version if the old version is the same thing and cheaper?
To just be Devil's advocate demarini can say it's the same bat so all the new ones get the hype of the old one possibly but one would know by trying it out for them selfs.

Not the same bat imo fellas. Same graphic design but performance is way better for the 2015 model. I just unwrapped my 2015 last night during league. First 2 hits were both 1 hoppers to the fence. 3rd was a shot up middle. 4th was over the fence. This thing does feel like the J3A but better to me. I have the 2014 as well and didn't get the same feeling.

JPG

Lefty
People can also claim new bats hotter when they have been hitting 3 years more nowadays so there way better. Laugh at that thought lol.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Not the same bat imo fellas. Same graphic design but performance is way better for the 2015 model. I just unwrapped my 2015 last night during league. First 2 hits were both 1 hoppers to the fence. 3rd was a shot up middle. 4th was over the fence. This thing does feel like the J3A but better to me. I have the 2014 as well and didn't get the same feeling.

If the 2015 dont feeling nothing like the 2014 and it feels more like the J3A then I may have to give the 2015 a try.

I know people are going to claim all day everyday same bat and all that but I can swing a 2014 and good Bro's J3A side by side during BP and again am saying this for myself ONLY, the J3A fits my swing and power to the T and where the J3A really leaves the 2014 behind in performance.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
This thread really shows the mental side of hitting you think a bat will be better you hit better with it .

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's an opinion I'm willing to throw out there...

I think alot of people refer to the '13 line, because in part for most bats, the Juggy line was not nearly as hot prior to as they are today- so they had nothing to compare it too until the release of the '13 J3A, so now some players consider that the new Gold Standard, and if it doesn't exceed this standard, its not as hot, or not the same etc.

Do I believe the '13-'15 are the same exact bat? I'm no expert, aside from some paint changes, and maybe some of the bonding agents they use from year to year, they are most certainly the same makeup.

If the J3A never came out in '13, and we started with the '14 Juggy as the "hype" from the Juggy family- then its feasible to say that we may use the "14 Juggy as our "standard" from the Juggy line.

ALL bats, meet and pass the same standard, to think that 1 bat from the same line exceeds that, is only a matter of opinion and not fact.

^^^What he said^^^