Is the new 2015 Juggy the New J3A ?

Doug

Old and Grumpy
My J3A is slightly better than my 2014 Juggy because it has more hits other than that same exact bat. I'm sure the 2015 is also supposed to be the same but they're coming in light, which may explain why some like better than 2014 model

bigrich951

Extra Hitter
Softball is about 80% mental 20% skill have some teammates that can only like to swing with Worth some Easton n me Demarini but it's all in your head thinking one line or one bat is hotter then the other when it's clear they are the same thing

jk22

Humpty Dumpty was Pushed.....
Traded in 2014 Jeep Wrangler for 2015. Same god dam vehicle with different graphics, consule knobs,etc..
Thats my 2cents..

JPG

Lefty
I never agreed with that % talk to far. There is def skill, style, experience and many other items that take play. But the game is mental and in the head matters but can't make you a baller. The tool you use and how you use it is big as well. Some choose shavers and that is another way to hit.

bigrich951

Extra Hitter
I say its more mental for the simple fact that a new year model comes out and claim its "hot out the wrapper" so everyone wants it for that simple reason... Then comes next years model claiming its hotter then the last???... How is that possible to be hotter then the last model which was hotter then July that's impossible then the bat would be illegal and would fail compression test from the get go

Had another league night and had 2 other guys that swing a 2014 juggy also swung my 2015 and they say the same thing. they can feel the difference in it and see the results. one of them who never hits anything over a double hit an inside the park HR...keep in mind he's not fast at all and not a power hitter by any means. If you're swinging a 2014 and think it's the same...it's not. swing a 2015 and then put in your thoughts...until then if all you've swung is a 2014 then you have no valid opinion. just saying...

JPG

Lefty
I say its more mental for the simple fact that a new year model comes out and claim its "hot out the wrapper" so everyone wants it for that simple reason... Then comes next years model claiming its hotter then the last???... How is that possible to be hotter then the last model which was hotter then July that's impossible then the bat would be illegal and would fail compression test from the get go

haha! Yup I hear you. I go with my gut feeling and the OG is always hotter "bro".

JPG

Lefty
It's all in good fun. Swing what fits your swing.

Right on the screws right there. Doesn't have to be the hottest to hit a whole. Everyone has good thoughts. Good words, I am glad no ones fighting like other threads. Thumbs up icon.

Kentzell42

Straight Into Ketosis!
Had another league night and had 2 other guys that swing a 2014 juggy also swung my 2015 and they say the same thing. they can feel the difference in it and see the results. one of them who never hits anything over a double hit an inside the park HR...keep in mind he's not fast at all and not a power hitter by any means. If you're swinging a 2014 and think it's the same...it's not. swing a 2015 and then put in your thoughts...until then if all you've swung is a 2014 then you have no valid opinion. just saying...

Agree. There are minor differences in this years line from last years. Bat companies are always going to tweak something. Otherwise, they are just going to repaint every model and their technology will quickly be surpassed.

Joker

f4qTbam.gif

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip

Hmmmmmmm :3some: maybe I might try out a 2015 ......... maybe.

eastonfreak81

Addicted to Softballfans
I received a '15 Juggy back as return, put 50 hits on it, and sold it. For me, it hit no different than my J3 (when I had one) or my '14 Juggy.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I received a '15 Juggy back as return, put 50 hits on it, and sold it. For me, it hit no different than my J3 (when I had one) or my '14 Juggy.

Only 50 hits on it, how do you know if @ 75 hits its performance goes up to a whole other level ?

Last edited:

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
These threads say more about the board bro's respective hitting ability and emotional stability than the bat's performance or swing feel comparisons. If you experience variations between these bats, a Zepp and more disciplined BP would be a more beneficial investment to your hitting performance than a new bat.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
These threads say more about the board bro's respective hitting ability and emotional stability than the bat's performance or swing feel comparisons. If you experience variations between these bats, a Zepp and more disciplined BP would be a more beneficial investment to your hitting performance than a new bat.

So Chrome,

You mean to tell me that out of all the years you been playing ball and you haven't bought a new bat and it did not fit your swing/power compared to one of your older bats ?

Adamal24

Never Settle™
You are never going to get a consensus.. just buy one and try it out. If you don't like it, sell it or trade it and get something else.

Johnny T

ADD & OCD on SBF
J3A hype or truth? The 14's n 15's perform and swing similar but there's a reason the new bats are always compared to the '13 line (maybe cuz the '13's were failing compression testing out of the wrapper)

J3's are still better imo too. Why do Ya think they always compare em to it?
I think it would be sweet if they just did a reissue of it same specs & all. I don't care if it passes or fails compression after a short while. That's not a problem where I play.
J3 over 14&15 Juggy easy for me.

SDMike

Addicted to Softballfans
"Listen, and listen well. There are only two kinds of good softball bats. The ones that have not come out yet and the original models only."

--Softball Forum God

joonyah9

Addicted to Softballfans
Everything get compared to the '13 bats because that's the year that the ASA ONLY bats came out. It was a whole new game changer especially when leagues didn't require changing the ball from the 44s to the 52s. That's the bottom line.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
So Chrome,

You mean to tell me that out of all the years you been playing ball and you haven't bought a new bat and it did not fit your swing/power compared to one of your older bats ?

What I've found is timing/mechanics > bat performance and the majority off softballers aren't consistent enough to detect what is a bat atribute vs a variance in their swing/timing. But the overwhelming majority of the time poor timing or contact is attributed to the bat somehow.

There's no discernable difference in any of the new stamp Juggy's, the difference is in your perception and confidence in the different graphics and variances in your swing. If you're switching between a Mercy and a 30oz Juggy, there is a difference and will be an adjustment period.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
/\ this is what I'm working on, 1 or 2 bats in the same weight to feel comfortable, it's human nature to think we can just pick up any bat and swing away, good results with one, bad results with another, it has to be the bat not mechanics, I've fallen for the hype and bought a ton of bats, no more, I have swungboth the j3a and the 14, to me the 14 felt a tad stiffer in the handle, now the j3 was a 28 and I just didn't like it, and the 14 is a 27 and feels good, but the distance and exit speed where almost identical, the 14 was maybe 10 to 15 feet more and I attribute this to the weight, 27 was a better fit, I'm not sure if I will try a 15, I've moved on to the Cluggy, better fit