Is the Torq that good?

BennyD417

Baller
I was watching the Major on TV last night from this weekend in FL. I saw Kirby and Baker weren't even using their own bats. Most of the guys were using the lime green torq. What is so good about it? and do they make one with a stationary handle? I don't see how that moving handle would benefit guys using an overlap grip. It seems like it would only work with a baseball grip, which I still use. Anyone have some good info for me? Thanks.

doublebagel

Manager
Word is its good but sometimes for televised events they'll push the latest bat. The torq happens to be the newest bat.
The overlap will nullify the effect of the handle.

WillW3

Starting Player
From what I hear, the torq is pretty damn good. ChrisK and Chudder have threads up of reviews. Chris says he likes his a lot. Like stated above, overlap nullifies it. There isn't one made with a stationary handle, but I hear one is in the works. I too think Kirby and Baker may be swinging it to try and sell more, but I don't think that takes away from the bat. I'll put it like this, I haven't heard anything bad about it except price.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
It's that good. If a hitter isn't hitting their exclusive bat with their name on it. It's not for marketing trust me..
At the majors down in Houston, most teams were using the Torq. It's not to sell more Torq's, let's just say that.

Filby swings a freak 12 and not his filby bat. Probably because the freak 12 is a beast.

Jacobf_64

Extra Hitter
I won a Torq in a raffle and hit it for the Friday time Monday
I fell in love with it, great distance and feels amazing

THESHOE

Starting Player
The Mako is a damn nice bat.

Feels really good.

Not sure why a guy would ditch his signature bat for one. Kinda makes you wonder why they wouldn't just ask for a mako in their specs, but hey, it happens.

What is weird considering, and maybe it just didn't have enough hits, but I hit the raw power 2pc bats much better. Then again, my initial thought on the Mako was that feel wise, it had this 100h mojo about it. Something the L1's did not.

BennyD417

Baller
I have seen Reyna hit it around here, and his handle is taped. I wonder if all the guys do that who overlap. The handle really doesn't make sense for softball, as so many people overlap, including Helmer. I guess they must like the barrel on it.

Some send one to the WA. I already spent money buying 2 st100 recently and they are sic at only 400-600 swings. I'm back to a conventional grip and wanna demo this bat.

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
I assure you players swing what they think is the best bat. Easton isn't forcing guys to swing specific bats to push sales.

The Torq is just that good.

PaulyP1

Banned User
That good. They were swingin them in games before TV. Make no mistake these are the real deal. Worth the extra few bucks.

godsfavorite32

Loyalty iz aLL I KnoW!!!!
Chudder and Pauly are right this bat is the real deal... I damn near wanna put my 2000 swing paint chip 100H down for it bat is straight up nasty say what you want...

skew12

I just picked one up, the Asa version. I've put about 75 hits on it and after awhile I have stopped noticing the handle. I'll probably experiment with taping it up in the future, but I just really haven't had enough time to bp it yet.

ShowMeUrCNT

Part Time Player
I assure you players swing what they think is the best bat. Easton isn't forcing guys to swing specific bats to push sales.

The Torq is just that good.

If that is the case, why wasn't Helmer swinging the 100H in 2013/2014?

"What is your favourite bat of all time? (Aug 20, 2014)"

"Brett: Truthfully it is hands down the 100H. Easton really made this the best performing bat of all time."

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
If that is the case, why wasn't Helmer swinging the 100H in 2013/2014?

"What is your favourite bat of all time? (Aug 20, 2014)"

"Brett: Truthfully it is hands down the 100H. Easton really made this the best performing bat of all time."

He said that before he swung the Torq... :D

mobrienjr

Banned User
If I am not mistaken...the RealTree is a Torq, without the handle.

Both use the same barrel composite. Just different paints.

I was watching the Major on TV last night from this weekend in FL. I saw Kirby and Baker weren't even using their own bats. Most of the guys were using the lime green torq. What is so good about it? and do they make one with a stationary handle? I don't see how that moving handle would benefit guys using an overlap grip. It seems like it would only work with a baseball grip, which I still use. Anyone have some good info for me? Thanks.

Mako barrel no spinning handle 1 piece bat

http://www.sourceforsports.com/3336...ded-1pc-USSSA-Slo-Pitch-Bat.aspx#.VQlpY454rYh

my review on it:
picked up 2 of these last night. put 85 swings on one of them and 60 on the other. Hitting off a Tee last night and was very impressed. bat has not found the NEXT gear ( so we all call it ) but the sound did change around the 50 hit mark. Hitting HotDots, Grey Dots, Evil BP lites & a few God Dots. I was also going to round up a Mako Torq but....... I'm sticking it out with this SFS Easton. from the feel I got last night with these they should be JUST fine.
Easton has really done their homework for bats this year.
Mind you everyone has their preference on what works for them. Some will try bats and move them along that is our craze that we have. But if you find something you like stick with it.

Give this bat a try it might not be what you like but....... it will not disappoint!

both bats brand new out off wrapper both are 26oz
off a Tee last night
@ Millcroft back hard ball diamond
325 lines
340 power alleys
380 center
very slight cross breeze left to right field
15 degrees C
HotDots, Grey Dots, Evil BP lites

I found that my line drives carried further then normal
exit speed was good after the 50-60 swing mark ( sound changed )
I got a few balls to 1 hop the RF power alley ( Grey & Evil balls ) the HotDots were about 15-20ft shorter.
was nice cause not too much roll on the outfield as ground was still soft so the ball stuck when they landed.

Chudder has swung this too and liked it. we tried these for the 1st time last September

hanseej

Addicted to Softballfans
Mako barrel no spinning handle 1 piece bat

http://www.sourceforsports.com/3336...ded-1pc-USSSA-Slo-Pitch-Bat.aspx#.VQlpY454rYh

my review on it:
picked up 2 of these last night. put 85 swings on one of them and 60 on the other. Hitting off a Tee last night and was very impressed. bat has not found the NEXT gear ( so we all call it ) but the sound did change around the 50 hit mark. Hitting HotDots, Grey Dots, Evil BP lites & a few God Dots. I was also going to round up a Mako Torq but....... I'm sticking it out with this SFS Easton. from the feel I got last night with these they should be JUST fine.
Easton has really done their homework for bats this year.
Mind you everyone has their preference on what works for them. Some will try bats and move them along that is our craze that we have. But if you find something you like stick with it.

Give this bat a try it might not be what you like but....... it will not disappoint!

both bats brand new out off wrapper both are 26oz
off a Tee last night
@ Millcroft back hard ball diamond
325 lines
340 power alleys
380 center
very slight cross breeze left to right field
15 degrees C
HotDots, Grey Dots, Evil BP lites

I found that my line drives carried further then normal
exit speed was good after the 50-60 swing mark ( sound changed )
I got a few balls to 1 hop the RF power alley ( Grey & Evil balls ) the HotDots were about 15-20ft shorter.
was nice cause not too much roll on the outfield as ground was still soft so the ball stuck when they landed.

Chudder has swung this too and liked it. we tried these for the 1st time last September

The SFS bat has IMX composite though, whereas the Torq/Realtree are TCT. I'm not sure what Mako even means, since it's not representing the composite used on the bats.

Wouldn't a 1 piece, short barrel, IMX composite bat just be another Wegman?

WillW3

Starting Player
Pauly mentioned liking the SFS bat too. He could elaborate more on that. I still don't think it's IMX, but who the hell knows.