Is there really that big of difference?

gbombs

Currently on the DL
I've been swinging my buddys 28 j2 and I'm in love but its a tad heavy... so when I seen a 27 for sell I pulled the trigger on it and swiped it up... I told my buddy and his exact words were "dude... Why? There's a big difference between that and my 28."

So other then weight... is there any big difference or should I take this as my buddy is mad because I finally got my own and I won't be hitting with his anymore?

Ice25

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont know what issues your buddy has with you using his bat or what not. But no there should be no difference besides 1oz.

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans
no difference as far as how they were made or anything... unless hes referring to his J2 being dirty?

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 27oz j2 and it absolutely smokes the ball till the end cap separated. I'm working on my second J2 right now

BryonR41

Just what everyone else said, unless your buddy's bat has been to the doctor

and Not to thread jack...but what Evo is 33/25, is that the FP model? Just curious....

Fetus Rex

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been swinging my buddys 28 j2 and I'm in love but its a tad heavy... so when I seen a 27 for sell I pulled the trigger on it and swiped it up... I told my buddy and his exact words were "dude... Why? There's a big difference between that and my 28."

So other then weight... is there any big difference or should I take this as my buddy is mad because I finally got my own and I won't be hitting with his anymore?

If your buddy has a 1st batch J2 and you bought a J2 FSE there will be a difference in flex I believe, from what I've been reading that is, not experience...OG J2 has more flex, J2 FSE has less flex

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
If your buddy has a 1st batch J2 and you bought a J2 FSE there will be a difference in flex I believe, from what I've been reading that is, not experience...OG J2 has more flex, J2 FSE has less flex

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

nope, your bang on. i just assumed he would have known they were different bats, but that would explain his buddy's comments

gbombs

Currently on the DL
Both are 1st batch. Anyways thanks guys, figured there was no difference and he's being a troll bout it. Haha