Is this shaved?

Jallennh

Very First Factory Hitter
As a former member of the USSSA equipment standards board, the bat layer mating looks factory correct, the end cap is correct other than the glue. My guess it that the cap flew off, worth would not fix it, and he glued it back. End of story. Find your state Director, get a tester, and see if it is still in spec. Shaved, with 50 hits, it will not be, end of story.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I was actually thinking that its kinda weird how all these guys know what a shaved bat looks like. :cool:

Want to know the follow-up on this?

- What are the board rules (assuming OP bought it off here) concerning the guy who sold this?
- Seller will obviously say "I didn't know". Now what?

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I find myself doing less and less deals and just buying bats new from either here or a reputable dealer - then there is no chance of having a worked bat.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
how do i get a degree in softball science?

the first step is to have a signature that contains all of your bats in a color coded fashion, along with the weight. smiley faces depicting feelings of "whoa", "eek", "wtf" and such add to the validity of your sofball scientry degree. also knowing the difference between a piss missile, rocket, laser, judy slapper, scud, rope, bomb and dookie shot is a must. from there you need to learn the more advanced stuff like proper bat flips, how long to pause before you bellow "ooooowwwp" after contact on a bomb and/or moon shot, how to field an infield fly ball by catching the ball behind your back, and realizing arguing balls and strikes with the umpire always gets you the benefit of the doubt. you also can not let ethics/morals get into the way of winning. blasting middle is a key to success. no matter what level. church league co-ed? friendly family reunion pick up game?......boom, sizzler at the shins. guaranteed base hit most of the time. hopefully if they're wearing a mask, the cross bar is not cut out.

these are just some of the things needed to become a lvl10+ sofball scientist. i like to call it "sofball" because there's nothing "soft" about it except for my beer belly and flabby butt. i hope this helps

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
I was actually thinking that its kinda weird how all these guys know what a shaved bat looks like. :cool:

Most have never actually been inside a bat. People like to scream SHAVED! any chance they get, whether they can tell or not. Honestly I have no idea because I can't see far enough down. And I've admittedly never seen the guts of one of these or most new composites. So I'll refrain from screaming NUH-UH NOT SHAVED! Because it could be.

Regardless, the endcap is not really that bad. If it was worked the urethane on ball bearings that large is just to hold them in place. Who cares about aesthetics when it's inside the bat? Unless one of those broke loose, the urethane did its job.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
This why I love how Easton puts their logo and "Easton" on the inside of their barrel. No question with Eastons. At least when you look inside

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
This why I love how Easton puts their logo and "Easton" on the inside of their barrel. No question with Eastons. At least when you look inside

Someone else does this. Louisville Slugger maybe? Won't be too long before flexible Easton stencils pop up on the bay.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
Someone else does this. Louisville Slugger maybe? Won't be too long before flexible Easton stencils pop up on the bay.

Unsure about LS. Oddly I've never broken one open considering I've brokrn several Eastons. But you're probably right about the stencils