ISA World Series - 2013 - Florida

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
I was referring to the "rec worlds" in Cherokee that YOU said something about. Maybe you forgot. You should post better.

Lol no, you need to read better. I said it was a rec tournament. I was implying that there wasn't a single "rec" team playing in it.

whogotz

dilligaf?
Its the same here.. Gold is non-existant, and some of the Silver teams here are being allowed to play in the Bronze down there...

NC Bombsquad /Crunchtime
SC BCA/BooKoo
SC Wantsumgetsum
SC Honey Badgers
NC Triangle Auto/Buchannan Stone
SC Showcase Mazzed
NC Crossfire 2
NC Bombsquad /Crunchtime
NC Carolina Bombers

Know any of these to be Silver/D teams?

whogotz

dilligaf?
some? a tournament here and there playing up doesnt make you a D/silver team in my opinion, i want to know if any are consistent solid D teams that are being allowed to play E worlds

whogotz

dilligaf?
BRONZE DIVISION

FL TSG
FL Fully Torqued
FL Team Dirty
FL 3D
FL Shockers
FL Guttem
FL Bolts
FL CY2J
FL Hott Stixx
FL Menace to Sobriety
FL Quacks/Mighty Ducks
FL Panera Bread
FL Larkin Sports
GA WMD
GA Woodstock Merchants
GA Arm & Hammer
MD A&C Concrete
MD Faze Electric
MD Grace Pointe Nazarene
MD Superior/Memories Charcoal House
MD Strokes Softball
MD Team Infinity
MN A+ Home Improvement/Biff/Mars
NC Bombsquad /Crunchtime
NC Triangle Auto/Buchannan Stone
NC Crossfire 2
NC All City Heating & Air
SC Honey Badgers
SC Showcase Mazzedout

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
some? a tournament here and there playing up doesnt make you a D/silver team in my opinion, i want to know if any are consistent solid D teams that are being allowed to play E worlds

The answer to your question is yes...one NC team will have a couple of players who have done well in "C".....Here's just a few of the wins that some will have over the past few years (on one team):

"C" WSL World, NSA "D" Eastern World, NSA Super World (unsure which class this was), NSA "D" NIT, ISA "E" Super NIT (a couple will have won the past 2 years), ASA "D" Eastern World, ISA "D" World (not sure if this guy is going, but should be), and I know I'm missing a couple of the other big tournaments...Even the other guys who have failed be a part of those teams at the time are still very solid.

I'm not saying which team or which players, but they are a very solid team and don't belong there obviously, but the vast majority don't belong in "E" anyway. Realistically if the divisions were separated correctly, none of the NC teams should be allowed in "E" and at least 2 of the SC teams should be playing up as well. That's what happens when a sanction fails to offer a "C" division due to "lack of interest" and let's teams drop a division instead of forcing teams to play up where they belong and including a "C" division in most of their tournaments.

whogotz

dilligaf?
just more examples of how crazy the playing out of class has gotten. last i checked rules are rules. no reason sanctions cant do a better job of policing their biggest events. especially when its so blatant

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
just more examples of how crazy the playing out of class has gotten. last i checked rules are rules. no reason sanctions cant do a better job of policing their biggest events. especially when its so blatant

It's all about the mighty dollar. When you can charge $325+ per team and give out a few $1 patches/$5 t-shirts/$10 watches/$15 plaque/and some $20 bat bags for the biggest tournament of the year, you can roll in the cash and the more teams you let sandbag, the more teams that will likely enter the tournament thinking they can run through it.

squeakslang3

offically unofficial
ready to start saving my dollars and spend them on fishing. much less aggravating

this .

after playing in SC last year and how it was ran and seeing some of the teams, im not gonna lie our team from MN cant compete with those teams. We couldve brought a C team down and still had a tough time. why the **** would i spend all that money to go down there and go 0-2 again???

speaking of fishing, i had more fun fishing on lake lake murry then i had playing ball last year.

that is all.

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
ready to start saving my dollars and spend them on fishing. much less aggravating

Fully agreed! I spent the better part of this year trout fishing and enjoyed it much more than playing ball. Softball itself doesn't mean much to me anymore, it's just an easy way to see a bunch of my friends in one place and hang out for a while. Don't get me wrong, I'm as competitive as it gets and I hate losing a game of checkers, but the greed of the associations, the shaved bats, and the mouthy 110lb kids have ruined the game.

whogotz

dilligaf?
we rented a house on lake murray last year. had a blast. one dude caught a nice sized striper unexpectedly.

D-Rock25

Sand baggin since 1995
this .

after playing in SC last year and how it was ran and seeing some of the teams, im not gonna lie our team from MN cant compete with those teams. We couldve brought a C team down and still had a tough time. why the **** would i spend all that money to go down there and go 0-2 again???

speaking of fishing, i had more fun fishing on lake lake murry then i had playing ball last year.

that is all.

Weird we lost by 1 run in both games if I'm not mistaken. And had we played close to our potential we should have beat both teams.

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
The biggest problem with trying to put teams where they belong is that not all associations will get on board and make the same team play the same class in every association. If all the sanctions would get together and make all the teams play the same class accross all sanctions then it would benefit the game. Then it is not about teams playing in an associaitont that will let them play as low as they want. It wouold come down to teams choosing where to play based on the rules, prizes, locations, and benefits of playing a particular association from weekend to weekend. I am a Freedom Director and I can tell you that even though we try to put teams where we feel they belong it is an ongoing process throughout the year and it is not easy at all. I never knew how much belly aching and crying about where a team feels like they should be and about where other teams are playing until I became a director. I guess playing and not coaching all those years before directing, I never knew what was going on behind the scenes. I am not trying to come accross synical, I enjoy this side of the game and we try to please as many people as we can without sacrificing our standards. I enjoy listeneing to the players and coaches about their concerns and try to explain things as best I can but it makes you want to pull your hair out sometimes. LOL...good luck to the teams going to the ISA world, maybe a team from NC can bring back a championship...

Northgasoftball

Star Player
Would just like to say congrats to ALL CITY they put us in the looser bracket in our 4th game they played the game with class and respect very good team. Also congratulations to CRUNCH TIME we played them late sat night and they killed the ball accept the guy that hit like a (GIRL) LOL not to mention they played the game like it is suppose to be played this is two very respectable teams CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dexb0t

Entertainer
All City and Crunchtime were both good teams! Had some battles with both of them. Fortunately we were able to come out on top both times though. Much respect for them!