ISA Worlds...

Stretch19

Grow up
CA Gear was the only team that i felt had no business being in the E bracket this weekend.

other then them every body looked like they were within reason, and we Crossfire 2 played them (CA Gear) close.

we played CA Gear Friday night and at no point during the game did I feel like they were playing out of class...they had a bunch of big guys and nice uniforms so they looked like a C or D team, but other than that I had no problem with them being in the E bracket...the vast majority of that bracket was teams that probably should have been in D, IF there was a C bracket for the D teams to play in...

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
Our roster was never a secret or hidden from anyone... He has been on our ISA roster since before regionals in GA and was cleared to play by the state director and by one of the guys very high up in ISA. The highest class he has played in ISA is D class, We made sure there was no problem before he ever stepped on the field to play with us..

You did try to hide mr Richard** Driscoll! Haha but it's all good. Congrats to y'all on a great tourney and its always an accomplishment to win a world no matter what lineup you take in any classification!

JKB32

Addicted to Softballfans
You did try to hide mr Richard** Driscoll! Haha but it's all good. Congrats to y'all on a great tourney and its always an accomplishment to win a world no matter what lineup you take in any classification!

Never tried to hide anyone lol... pull our roster for the past 2 years and you will see his name on there.. those were 2 good games we played and either team could have won them.

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
His name is Tyler Driskoll. He's on your roster as Richard which would constitute as hiding him. He won ISA C world last year with OI and got an auto bunp to elite in ISA... LOL. And I agree either one of us could have one those two games. One player didn't beat us so its no biggie but trying to say you didn't try to hide anyone is a little bit of joke. Again congratulations and best of luck next year!

Stretch19

Grow up
His name is Tyler Driskoll. He's on your roster as Richard which would constitute as hiding him. He won ISA C world last year with OI and got an auto bunp to elite in ISA... LOL. And I agree either one of us could have one those two games. One player didn't beat us so its no biggie but trying to say you didn't try to hide anyone is a little bit of joke. Again congratulations and best of luck next year!

haha, just got owned here...

Del Rays had a guy (who is on here) that not only won the D ISA World last year with Benny and the Jets, but was the D ISA World MVP...playing E this year

while I certainly agree that 1 person wont beat another team, itsa shame that ISA doesnt do a better job of enforcing the roster...hell they could have at least had players check in, look at ID's, hand out wrist bands, etc

whogotz

dilligaf?

Del Rays had a guy (who is on here) that not only won the D ISA World last year with Benny and the Jets, but was the D ISA World MVP...playing E this year

while I certainly agree that 1 person wont beat another team, itsa shame that ISA doesnt do a better job of enforcing the roster...hell they could have at least had players check in, look at ID's, hand out wrist bands, etc

Word up. Usually when we are told to bring IDs it's because a director is checking that name on roster matches name on ID. When we got there we were told to just have it on us "IN CASE A PLAYER GETS PROTESTED".

How the hell am I supposed to know if a guy is who he says he is when I am playing teams from other states?!?!?!

Talent alone would not make me want to protest a player, because I've seen some awesome E players and I've seen some C players that make me wonder how they are on the field.

My bottom line is...they had 3127312876 directors and umps that could have taken the time to verify names and IDs when we showed up to sign the roster at first game.

But even still, I had a blast and am looking forward to next year already.

Stretch19

Grow up
agreed, i was a bit surprised players didnt have to check in and get wrist bands personally...hell we do that in other associations for State tourneys around here...not to mention i was surprised they didnt test a single bat prior to playing

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
We had a bat get pulled after a teammate hit the pitcher. They took it upstairs to test it and brought it back not long after that. It passed.

JKB32

Addicted to Softballfans

too funny.. that is is name as it reads on his Drivers Lic ... not a made up name! It funny you want to call someone out or our team out... We could go on and on about Fantasy Land but im not going to say anything.... No need to even go there with you on this... everything was settled on the field after you guys tried to protest before we ever played the 2 games.

Cool J 44

Addicted to Softballfans
Very True!! Im sure there was alot of teams there last weekend that had upper class players on there team! You should have seen the D class this year it was very strong! Im guessing thats because the C didnt make so they just picked up and played with D teams!

Stretch19

Grow up
No worries Stretch we didnt do any good! lol but thanks for pointing that out!

Very True!! Im sure there was alot of teams there last weekend that had upper class players on there team! You should have seen the D class this year it was very strong! Im guessing thats because the C didnt make so they just picked up and played with D teams!

i couldnt agree with you more...i was mentioning that more as a point that ISA needed to do a better job with their rosters/rules/etc than i was complaining about you having played. when we played yall in Rock Hill i felt you had a good team, but in no means did i think to myself that yall needed to be playing up or anything along those lines.

dont feel bad though, we **** the bed also :D

Cknox89

Addicted to Softballfans

C'mon now stretch ...i know who your talking about haha... Joe is a good base hitter...He isnt gonna hurt anyone in E lol he was mvp as catcher or eh with them.. I think the only people that shouldnt be allowed to drop is the guys that hit the gas

Stretch19

Grow up
C'mon now stretch ...i know who your talking about haha... Joe is a good base hitter...He isnt gonna hurt anyone in E lol he was mvp as catcher or eh with them.. I think the only people that shouldnt be allowed to drop is the guys that hit the gas

yeah, no doubt...like i said previously, it was more of a shot at the rules and the enforcement of the rules than anything Joe or Del Rays did...the guy who won the D World MVP can play E, but yall were forced to play D all year...not to mention that you were the only team who got bumped to D, the rest of the teams who played E last year, got to play E again this year...

it should be a rule that anyone who hits gas has to play C or higher :D

Cknox89

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol well we did what we had to do at the worlds to compete a little ...they said we could pick up 3 c players so we did...and actually had a decent shot at getting to the setback game had we not let one slip away before we got to eagle paint (which would have been a tough one) to get to the setback lol overall tho i enjoyed it this year... but i feel like we didnt get to play hardly any and when we did it was the same teams...Id hate playing c haha

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol well we did what we had to do at the worlds to compete a little ...they said we could pick up 3 c players so we did...and actually had a decent shot at getting to the setback game had we not let one slip away before we got to eagle paint (which would have been a tough one) to get to the setback lol overall tho i enjoyed it this year... but i feel like we didnt get to play hardly any and when we did it was the same teams...Id hate playing c haha

I am just an outsider in this, and to be honest I dont know if I am reading this right, but did they really tell you 3 C players to play E. If thats the case no wonder MN cant compete.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
# C in D isnt that big of a deal then. A B player in E is though. I dont care if someone says he was just getting a shot. If he played in their respective tourney at that level, then he shouldnt be allowed down period end of subject

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion
Bottom line is the rosters this year at ISA Worlds were a joke. Conference players, D teams that won numerous state titles, D worlds MVP's, C players who were bumped to Elite.... All on E rosters. Our state director wouldnt allow the D teams from GA to drop to E to play worlds, and would not allow any E teams to pick up D players to go to worlds either (except DonkeyTime for some reason).

I was part of a conversation this weekend with a couple other guys and the Mississippi NSA director who said there is no such thing as ISA in Mississippi and that there is no state director for ISA down there either. How Fantasyland , a multiple D class state champion from Alabama (Alabama Alley Cats), was allowed 3 upper class (C class) pick ups, sanctioned in Mississippi (where ISA does not exist) to play E is BEYOND ME. Dont say they werent allowed 3 C pick ups to play E either, because that information came straight from one of their players.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
NC team's rosters were frozen. SC teams were picking up people. A call was being mad and someone it was said along the lines of "I didn't know they were froze". Ended up getting fixed, but stupid stuff like that is just ridiculous. Think I am pretty much done with big tournaments. Just stick to league and throw a handful of friends together to goof off in some small semi local tournaments where we get slaughtered, but have fun.

Stretch19

Grow up
the whole roster thing in ISA is kinda odd...all you need is a players name, nothing else...no date of birth, no address, none of that...when we added for worlds i was asked, "whats their name?" and they were put on the roster...sweet, thanks