It's a sad day...

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
The last of the ASA VX2's are here, and then they're done. DeMarini is done with the ASA's so if you've got one, treat it well because you probably won't get another. :(

2adf970b.jpg

SESC1001

FSU Nation
No idea, and I never liked the J2 myself, anyways. :D

DeMarini Canada is really good about keeping a bunch in stock soley for returns, so that shouldn't be an issue. Plus, I'm not sure I've seen a broken ASA VX2 yet. :confused:

Steve, you need to be a FH for Demarini in Canada.

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
Steve, you need to be a FH for Demarini in Canada.

I looked in to it but my interest and loyalty isn't to any one brand, I'm bat to bat. Obviously I love the RD and lots of other DeMarini stuff but I also really like the new Combat line. My current gamers are the Utrip Spike Baker and Utrip Avarice, now that ASA is gone from the city. I want to swing the bats I like and be able to speak freely about what I don't. ;)

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
I looked in to it but my interest and loyalty isn't to any one brand, I'm bat to bat. Obviously I love the RD and lots of other DeMarini stuff but I also really like the new Combat line. My current gamers are the Utrip Spike Baker and Utrip Avarice, now that ASA is gone from the city. I want to swing the bats I like and be able to speak freely about what I don't. ;)

OG Spike baker is the goodz...

Demarini always makes awesome bats though

JAMESBRO760

Addicted to Softballfans
The last of the ASA VX2's are here, and then they're done. DeMarini is done with the ASA's so if you've got one, treat it well because you probably won't get another. :(

2adf970b.jpg

So there can't have been that many of these made? Can we get a number produced?

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
OG Spike baker is the goodz...

Demarini always makes awesome bats though

I'm swinging the new stamp SB and love it. Second hottest bat next to my Utrip Avarice. :eek:

So there can't have been that many of these made? Can we get a number produced?

I had heard 600, or maybe that was the plan but I honestly don't know for sure. I'll ask on Monday and see if anyone knows for sure. I know it was a pretty small run though.

JAMESBRO760

Addicted to Softballfans
So with this limited number being produced and the reviews all being great, this bat should be shooting up in price in a year or two.

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
There are probably more Utrip than ASA as the Utrips are coming with the new stamp. ASA is dying up here so they aren't producing them anymore. I'm down to just a few 27's left and that's it.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i hate all this hype and spectulation, but i have to admit, the asa vx2 is about the only bat i HAVEN'T seen easily available in every store i walk into. but that was also the case with the cdn otc. a lot of ppl ended up getting those as returns, but i heard the number on those was 1500, so if there's really 3x fewer vx2's, and with how much ppl are loving them, they might actually be the next unicorn bat.

it's tempting to pick one up, but i think i'll get more use from a j3

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
VX2 will be the new RD28 in 1.75 years.

will asa bats still be used in competitive leagues by then?

that's what could hurt, there's enough speculation going around, here in canada anyway, it seems as though asa bats could be a thing of the past, reserved for casual rec leagues

rcsd23

Extra Hitter
Does it say underneath? I sold my used one and don't want to take the grip off a NIW. We don't play ASA anymore so I don't have a use for one. :(

I thought that's what I seen but don't remember if it was the utrip or asa model.