J3a or z2000

ktown808

The Unknowns
Preference...there are those that swear by the J3A and those that swear by the Z. I like Z's more that Demarini but that's my preference.

the rev

Addicted to Softballfans
Comparing them hitting 52's the j3a was better for me but the z2 is the next best thing along with the l4 but the fact that they don't pass compression for crap it's not bad to have the z or l4 as a backup.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Kinda comparing apples to oranges here. J3a was proably the best and most popular bat for asa last year and any asa z I've hit sucked imho

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I think the J3 is a great bat for sure, but over hyped. That being said, I have never been impressed by any ASA Z.

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
I own both and can hit both but they have completely different feels. The J3, u can feel flex when u swing it. The Z is much stiffer. The ASA only Z takes more to break in than the J3. If I were u, I'd grab an aftermath

Guns#105

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a J3A, aftermath, and OG Z2000 balanced and end loaded. J3A is very flexy and the aftermath is stiffer but has great exit speed and nice distance. But I’ve gotten the most distance with OG Z2000 dual stamp. Don’t waste your money on the GOLD or Blue RI Z2000. If you going to get a Z2000 make sure it’s the OG Z2000 dual stamp IMO. Also I recommend with any of those bats to use only 52/300. Both aftermath and Z2000 tend to break using 44s. Just my 2 cents.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
both are good stix.............but I really have not found a bat that is better than the J3a.
I prefer the DBA as tops among the new stamp bats, but that is just preference. Most all the new stamps perform great. the're made to perform quickly. Its really up to your preference.

ddd

Addicted to Softballfans
I prefer the Z, as you can see in my Sig. I've had the J3 and it is not for me. Too flexy and my miss hits felt the same as my solid hits.. that's my 2 cents

Brandon760

The Rookie
I have a z1k bal z2k bal and a j3a...j3 has more flex, z are stiff but I noticed they hit extremely well at night when its colder.I would say if u can swing someone who has either or a compare them for urself and see what fits ur swing. Gl

Cristorey34

Addicted to Softballfans
They perform pretty close to each other. If you like a bat that flexes go with the J3A but if you like a stiff bat then go with the Z.

Hendo9

Softball Junkie
J3A out hits a Z for distance any day of the week... Exit speed pop and distance all go to the Juggy 3...
Now for the feel of the bats thats your preference..whippy or stiffy lol :bigok:

Last edited:

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
J3A out hits a Z for distance any day of the week... Exit speed pop and distance all go to the Juggy 3...
Now for the feel of the bats thats your preference..whippy or stiffy lol :bigok:

I see guys misreading balls off each bat. J3 - guys underestimate the distance and get beat, BAD. Z - guys gets confused by the sound and take a step back and the ball falls 20ft in front of them. The ONLY thing the Z has going for it is the sound. The J3 (and Fu) absolutely rakes.

IMHO

rtrantham

The Veteran
I have both Z2000 and a J3a with about the same number of hits on them. The Z is about 10ft behind J3a and both bats are not broken in yet. Each bat has about 100 hits on them.I also have a mercy that has about 500 hits on it and the J3a is even with it. Demarini Rocks!! I do love the sound and performance of the Z2000 though but the fact is it is just not as hot as the Mercy or J3a. Just my opinion. I will post again on update when both bats break in.

knockers

Addicted to Softballfans
Z's are only good for utrip, if your getting an ASA stick go Demarini, DBA & L4 are right behind