J3A vs J3

Softball.com:

SSKOutfielder

Addicted to Softballfans
I know the difference between those two, but when I look on Ebay it looks like one has a white grip that fades and another is totally black.

doubles

Addicted to Softballfans
I know the difference between those two, but when I look on Ebay it looks like one has a white grip that fades and another is totally black.

just different pictures.

if its a J3 and has a white/gold barrel, its a J3A. you're reading too much into it

SSKOutfielder

Addicted to Softballfans
I think you're right, haha. Roughly how much would you spend on one of these? The selling price seems to be fluctuating a bit.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Fade grip= 1st batch,super hot and fragile.
Black grip= later batch and takes longer to break in.

doubles

Addicted to Softballfans
Fade grip= 1st batch,super hot and fragile.
Black grip= later batch and takes longer to break in.

but keep in mind if you're just looking at "file photos or stock pictures" the bat you get might not match the pictures.

SSKOutfielder

Addicted to Softballfans
I have an ASA Miken NXT Freak already and it's 27oz so I decided to try a 26oz bat this time. I picked up a brand new J3A with a receipt for 230. I also bought a Lizard Grip for it too. Anyone else like these?

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Come on ! No one has a sense of humor around here. :D I was just talking out my arse and trying to stir the bees nest.

I thought you were talking out your butt but not sure lol:eek: I have 4 27 j3a's now and have cracked 3 27' All were hot and lasted well over 1000 swings... 1 first batch and 2 were second batch. They all got the vertical crack but the first batch got it the fastest but still lasted the same as the others. I had a 28oz j3a last november when it first came out and it was a dud compared to the 27's i have now

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I hear the one with slightly lighter gold tint is hotter than the slightly darker. Fact.

Oh no ! Here we go again. But, I have heard that myself. ;)

I thought you were talking out your butt but not sure lol:eek: I have 4 27 j3a's now and have cracked 3 27' All were hot and lasted well over 1000 swings... 1 first batch and 2 were second batch. They all got the vertical crack but the first batch got it the fastest but still lasted the same as the others. I had a 28oz j3a last november when it first came out and it was a dud compared to the 27's i have now

Just picked up a 28 oz. J3A. It was time to drink the kool-aid. :D So, im gonna need to put in some work b4 i see these mythical J3A results ? Word on the street is the 28's and 30's have better durability. Whats ur opinion ?

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh no ! Here we go again. But, I have heard that myself. ;)

Just picked up a 28 oz. J3A. It was time to drink the kool-aid. :D So, im gonna need to put in some work b4 i see these mythical J3A results ? Word on the street is the 28's and 30's have better durability. Whats ur opinion ?

I've only had 1 28oz j3a and i put about 200 hits on it in the cold hitting rocks and it held up fine with no issues before i traded it. Was a little heavy for me as the endload was juice like and was a little logish imo. The 27's all have been hotter from the get go than the 28 i had and get even hotter till death. Maybe the 28 was just to heavy for me with the endload and all but i just think the 27 was hotter and had a better balance point with the slight endload. The 28 did not get the vertical crack like the 27's i have and had but only had the 28 for a few hundo cuts

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I've only had 1 28oz j3a and i put about 200 hits on it in the cold hitting rocks and it held up fine with no issues before i traded it. Was a little heavy for me as the endload was juice like and was a little logish imo. The 27's all have been hotter from the get go than the 28 i had and get even hotter till death. Maybe the 28 was just to heavy for me with the endload and all but i just think the 27 was hotter and had a better balance point with the slight endload. The 28 did not get the vertical crack like the 27's i have and had but only had the 28 for a few hundo cuts

Well, i like me some big EL. Dry swung a 27 and was like nice, then i picked up a 28 and was like EUREKA !!!!!! Cant wait for my J3A to land from the sbf store and get some hacks in.