j3a vs j3u??????

mr.chata

Addicted to Softballfans
Was having a discussion with a buddy
I was telling him the j3a was a hotter bat.
Lmk what u guys r thinking on this.

DoctaJ

The Veteran
Yeah, I'm interested in this too. I have seen a few board bros post that people are just not giving the J3U a fair chance, and that if they would actually put the time in on them they turn into fire sticks. I'm trying to decide which bat I will buy next for Utrip... CL22 or J3U, really need some more info on the J3U, durability is a concern for the CL22 but intriguing with the J3U.

Darracq

Yeah, I'm interested in this too. I have seen a few board bros post that people are just not giving the J3U a fair chance, and that if they would actually put the time in on them they turn into fire sticks. I'm trying to decide which bat I will buy next for Utrip... CL22 or J3U, really need some more info on the J3U, durability is a concern for the CL22 but intriguing with the J3U.

I have had both bats. j3u is very durable we put at least 2000 swings on one, swung it all last winter, when you hit the perfect spot it was one of the best feeling bats around, but for some reason we couldnt find that spot a lot, maybe it just likes a real good ball. we just hit well used classic m`s,
I think the fixed the problems with the cl22, i just didnt like the feel of it, couldnt feel the ball jump off it, like i like. Its a good bat though.

I hit some balls a lot farther with the j3u, but it seemed inconsistant, the bad outweighed the good for me.

Has anyone even broken a J3U yet? I have yet to see one.

I broke a j3u but I believe it was a fluke because it never got hot at all and broke around like 7-800 swings.... I've swung others and they all felt way better than that particular one.. They're very under rated compared to how everyone talks about them.. But there's plenty of other new stamp bats I'd rather swing

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
I put 1500 swings with hard balls on a 26 and 27 J3U and it does hit ZN's well but never opened up. J3A is just crazy good with any ball.

steelcurtain673

Hittin' Holes
Okay then I will start by casting my vote....j3U is slightly hotter than the J3A. The J3A is more balanced than the J3U so most people will produce a faster bat speed with a balanced bat. But if you had both bats placed on a swinging machine set on identical speed, I would bet my left testicle the utrip rated bat will outdistance the asa J3.....The majority of the people hit better with a more balanced feel. Plus I don't think the J3U is as popular as the J3A so i don't think this will be a fair assessment and should only be for those who have actually spent a great deal of time with both bats...

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
maybe...

with hot dots they seem pretty equal to me. my trouble is that i like the feel of the j3a so much more than the j3u i know i'd get better results with it all else being equal. with hot dots it's like a 5-10ft difference for me(~3%). i do get amazing results with harder balls with the j3a though, maybe even enough to make me think the j3a not only fits my swing better, it may also be hotter.

but i'd like to swing both with a couple thousand hits on them before i decide. i have a feeling the j3u just takes a lot more hits to break in

bowser

Manager
Okay then I will start by casting my vote....j3U is slightly hotter than the J3A. The J3A is more balanced than the J3U so most people will produce a faster bat speed with a balanced bat. But if you had both bats placed on a swinging machine set on identical speed, I would bet my left testicle the utrip rated bat will outdistance the asa J3.....The majority of the people hit better with a more balanced feel. Plus I don't think the J3U is as popular as the J3A so i don't think this will be a fair assessment and should only be for those who have actually spent a great deal of time with both bats...

Most people would agree you would lose your left testicle. The new Asa only bats will outdistance Utrip sticks. Especially the j3a. I've hit a 2000+ hit j3u several times in the same bp as a j3a and the j3a outdistances it by at least 20 feet. Everyone I hit with has the same opinion. The j3a out hits my gamer cl22, my Utrip z, and my buddies 1500 hit l1.

dothedew23

Addicted to Softballfans

The majority of people hit hit better with a more balanced feel? Is that a fact or a personal opinion because I prefer end loaded over balanced and know plenty of people who prefer the same. Anyways the j3a is hotter by far hands down

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

hmmmmm

Have you swung both bats?
And if the answer is yes, I have a very long angry pm coming your way

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
I gonna compare distance off tee tomorrow.
27 J2FSE 1000 hits most balanced
vs
27 J3A 500 hits 1/4" more endloaded balance point than fse
vs
27 J3U 1000 hits 1/4" more endloaded balance point than j3A

I will do 10 of each ball.
52/300
44/375
44/525
47/450

J3A Has same balance point as 27oz L2 which is 2oz endload.

steelcurtain673

Hittin' Holes
LOL...it's like talking to Raiders fans, good or bad they all seem to think they are cheering for the best team...well I still don't think there's enough true J3U owners/gamers here to assess a fair comparison, I'd bet the J3A out-sells the J3U by 50 to 1 which means we should expect a huge disparity in the responses...

*people love to post good reviews about bats they own, just sayin....

LOL...it's like talking to Raiders fans, good or bad they all seem to think they are cheering for the best team...well I still don't think there's enough true J3U owners/gamers here to assess a fair comparison, I'd bet the J3A out-sells the J3U by 50 to 1 which means we should expect a huge disparity in the responses...

Have you ever swung both of these bats extensively? Can't speak for all of these other guys but I have and j3a is head and shoulders ahead of j3u

EVILHOMER360

Baaaat Fleeeeep!
Most people would agree you would lose your left testicle. The new Asa only bats will outdistance Utrip sticks. Especially the j3a. I've hit a 2000+ hit j3u several times in the same bp as a j3a and the j3a outdistances it by at least 20 feet. Everyone I hit with has the same opinion. The j3a out hits my gamer cl22, my Utrip z, and my buddies 1500 hit l1.

maybe you just swing the J3A better. But I don't think it out distances them. I think they are pretty on par with each other. but utrip Z's with a classic M ball. Ball go faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

greg1292

Coed bomb dropper........
I gonna compare distance off tee tomorrow.
27 J2FSE 1000 hits most balanced
vs
27 J3A 500 hits 1/4" more endloaded balance point than fse
vs
27 J3U 1000 hits 1/4" more endloaded balance point than j3A

I will do 10 of each ball.
52/300
44/375
44/525
47/450

J3A Has same balance point as 27oz L2 which is 2oz endload.

Waggs look forward to the review on the fence picking up a J3U I bet
they are within 10ft. I was hitting a J3A 27oz with 20 swings 340 off the
tee weds night. If there close I'm picking J3U up.

TRaj2327

J2 FSE? They need to be put up against a J2U and OG Juggy.

Everyone says the J3A is hotter than new or old UTRIP, so put both the new ones to the test against the two best Juggy bats ever made.

EDIT: The catch is that the bats all need to be broken in. Getting those 4 together isn't an easy task.

Last edited:
I'll put my j3a and aftermath against ole faithful well broken in j2u.. Which is hard for me to type... I definitely cannot say the same for j3u or any of the other new stamp utrips.. Cl22 and 2.1 are close and a lot of fun to swing but don't match the j2u IMO... I played a tournament a few weeks ago with a 700-800 swing senior.1 with paint flying off of it everywhere every swing.. Fire stick.. Also had an aftermath and a j3a now less than 100 swings each.. They were both out distancing the senior one, for most of our team

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans

i'll put it this way. while i'm not yet prepared to conclusively say the j3a is 'hotter' than the j3u, i do feel confident in saying the j3u is not hotter than the j3a.

in every case i've gone out, i've preferred and hit better with the j3a. i'm still skeptical because the j3u seems to need a lot more break in, and i don't think a 500hit j3u is actually comparable to a 100 hit j3a

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
44/375 -J3A was 20ft better than Cf5 and Cf4ST which was 10ft better than J3U which was 10ft better than FSE.
52/300-J3A was 20ft better than Cf4ST and J3U which was 10ft better than Cf5 and FSE.
47/450-J3A was 10ft better than Cf5 which was 10ft better than J3U,CF4ST which was 20ft better than FSE.
44/525- J3A,J3U, Cf5,Cf4ST were all same and FSE was 20ft behind.
Off the tee using average hr distance with each bat. I hit about 30 of 40 out with each bat.
hr distance was about 60-80ft better with 44/525 and 47/450 than 44/375. 52/300 bp lites were 10-20ft better than 44/375 balls. Temp was about 60 when I started and 70 when I finished.
Hit live pitching later. Just with good balls. Utrip Salvo, Sy100w FU Dawg and J3A all about same distance. J3U, L6 and CF5 were about 30 ft shorter. Farthest hits were about 20ft farther in live pitching than off the tee.
J3U hits balls well out, feels great and hits great until I pickup a few of the other bats and ball just carries an extra 30ft. Has small sweetspot which caused other 2 guys to hit about 60ft better with other bats over J3U. They both don't swing juggernauts often so sweetspot location and flex bug them.