j3a vs j3u??????

TRaj2327

I'll put my j3a and aftermath against ole faithful well broken in j2u.. Which is hard for me to type... I definitely cannot say the same for j3u or any of the other new stamp utrips.. Cl22 and 2.1 are close and a lot of fun to swing but don't match the j2u IMO... I played a tournament a few weeks ago with a 700-800 swing senior.1 with paint flying off of it everywhere every swing.. Fire stick.. Also had an aftermath and a j3a now less than 100 swings each.. They were both out distancing the senior one, for most of our team

That is mighty bold. My J2U with 2500 swings is untouchable. It's rattling like a maraca and I have yet to swing any ASA bat that gets anywhere close. My J3 only has about 50 swings on it though.

Last edited:

bowser

Manager
maybe you just swing the J3A better. But I don't think it out distances them. I think they are pretty on par with each other. but utrip Z's with a classic M ball. Ball go faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

I love the Utrip z's, before I got the cl22 I gamed the z. I bp on a baseball field that's 320 down the line 340 in the alleys. I can consistently hit the ball out with the j3a and with the others I consistently hit warning track with a few squeaking over. I will say this the Utrip z1000 is still the bat I've hit my farthest ball with, so I would say the z's fit my swing fine.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
That is mighty bold. My J2U with 2500 swings is untouchable. It's rattling like a maraca and I have yet to swing any ASA bat that gets anywhere close. My J3 only has about 50 swings on it though.

Gotta agree here !!!! A PROPERLY broken in J2U just gets crazy hot ! My geezer and the J2U are comparable. If my gets J3A get that hot, i will be f****** impressed.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
44/375 -J3A was 20ft better than Cf5 and Cf4ST which was 10ft better than J3U which was 10ft better than FSE.
52/300-J3A was 20ft better than Cf4ST and J3U which was 10ft better than Cf5 and FSE.
47/450-J3A was 10ft better than Cf5 which was 10ft better than J3U,CF4ST which was 20ft better than FSE.
44/525- J3A,J3U, Cf5,Cf4ST were all same and FSE was 20ft behind.
Off the tee using average hr distance with each bat. I hit about 30 of 40 out with each bat.
hr distance was about 60-80ft better with 44/525 and 47/450 than 44/375. 52/300 bp lites were 10-20ft better than 44/375 balls. Temp was about 60 when I started and 70 when I finished.
Hit live pitching later. Just with good balls. Utrip Salvo, Sy100w FU Dawg and J3A all about same distance. J3U, L6 and CF5 were about 30 ft shorter. Farthest hits were about 20ft farther in live pitching than off the tee.
J3U hits balls well out, feels great and hits great until I pickup a few of the other bats and ball just carries an extra 30ft. Has small sweetspot which caused other 2 guys to hit about 60ft better with other bats over J3U. They both don't swing juggernauts often so sweetspot location and flex bug them.

I stopped reading after the bold, that's already too much variance from my own personal experience. definitely some personal bias differences between you and I. thanks anyway, should help others

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Gotta agree here !!!! A PROPERLY broken in J2U just gets crazy hot ! My geezer and the J2U are comparable. If my gets J3A get that hot, i will be f****** impressed.

I put my geezer away for the j3a this year. the geezer's probably still a bit hotter, but honestly they are so close that the 'funky' knob on the geezer is enough to make the difference. I hit farther with the j3a than the geezer now.

Traj and mpt I respect your opinions and I had and still have a strong passion for my j2u's I've had plenty from start to busted.. J3a and aftermath are just as hot or hotter in my hands... But I'm a firm believer in the j2u
J2s003.jpg

9bca30de.jpg

a6294063.jpg

brokeJ2U004.jpg

Last edited:

LS AzZkIkr

Manager
Has anyone broken a j3u into two pieces yet? Actually either j3? I've seen the j3a outer shells peel away but not broken.

TRaj2327

Traj and mpt I respect your opinions and I had and still have a strong passion for my j2u's I've had plenty from start to busted.. J3a and aftermath are just as hot or hotter in my hands... But I'm a firm believer in the j2u
J2s003.jpg

9bca30de.jpg

a6294063.jpg

brokeJ2U004.jpg

Still have a J2a you'd be willing to move out of the stable?

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Rjohnson with you liking J2u and 26 oz you need to try a Cf4 ST. I only swung J2A until I discovered ST.

I never used to play Asa enough to care... Just really liked the j2a and j2u... I did have a cf4st for awhile and I did like it a lot.. But never used it over my others... But now with the aftermath and j3a I find myself finding Asa to play...

S20

DeMarini Rep
I have swung them all. And if you be patient and put the time in to break-in the J3U, you will realize that it's the most under-rated bat on the market. I have about 2500-3000 cuts on mine and it's just plain silly. And it doesn't even have a wave on the barrel yet. And I will put it right next to the J3A as far as exit speed and distance. Put the work in and you will be pleasantly suprised.

TRaj2327

Put another 75 swings on the J3A. Not overly impressed. Actually more unimpressed for the fact that right near the end of the round, barrel one up and.....BOOM!!! Paint crack. Pretty disappointed since I thought this was fixed. And yes, I got one of the last 26 oz. returns from them just a couple weeks ago. The bat barely had 100 swings on it.

Yes, I know I can keep swinging it.

I have swung them all. And if you be patient and put the time in to break-in the J3U, you will realize that it's the most under-rated bat on the market. I have about 2500-3000 cuts on mine and it's just plain silly. And it doesn't even have a wave on the barrel yet. And I will put it right next to the J3A as far as exit speed and distance. Put the work in and you will be pleasantly suprised.

It better not have a wave. It's a composite bat.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans

I do like the bat as I like all Juggy's. This is my 3rd J3U. I keep giving it a chance to win me over. I need to try a 30oz as my favorite Juggy's are always 30's. I am up to 3 J3A's but no 30's yet. Hard to find anything on here but 26's.