Buyer Beware Jen_16

Status
Not open for further replies.

stix21

Farmer (I plant seeds)
Its the risk you take when buying used bats. At this point the whole altered thing is your word against hers. Broken bats after 3 swings or a million its all the same.

Joker

its also bush league to leave ngtg itrader feedback and not post a thread with all the details

Country35

Banned User
so i can't return a bat i received as a christmas present from someone?

A. The seller of the bat can change that at purchase, and its not hard to get around anyway. That's a non issue for anyone not in coma.
B. I'm basing it off the fine legal print, not what occurs.

But when you sell a bat on here and send a receipt with it, if the buyer used that receipt its tech fraud. I do it myself. I'm not pointing fingers.

gsus03

Banned User
Lol knew something was "FISHY" about this member from the first few posts and threads made in the glove section...has had some Borderline bad deals on a few gloves with probably not Even a slap on the wrist...doesn't get banned and now this...only a matter of time she was going to strike again. Then again maybe I'm a little biased, I personally wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire

Got my first "infraction" going to bat for a guy that was had by this same member over a glove few months ago...seems a bit a** backwards but hey, there's always Facebook

Country35

Banned User
Lol knew something was "FISHY" about this member from the first few posts and threads made in the love section...has had some Borderline bad deals on a few gloves with probably not Even a slap on the wrist...doesn't get banned and now this...only a matter of time she was going to strike again. Then again maybe I'm a little biased, I personally wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire

ban from a site? lol. If you can see "fishy" **** and choose to deal with her anyway that's on you. If she strikes again, it will be on some idiot who didn't do their due diligence. Don't be so ****ing lazy.

WhitePhins

MYSTERY MAN
Lol knew something was "FISHY" about this member from the first few posts and threads made in the glove section...has had some Borderline bad deals on a few gloves with probably not Even a slap on the wrist...doesn't get banned and now this...only a matter of time she was going to strike again. Then again maybe I'm a little biased, I personally wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire

For my first "infraction" going to bat for a guy that was had by this same member over a glove few months ago...seems a bit a** backwards but hey, there's always Facebook

I was waiting for you to chime in...lol

KannonsDad

**** you

Got my first "infraction" going to bat for a guy that was had by this same member over a glove few months ago...seems a bit a** backwards but hey, there's always Facebook

I've always been a fan if her price check/silent auctions. I'd never deal with her.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Very few people have gotten banned for deals here as it's not against the rules. Like Country said, people have to do their due diligence in dealing with anyone.

gsus03

Banned User
ban from a site? lol. If you can see "fishy" **** and choose to deal with her anyway that's on you. If she strikes again, it will be on some idiot who didn't do their due diligence. Don't be so ****ing lazy.

if there are no consequences for bad deals, why would anybody stop? I didn't mean "banned", more of some kind of infraction...people get infractions from "trolling", yet people making bad deals get nothing? Like cops spending all their time ticketing people for dark tint, instead of going after the murderers and rapists. I agree people need to do their research on members, but there should still be consequences for shady deals. If anybody needs information on whether to deal with her, PM me, I will give you all the information you need.

I was waiting for you to chime in...lol

LoL Hey man, I am the bad guy for calling her out on her BS months ago, I get the infraction for warning people, but it's all good. And the site wonders why more and more people are just starting other sites or using social media instead.

There is one reason and one reason only why dudes put up with her non sense and some still do. if you saw her video on u tube, that would all change though

I've always been a fan if her price check/silent auctions. I'd never deal with her.

hey man, don't talk like that, you might get an infraction

Country35

Banned User
if there are no consequences for bad deals, why would anybody stop? I didn't mean "banned", more of some kind of infraction...people get infractions from "trolling", yet people making bad deals get nothing? Like cops spending all their time ticketing people for dark tint, instead of going after the murderers and rapists. I agree people need to do their research on members, but there should still be consequences for shady deals. If anybody needs information on whether to deal with her, PM me, I will give you all the information you need.

There are consequences. Negative feedback being one. Potential criminal charges being another. Banning them = they make a dupe account and continue to rip people off with no feedback as a heads up or warning. If you have information like that, it should be posted so everyone can search for it. Keeping it to yourself prolongs the behavior and limits the other members from making an educated choice. Look, lets be real clear here. No one makes you make deals online. If you don't have enough information on the person you are dealing with to press charges if they rip you off, then what happens to you is just as much your own fault.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
GSUS: That would make us responsible for your deals. Putting SBF at risk. I don't see it changing.

Sorry you're mad about that infraction, I can see it still bothers you. We really try to do our best here.

gsus03

Banned User
Anybody thinking a receipt for a SCN3 would work deserves an infraction for no common sense

as mentioned, when buying a used bat, you take a lot of risks. I recently bought a bat with a bad rattle and a cracked knob (not from this site). I knew going into it that this bat could last 5 more swings or 500 more swings. It was a risk I was willing to take though. Maybe somebody should sell their collection of 1,000+ signed baseballs so they can afford a newer bat with less swings on it

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci

I know what posts you are talking about but what these somewhat shady deals?

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
GSUS: That would make us responsible for your deals. Putting SBF at risk. I don't see it changing.

Sorry you're mad about that infraction, I can see it still bothers you. We really try to do our best here.

Infraction sent for caring too much. :ban:

Country35

Banned User
Anybody thinking a receipt for a SCN3 would work deserves an infraction for no common sense

as mentioned, when buying a used bat, you take a lot of risks. I recently bought a bat with a bad rattle and a cracked knob (not from this site). I knew going into it that this bat could last 5 more swings or 500 more swings. It was a risk I was willing to take though. Maybe somebody should sell their collection of 1,000+ signed baseballs so they can afford a newer bat with less swings on it

you can get legitimate receipts for old bats still, rare but possible. My point earlier is selling bats with paperwork adds value on here. And with that comes a very real and easy temptation to sell forged paperwork, which is why IMO SBF shouldn't be allowing the transfer and sale of paperwork openly.

gsus03

Banned User
There are consequences. Negative feedback being one. Potential criminal charges being another. Banning them = they make a dupe account and continue to rip people off with no feedback as a heads up or warning. If you have information like that, it should be posted so everyone can search for it. Keeping it to yourself prolongs the behavior and limits the other members from making an educated choice. Look, lets be real clear here. No one makes you make deals online. If you don't have enough information on the person you are dealing with to press charges if they rip you off, then what happens to you is just as much your own fault.

you are correct about the banning it will not help. I posted what I knew about her and there are plenty of other threads talking about how she lists gloves for sale and falsely describes the condition.

I like the infraction actually LoL I got it trying to prevent people from dealing with this exact member. It was for putting this member on blast for one of her shady deals. Exactly what Country is telling me to do to help others. If I got the infraction for the WAY I said it, that makes sense. When it comes to this member, I am going to tell it like it is. IMO, the OP should not have any NGTG feedback at all. The other member should get a demarini mercy, designed specifically for "women".

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar

As has been said before, you swing it you buy it. Any time I buy a used I check it as carefully as possible and weigh it (especially if the chain of ownership is not super clear as it is with lots of older bats). Still, there are people in the Easton section all the time who claim to have returned OG Flex/Extendeds.

gsus03

Banned User
As has been said before, you swing it you buy it. Any time I buy a used I check it as carefully as possible and weigh it (especially if the chain of ownership is not super clear as it is with lots of older bats). Still, there are people in the Easton section all the time who claim to have returned OG Flex/Extendeds.

Funny you weigh your bats, I do too. Can have a small scale sent to you for $10 shipped, contact easykid15

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
most of the time weighing a bat will not tell you anything. Most Doctors will take the shavings out and glue them into the endcap.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
most of the time weighing a bat will not tell you anything. Most Doctors will take the shavings out and glue them into the endcap.

Thereby converting a well known balanced bat into one with EL ;)

Correct though, weighing will not give you 100% assurance, but is part of the equation...

dwp05acura

Addicted to Softballfans
Somehow my feedback was changed from a NOT to a BB. Do I deserve this BB feedback? I don't think I did anything wrong.

KannonsDad

**** you
I don't think there should be any feedback from her until she proves the bat is/was altered. She needs to show some proof from Easton

Status
Not open for further replies.