Jose Reyes Batting Title - Bush League or Not?

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
Like Braun said when asked about it, it left the window open for him to take it from him. GTG

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
He should want to hit if he was a baller. IJS, to tell your coach I want to sit if I get a hit is selfish. His team, franchise, and fans deserve his best effort. Good for him though, that was one hell of a season. I'll still take Braun over him any day of the week though. It's not even up for discussion who the better ball player is.

njarcher21

Addicted to Softballfans
I called it heartless and gutless earlier and I think I'd stick with that. He didn't do anything illegal or break any rules tho. It's right on par with what you should expect from him and that franchise.

ssf

Too tired to care
Do you mean Braun? :confused:

GS has been hitting the peyote a little hard.

I called it heartless and gutless earlier and I think I'd stick with that. He didn't do anything illegal or break any rules tho. It's right on par with what you should expect from him and that franchise.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Far cry from Williams in 1941 playing both ends of a double hitter while protecting a 0.400 average.

Madster09

League Hero

There are some people that are yankee fans who think he should be the SS next season????? that guy is not yankee material, he is such a premadonna its sickening, when was the last time that guy played a full season or even close??? that guy probably has stock in spik and span.....

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
how is arod a premadonna? he doesnt take himself out of games, hes a team player....reyes is allllll about himself

Please tell me you are kidding me? Arod was one of my favorite players in the league when he was with the Mariners and his early days with the Rangers. When he started showing up in the news for poker games, cheating on his wife, dating every celebrity under the sun, etc. then I completely lost respect for the guy. To say he is not a premadonna is absolutely absurd.

Madster09

League Hero
Please tell me you are kidding me? Arod was one of my favorite players in the league when he was with the Mariners and his early days with the Rangers. When he started showing up in the news for poker games, cheating on his wife, dating every celebrity under the sun, etc. then I completely lost respect for the guy. To say he is not a premadonna is absolutely absurd.

He has been doing everything he hs been doing most likely.... Its just magnified in the ny media.... I won't argue with you, enjoy your Rays win

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
And yes, Jose Reyes was Bush. Especially when I watched Baseball Tonight and saw he had shaved eye brows.

I saw that for the first time too. WTF?!? Reyes is a punk.

Also, what the hell was the mets manager crying for in the post game press conference? He looked like a woman with a hormal imbalance up there.

Last edited:

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen

This sums it up. Dude is a selfish vagina and I hope teams now lowball him in FA because of it.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
when was the last time that guy played a full season or even close???
2005 - 161 games
2006 - 153 games
2007 - 160 games
2008 - 159 games
2009 - hurt 36 games
2010 - 133 games short stints on DL
2011 - 126 games short stints on DL

I'm in the minority but he wanted the batting title, he doesn't get a bonus if he gets one, let him get it. In a miserable season for the Mets (again) it's something they can hang their hats on. If he had gone 0-4 he still would've won it since Braun went 0-4, so it's really a moot point. If Braun went 2-4 and made it close I can see the uproar. The Mets had nothing to play for, so if he sat the entire game he still would've won it, and nobody would've said a thing. If he went 0-1 or 0-2 and pulled himself he still would've won.

Last edited:

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
I saw that for the first time too. WTF?!? Reyes is a punk.

Also, what the hell was the mets manager crying for in the post game press conference? He looked like a woman with a hormal imbalance up there.

You could actually hear the moment, just before the first tear fell when his balls fell off and hit the floor.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
I don't know. The brave kid crying made me :D, but the mets manager crying made me :confused:.

Good summary. I did laugh when they showed the kid. Not just a chuckle but one of those loud explosive belly laughs that usually followed by a snort. Watching the Mets manager I'm like ":confused: WTF is wrong w/ this guy"

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
Good summary. I did laugh when they showed the kid. Not just a chuckle but one of those loud explosive belly laughs that usually followed by a snort. Watching the Mets manager I'm like ":confused: WTF is wrong w/ this guy"

Terry Collins had a **** Vermeil moment.

D*I*C*K Vermeil.

ntz

tricknollegy
There are some people that are yankee fans who think he should be the SS next season????? that guy is not yankee material, he is such a premadonna its sickening, when was the last time that guy played a full season or even close??? that guy probably has stock in spik and span.....

you mean like jeter did in 2008, when he took himself out of the last game when he started the game 0-2 and watched his average dip down to .300, so he took himself out of the game so it wouldn't go below that. jeter must not be a yankee.

Madster09

League Hero
you mean like jeter did in 2008, when he took himself out of the last game when he started the game 0-2 and watched his average dip down to .300, so he took himself out of the game so it wouldn't go below that. jeter must not be a yankee.

****ty year, no playoffs that year!!! your telling me the poster boy for baseball pulled some lame ass, bush league move on the level of jose reyes? gtfo, ead....and gimme a break, your just reaching now kid

DrBigPapi

Addicted to Softballfans
Madster09, I think all that "situation" type hairgrease is messing with your head buddy. That or the Jersey water, either way, you are a tool that knows little about alot. just sayin

njarcher21

Addicted to Softballfans
forget the batting title aspect of it. I can see why fans would be disappointed that he ducked out of what could possibly be his last game as a Met in NY.

ntz

tricknollegy
****ty year, no playoffs that year!!! your telling me the poster boy for baseball pulled some lame ass, bush league move on the level of jose reyes? gtfo, ead....and gimme a break, your just reaching now kid

it's the same thing. he pulled himself out of a game to save his stats. how do you not understand that?

second2noone

at the end of the day no one will care he sat out the last game. They'll only remember he won the batting title. Braun had his chances but didnt' hit. Oh well. Heck, they had all season to hit. No use crying over the last game.

But the studdliest thing I heard was they were asking Ted Williams if he wanted to sit out the last day doubleheader to preserve his 400 batting average, he said heck no and went out and went 6-8.

Last edited:

tattt3

Coach

Exactly..........didnt surprise me one bit!