Josh Hamilton is on FIRE!

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
533356_10151688774970554_539505553_23983742_894660872_n.jpg

thomas_z71

Addicted to Softballfans
I just made one but i'm blocked from the bucket...can I email it to ya? It prob sucks, but I think it's fitting.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Using terms such as superstar is ridiculous as it is completely based on your own opinion and how you weigh different factors.

I personally think Josh Hamilton is a superstar...not just a star but a superstar. But just because he is a superstar right now does not make him a HOFer or that he will continue to be a superstar. Look at Eric Gagne. The guy was a legit superstar for a short run, but I wouldn't say he was even a star for his career. The list of players like that goes on and on.

With all that being said, Hamilton definitely has all the skills to be a legit career HOFer. But he will have to stay healthy and maintain some good numbers do it. I would like to say Evan Longoria has the talent to be a superstar as well, but that guy loves to take some vacation to the DL.

BB15

Ape Raids
Using terms such as superstar is ridiculous as it is completely based on your own opinion and how you weigh different factors.

I personally think Josh Hamilton is a superstar...not just a star but a superstar. But just because he is a superstar right now does not make him a HOFer or that he will continue to be a superstar. Look at Eric Gagne. The guy was a legit superstar for a short run, but I wouldn't say he was even a star for his career. The list of players like that goes on and on.

With all that being said, Hamilton definitely has all the skills to be a legit career HOFer. But he will have to stay healthy and maintain some good numbers do it. I would like to say Evan Longoria has the talent to be a superstar as well, but that guy loves to take some vacation to the DL.

The term is definitely subjective, but whatever you wanna call it, his production is elite.

tippin20s

Jeebus .

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
The guy is 30, not like it's going to get easier for him to stay healthy.

It's going to take some ridiculous seasons to get close to HOF numbers probably. Will be interesting to watch, if he can keep it up. I doubt it though.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

You are ridiculous...IJS

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

Holy contradictions Superman...................Josh Hamilton will not be a Hall Of Famer, regardless of his elite status right now, unless he can come up with another 265 homers in his career to get to 400...Which seems to be the magic number. Considering he's 30 years old now......I think that may even be a long shot and still no guarantee.

Treb

Retired
Holy contradictions Superman...................Josh Hamilton will not be a Hall Of Famer, regardless of his elite status right now, unless he can come up with another 265 homers in his career to get to 400...Which seems to be the magic number. Considering he's 30 years old now......I think that may even be a long shot and still no guarantee.

he'll have that this year by the all star break. :cool:

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I think the HOF is a long shot right now for Hamilton. If he wouldn't have had two very public relapses maybe his "story" helps give him an edge, but I think that's gone now. I also doubt he'll be able to stay healthy for enough time to reach those numbers.

BB15

Ape Raids
Hamilton's career got off the ground WAY too late to even be having the HOF discussion. Like all have said, he would need to be RIDICULOUS into his late 30's to even approach HOF numbers. He's definitely a "what could have been" story.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Week's over for Hamilton who everyone knows will be named player of the week but damn those are impressive numbers. Hell he might've locked up Player of the Month already too.

7 games in 7 days (doubleheader on Thursday)
28 Abs, 10 Runs, 13 Hits, 1 Double, 9 Hrs, 16 Rbis, 5 Walks, .464 Avg, .545 OBP, 1.464 SLG, 2.009 OPS