Buyer Beware JPG sketchy deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
of course you do, its always a "buddy" that screws it up
I believe him. It's highly out of the ordinary for someone to all of a sudden ship a bat like this.

I'm seeing ALL points of view here. I believe you are seeing my point ...

BUT, red bold above has nothing to do with what has been stated. Your next sentence however does. If iowa_kid is leaving a 'Buyer Beware" thread, then state why he is leaving 'Buyer Beware' thread. The reasons he is leaving IMHO are not reasons to start this thread ...

Now that JPG has openly stated it was his friend, JPG is responsible for his friends actions. You didn't know, I didn't know, and neither did iowa_kid know that it was a friend. Regardless, I understand the stupidity of how the bat was shipped ... the bat got to iowa_kid didn't it ? Whats stupid about it then ? If the bat was damaged, then iowa_kid had an option to state that and ask for something in return. He choose not to ask for anything ...
What you bolded in red was only to show that the buyer doesn't need to send anything back or ask for a refund, but to show that BB feedback is warranted when the seller/shipper does not act in accordance with accepted unwritten standards of the SBF board.
And yes, the bat got there. But is was not shipped within said standards.

it is a buyer beware thread, not anything more
Exactly.

Iowa- would you deal with JPG again?

AJ22

Super Moderator
you seriously think its ok the way it was shipped? you're wrong here AJ, just because it got there ok this time doesn't make it ok to ship a bat like that.

Where did I say this ??

I also am saying its not my deal ... therefore, I rely on feedback to make a deal with another board member. This deal was completed as agreed upon. It doesn't matter how something was shipped ..

according to the OP, it was not

Seriously ...???? 2 business days ?? Your the same member who said 7 days in another NGTG thread was not too long ...

so we can only post "Buyer Beware" threads if compensation is involved?

You guys can do what you want ... I didn't delete this thread. I also have my opinion on this.

IMHO ... to accept how the agreement had changed, to accept how something was shipped within a timely matter, and accept the condition of the bat when the OP had every chance to NOT accept any of this ? But yet leave a 'Buyer Beware' thread is the right thing to do when JPG (or his friend) did what was agreed to ?

I get how it works here ... this deal wasn't between any of us except for JPG (friend) and iowa_kid. If iowa_kid accepts this, how can any of us say differently ? 'Buyer Beware' threads are when something goes wrong, isn't done in a timely matter, or someone backs out on what is agreed to (remember my thread that I deleted ?). Was there a wrong here ?

AJ22

Super Moderator
he does seem off today

Sorry .. but it is me and I see things totally different after getting screwed 3 weeks ago when I started my thread.

I deleted my thread because I lost nothing ... what was lost here again ?

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Seriously ...???? 2 business days ?? Your the same member who said 7 days in another NGTG thread was not too long ...

again, this is not a ngtg thread. i was simply proving your statement wrong. sorry

AJ. you are the only one that doesn't appreciate this thread. you think that is strange? like joker said, you is acting funny today

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion
Sorry .. but it is me and I see things totally different after getting screwed 3 weeks ago when I started my thread.

I deleted my thread because I lost nothing ... what was lost here again ?

I lost the peace of mind of knowing that a GTG member would allow a bat to be shipped like this. I read said GTG members response and believe it, but I then lost peace of mind that a GTG member would not ship the bat HIMSELF. I lost trust in this GTG member because he did not complete the deal himself, had his friend complete it, thus resulting in this COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE AND ACCEPTABLE buyer beware thread.

Joker

Where did I say this ??

I also am saying its not my deal ... therefore, I rely on feedback to make a deal with another board member. This deal was completed as agreed upon. It doesn't matter how something was shipped ..

i can't believe you would say that

You guys can do what you want ... I didn't delete this thread. I also have my opinion on this.

IMHO ... to accept how the agreement had changed, to accept how something was shipped within a timely matter, and accept the condition of the bat when the OP had every chance to NOT accept any of this ? But yet leave a 'Buyer Beware' thread is the right thing to do when JPG (or his friend) did what was agreed to ?

I get how it works here ... this deal wasn't between any of us except for JPG (friend) and iowa_kid. If iowa_kid accepts this, how can any of us say differently ? 'Buyer Beware' threads are when something goes wrong, isn't done in a timely matter, or someone backs out on what is agreed to (remember my thread that I deleted ?). Was there a wrong here ?

so bad shipping practices don't warrant a buyer beware thread? again, i can't believe you would say that

SESC1001

FSU Nation
I lost the peace of mind of knowing that a GTG member would allow a bat to be shipped like this. I read said GTG members response and believe it, but I then lost peace of mind that a GTG member would not ship the bat HIMSELF. I lost trust in this GTG member because he did not complete the deal himself, had his friend complete it, thus resulting in this.

I agree with this. JPG was selling the bat period. NO ONE should be selling a bat on here unless they have it in there hands to ship. I still can't believe that JPG buddy was so stupid to send it without correct packaging. That is completely unexcuseable. JPG takes full ownership of this deal! Maybe sending money as a gift should be banned on here for good. Maybe there will be so many screw jobs happening!

AJ22

Super Moderator
I lost the peace of mind of knowing that a GTG member would allow a bat to be shipped like this. I read said GTG members response and believe it, but I then lost peace of mind that a GTG member would not ship the bat HIMSELF. I lost trust in this GTG member because he did not complete the deal himself, had his friend complete it, thus resulting in this COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE AND ACCEPTABLE buyer beware thread.

And this makes perfect sense as I agree 100 % ...

i can't believe you would say that

so bad shipping practices don't warrant a buyer beware thread? again, i can't believe you would say that

And yes, I did say that ... based on this thread, we should 100's of more threads then stating the same experience. Because iowa_kid choose to leave this thead, JPG has a 'Buyer Beware' thread (which I understand why its here).

All I'm saying is if I accept the bat in its condition the way this deal went down, I should/would leave the appropriate GTG feedback with the heads up on how the deal went. Not a 'Buyer Beware' for accepting what happened. :confused:

Joker

And yes, I did say that ... based on this thread, we should 100's of more threads then stating the same experience. Because iowa_kid choose to leave this thead, JPG has a 'Buyer Beware' thread (which I understand why its here).

All I'm saying is if I accept the bat in its condition the way this deal went down, I should/would leave the appropriate GTG feedback with the heads up on how the deal went. Not a 'Buyer Beware' for accepting what happened. :confused:

there are 100's of other people shipping bats like this?

i don't think he is ok with how it was shipped, its not like he can go back and say "ship it again". just because it showed up undamaged doesn't mean the way it was shipped is acceptable. would you tell other people to ship a bat like that just because this one showed up undamaged?

AJ22

Super Moderator
there are 100's of other people shipping bats like this?

i don't think he is ok with how it was shipped, its not like he can go back and say "ship it again". just because it showed up undamaged doesn't mean the way it was shipped is acceptable. would you tell other people to ship a bat like that just because this one showed up undamaged?

Should USPS accept this bat the way they did to ship it ?? I would be more concerned about the insurance than how the bat was shipped ... as for 100's of other people shipping bats this way, please don't make my statement out to what you want it to be. If any buyer gets a bat that is damaged, its always on the seller. Doesn't matter if its boxed, tubed, or none of the above. Many members (buyers) have received damaged bats. Is everyone one of those buyers leaving 'Buyer Beware' threads after accepting the bat or geting a refund from the seller ?

Insurance and how shipped I thought was optional or called a choice. It is the seller's responsibility and there are more than one way to ship a bat. If the shipper was dumb enough to do what happened here, its on him to make the deal right if something is lost/stolen or damaged. My point is, even as dumb as this was in the way the bat was shipped, the bat still arrived ...

Last edited:

Joker

Should USPS accept this bat the way they did to ship it ?? I would be more concerned about the insurance than how the bat was shipped ... as for 100's of other people shipping bats this way, please don't make my statement out to what you want it to be. If any seller ships a bat that is damaged, its always on the seller. Doesn't matter if its boxed, tubed, or none of the above.

Insurance and how shipped I thought was optional or called a choice. It is the seller's responsibility and there are more than one way to ship a bat. If the shipper was dumb enough to do what happened here, its on him to make the deal right if something is lost/stolen or damaged. My point is, even as dumb as this was in the way the bat was shipped, the bat still arrived ...

you said "based on this thread, we should 100's of more threads then stating the same experience". the same experience would be people getting a bat that has been shipped with no box. i'm not making it into anything, thats exactly what you said

would you be happy if you got a bat in the mail like this?

aulee42

In the ice shanty
Where did I say this ??

I read what you wrote in bold and To me i would think that shipping something in a way that the bat could be easliy damaged, with no insurance on it either is just as bad as if a deal wasnt done in a timely manner. In both cases the person gets what they want but not the way it should be. a deal should be done in a timely manner YES. and a bat should be sent in a proper box or tube YES.

p17

I read what you wrote in bold and To me i would think that shipping something in a way that the bat could be easliy damaged, with no insurance on it either is just as bad as if a deal wasnt done in a timely manner. In both cases the person gets what they want but not the way it should be. a deal should be done in a timely manner YES. and a bat should be sent in a proper box or tube YES.

...and nobody should whine for more money after the agreed price was already paid

AJ22

Super Moderator
would you be happy if you got a bat in the mail like this?

No .. I wouldn't.

But, I wouldn't complain either if I accept the condition of the bat when I received it.

I also see JPG has stepped up to address this. He said he would make this right ... and another friend also has stepped in to say he would buy the bat and send iowa_kid another bat.

And yes aulee42. I agree with your statement ... but I also view this another way stating that if I accept the bat, I accept everything that went with the deal.

Joker

No .. I wouldn't.

But, I wouldn't complain either if I accept the condition of the bat when I received it.

I also see JPG has stepped up to address this. He said he would make this right ... and another friend also has stepped in to say he would buy the bat and send iowa_kid another bat.

And yes aulee42. I agree with your statement ... but I also view this another way stating that if I accept the bat, I accept everything that went with the deal.

so if a bat was shipped like this to you, you wouldn't say a word and just accept it and move on? you don't think other members need to be warned that a person ships bats without a box or protection?

p17

No .. I wouldn't.

again, this is not a ngtg thread.

we are allowed to post BB threads even though we get our product, aren't we? isn't that why the prefix was added? and we can "accept the bat" but not "accept everything that went with the deal", can't we? i know i have before

Joker

just because you accept the bat doesn't mean that you accept everything that went with the deal. if you don't agree with how it was shipped but it shows up ok, why can't you say "beware of this guy he ships bats like this"?

you can undo payments and bats not showing up as described, but you can't undo how it was shipped or when it was shipped. you said earlier that its ok for a buyer beware thread for late shipping, wouldn't improper packaging or lack of packaging fall in the same category?

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
AGAIN ... 'HONESTY' being the key word !!

How can you 'HONESTLY' leave a BUYER BEWARE thread when the deal you had with JPG (or his friend) you accepted ?

I'm not sure you can leave anything but a GTG as you accepted EVERYTHING to this deal !

Come on AJ, its his deal. He doesn't say anywhere the guy isn't GTG. He is simply showing the details of his specific deal, which is what the forum is for.

Prox3

I think a Buyer Beware thread is the perfect feedback for JPG. A NGTG is not warranted because the bat arrived, but I will definitely want to know if I may receive a bat bought on this board not packaged in a box.

T-StreetDrinker

Star Player
Seems like an honest mistake...which is a BIG difference than the deal being done wrong from the getgo w/bad intentions.

JPG is on top of things.

I do have to agree with JPG though....w/most of my teammates its like we are in 2 different worlds when it comes to the care of bats. I treat mine like a new born child....most people "just dont get it" when it comes to taking care of their bats. I figure if I spend a boatload of money, i want the thing to spend its nights in a hyperbaric chamber in the penthouse of the Ritz-Carlton!

Props to JGB for stepping up there...i'd say he is extremely GTG for taken it upon himself to right the wrong.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Seems like an honest mistake...which is a BIG difference than the deal being done wrong from the getgo w/bad intentions.

JPG is on top of things.

I do have to agree with JPG though....w/most of my teammates its like we are in 2 different worlds when it comes to the care of bats. I treat mine like a new born child....most people "just dont get it" when it comes to taking care of their bats. I figure if I spend a boatload of money, i want the thing to spend its nights in a hyperbaric chamber in the penthouse of the Ritz-Carlton!

Props to JGB for stepping up there...i'd say he is extremely GTG for taken it upon himself to right the wrong.

Similarly, if he was extremely GTG he would have been the one who shipped the bat that he negotiated a deal for and we wouldn't even have this thread.

iowa_kid

Manager
what did he step up to he basically said woops and well you accepted it deal is done?? thats owning up alright...

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion

JPG is on top of things.

Who ?

AJ22

Super Moderator
Come on AJ, its his deal. He doesn't say anywhere the guy isn't GTG. He is simply showing the details of his specific deal, which is what the forum is for.

I didn't delete the thread, did I ?

We are all entilted to our opinions here. Just because my opinion is not in agreeance with a few doesn't make my opinion wrong. And it doesn't make my opinion right either ...If this was my deal, I'm just stating that at anytime during this deal based on what has happened, I had a say so to undo the deal based on what has happened. I also could have asked for a small refund (if it were me) based on the way the bat was shipped and received.

I also agree with Prox3 ... but I have to ask, if the bat comes unboxed with no damage or very little, are you complaining if you received what you paid for ?

I left the thread up because I see the points being made ... but (and I will leave it at that). I agree its unacceptable for the bat to be shipped this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.