Keeping Stats- Should a walk be a hit in the book

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
You are picking out 1 scenerio...

Ok your down by 8 and you are the 1st batter up in the 7th... You swinging away?

If I see anything worth swinging at, better believe I'm up there hacking away.

Change the game to fastpitch, it becomes a slightly different story. I can move myself into scoring position then, and will be pretty selective. It still depends entirely on the hitters behind me, though.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
There is NO WAY in the world a walk should be counted as a hit. There are complete noobs that go up there and watch pitch after pitch hoping for a damn walk. The only time they'll swing is if they are unfortunate enough to get 2 strikes. Thats just one example but I really don't need any examples a walk is not a hit, period.

dont kid yourself.....some of us don't ahve a problem walking every single ab because we understand that's the only sure fire way to never make outs......and i'm not exactly a newb. I promise...if you don't throw me at least two strikes per ab, you'll never get me out

personally, i dont care how you score it........hit or not it wouldnt' change my philosophy

Last edited:

Primo

fat and famous pablo
why dont you get out of the thread, if you are only going to be a Smarta**. Every post I read from you is arrogant. Dude get a life

thanks...quite frankly, i'm tired of hsi **** too........as i'm easily offended

Joker, GTFO!!!!!!

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
It doesn't take fantastic plate discipline to draw a walk in SP...a walk is a walk.

You're kidding me....right?

You only get to hit 3 or 4 time a game. NOBODY wants to walk. Most people swing at the first decent pitch.

A walk takes discipline and should be rewarded. You are on base and didn't cause an out. You took one for the team.

OBP is the only stat that matters.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
You're kidding me....right?

You only get to hit 3 or 4 time a game. NOBODY wants to walk. Most people swing at the first decent pitch.

A walk takes discipline and should be rewarded. You are on base and didn't cause an out. You took one for the team.

OBP is the only stat that matters.

I want to get on base. So if this means walk, I want to walk. The two bolded comments are contradictory to each other. You should revise your post.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i've walked 17 tiems in 24 ab's before.....i'd walk every damn time if the situation called for it

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
I want you two guys on my team to make up for my poor disipline.

The two bolded comments are contradictory to each other. You should revise your post.

I don't get it???

I suppose I should have said "almost nobody wants to walk". That has been my observation. I can think of only one or two guys out of thousands that seemed to enjoy it.

Last edited:

b_u_c_k

Addicted to Softballfans
We keep track of OBP, that's all that matters. Better hitters draw more walks and force more errors.