Knee Replacement

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
Great to hear that your progressing so rapidly. I'm still having pretty constant pain in quads more than knee I think. Sleep not going well. Noticed a lot of bruising showing up last couple days. But feel some progress. Still pushing the range of motion in knee. Was 90 degrees last Friday. Going to rehab 3 times a week.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
If you can get on a sit down stationary bike...so that you get that biking motion on the knee...doing that twice a day for 5 to 30 minutes was the best exercise I felt I had...move seat up as high as you have to and progress down...so many reps on the bend are done this way. jmo

Update played at 5 months on knee replacement in myrtle beach windy in cold turned some inside the park hrs into doubles but glad to be able to play

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
Read some trepidation into your reply...is it a confidence thing in the new knee where your afraid to cut it loose 100%.. or is there still a weakness of pain in it, that turned those inside the parkers into doubles..im going to have to get the second one done and trying to see everyones experience with this procedure..Did it bother you to hit?

I can swing hard but running the bases a little carefully doc said not to play for a year wasn’t going to wait a year waited four months to swing did physical therapy thing in went to gym. My knee doesn’t hurt to much just won’t bend like it did before too a while before I could ride bike still working on the running part.

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
Looks like my knee isn’t my only problem anymore. I’ve been dealing with on and off shoulder pain for about a year now then on a hard throw from left field at the TOC in Tampa in January, I felt a pain that I haven’t felt before. MRI revealed a torn rotator cuff. It’s been feeling better with physical therapy, but overhand throwing will not be an option without surgery. I can still swing a bat full strength and I pitch for my Utrip teams so looks like I’ll be taking the mound in Senior ball this season.
My plan is to play all summer with my final tournament being Winter Worlds in Vegas.
Then surgery in October so that I have 6 full months to recover before spring ball next April.

Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone and get my knee done at the same time. LOL

AZTOMC

Addicted to Softballfans
Went to the doc for my 6 week post op checkup. He says I'm doing really good. Proceeds to hand me a piece of paper telling me what I cannot do now and says no running, jogging, etc. I say what about softball and he says I should not. I look him in the eyes and say I am playing softball. Anyone else getting this from their doc?

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
I’m 5 week post op, my surgeon said same thing, nothing in writing yet, final apt isn’t until 10May though.

KAPTHAT

AREA LEGEND
mine said the replacement would wear quicker but never said not to play

Went to the doc for my 6 week post op checkup. He says I'm doing really good. Proceeds to hand me a piece of paper telling me what I cannot do now and says no running, jogging, etc. I say what about softball and he says I should not. I look him in the eyes and say I am playing softball. Anyone else getting this from their doc?