Any Knob Cuff

Got2bwill

Hit or Miss
What is the rule for useing knob cuffs. I have one on all my bats (non split kind) and not taped over. I was told by a frew people that it is a rule that they must be taped and if I was to play in a big ASA tournament in the states all my bats would be deamed illegal. Whats the real word on this.

If you look you will find. If you found then you have looked, but some time looking and finding can cause you more truble than it is worth so stay the hell out my bag.:rolleyes:

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
What is the rule for useing knob cuffs. I have one on all my bats (non split kind) and not taped over. I was told by a frew people that it is a rule that they must be taped and if I was to play in a big ASA tournament in the states all my bats would be deamed illegal. Whats the real word on this.

If you are referring to a Grip-n-Rip-type of item, it must be permantly attached with tape. If you are referring to a Pow'r Pad-type of item, you are not required to have that taped to the bat.

If you look you will find. If you found then you have looked, but some time looking and finding can cause you more truble than it is worth so stay the hell out my bag.:rolleyes:

Apparently, not.

KO_2

Addicted to Softballfans
put a piece of athletic tape around it just to make sure it doesnt move and you are gtg.

Got2bwill

Hit or Miss
Love the sport but hate the rule changes.

Obviously, you have an opinion. Mind to support it with a reason why you think it is stupid?

I think it is stupid because when I asked the question why, I was told because of safety reasons(the cuff can fly off:rolleyes: ). I also was told because it alters the bat(but taping it up does not?:confused:) I have no problem taping them, but if there is no real reason why then just because someone with a little authority says so than that’s bill. I like to use different colors that match my bat or tape just because I am all about the clean look. For now I will just take my ideas and shout up in color because I am just starting out in this world of softball that seems to change all the time. Love the sport but hate the rule changes. :confused:

Mc_Ren

Coach
I play in ASA and have always had a knob cuff on my bat. No tape required as long as it is a one piece rubberized cuff.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
I play in ASA and have always had a knob cuff on my bat. No tape required as long as it is a one piece rubberized cuff.

Maybe not with your umps, but the rules do say it needs to be secured. I imagine alot of umps don't enforce it, but it is in there.