KYSoftballer76 BP Vid

KYsoftballer76

Joshua 24:15
Ok, take 2 on this. Criticism is welcome. Yes I know I need a better BP pitcher :D

Swing the DB I got from whataboutbob....thanks again, loving the bat already.

Last edited by a moderator:

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
1. Get a better Bp pitcher.

2. Hit the weight benches.

3. Looks like you had some good swings in there, just not consistently. Looks like you need more bp, or tee work and a gym. And not planet fitness either. Your not going in there to stare at the asses of college chicks, your going in there to get stronger.

KYsoftballer76

3. Looks like you had some good swings in there, just not consistently. Looks like you need more bp, or tee work and a gym. And not planet fitness either. Your not going in there to stare at the asses of college chicks, your going in there to get stronger.

1) Duh!!! :D

2) No time to get to a gym. Will see what I can do around the house to help.

3) Any tips to get more consistent? This was the first live bp i've been able to take this year. Mainly just wanted to get some cuts in. Oh, and I have a slight head cold in this vid.

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
And not planet fitness either. Your not going in there to stare at the asses of college chicks, your going in there to get stronger.

Don't hate on the ones who do this! While being on the treadmill behind them, I can never seem to catch up so we can talk! It sucks being fat! :rolleyes:

Any tips to get more consistent? This was the first live bp i've been able to take this year. Mainly just wanted to get some cuts in. Oh, and I have a slight head cold in this vid.

A better pitcher will help you become more consistant. That would be a start.

nwo69

Addicted to Softballfans

why can't asses of college chicks be motivation? hell i say stare and get stronger :D

UncleVitoCap

Star Player
Question? Why do you stand with a closed stance? I found I used to stand square and I would not be able to extend my arms. I stand open and off the plate and I get more weight moving forward towards the pitcher. Becuase your closed it seems like IMO you are losing some of the weight transfer. It is transfering back out to be square instead of back towards the pitcher. IMO it looks like it would be very hard for you to hit oppo with any pop because it would be all arms.

Just my opinion and maybe something to consider. Look at some of the greats they all (most) stand a bit open and step into it instead of into it but away from it at the same time like it looks like your doing.

Dont hate, just trying to help

UncleVitoCap

Star Player
Looking at it somemore and your front leg is def circling away from the ball, Try for 1 round of bp standing opposite of what your do now. Front leg open instead of closed and not circling towards the pitcher but stepping or striding towards him from the outside.

You may find your arm will get extended and your balance may be better......BTW your pitcher sucks lol

KYsoftballer76

Question? Why do you stand with a closed stance? I found I used to stand square and I would not be able to extend my arms. I stand open and off the plate and I get more weight moving forward towards the pitcher. Becuase your closed it seems like IMO you are losing some of the weight transfer. It is transfering back out to be square instead of back towards the pitcher. IMO it looks like it would be very hard for you to hit oppo with any pop because it would be all arms.

Just my opinion and maybe something to consider. Look at some of the greats they all (most) stand a bit open and step into it instead of into it but away from it at the same time like it looks like your doing.

Dont hate, just trying to help

No hate here. This is why I wanted to post it.
I've always had a closed stance. I am pretty much a dead pull hitter, with the occasional accidental middle/right shot. You are correct though, oppo i have very little power. But, I don't try oppo that often. Next bp session I have a chance to do, I will stand more open.
Would you suggest just keeping my front foot back or actually rotating my entire body? I ask because I want to give it a fair shot when I do.

Watch the ball

I can't. Every time I try to see the ball contact the barrel, I miss it. It's weird, and I have made a conscious effort before to watch the ball into the bat, but like I said, I miss it everytime.

KYsoftballer76

Looking at it somemore and your front leg is def circling away from the ball, Try for 1 round of bp standing opposite of what your do now. Front leg open instead of closed and not circling towards the pitcher but stepping or striding towards him from the outside.

You may find your arm will get extended and your balance may be better......BTW your pitcher sucks lol

Can you explain this a little better. PM if you want to. I just want to make sure I understand before I try it.

I think I know what you mean, but want a clarification please.

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
first things first... the random ass dude walking in front of the camera like its a news cast.. he needs to move.