L6.0 and kirby bomb squad ASA, how many cuts?

dunkky

to get to its full potential?

they are in 200 and 300 range now. Hard to gauge the performance because of ****ty balls I am hitting.

dunkky

lol... it's the green one.. very stiff feeling. distance is not there, but nice line drives so far. so sounds like i got like 8000 more to go with beat up classic plus 52s.

r8dr_rider

My Kirby bomb squad opened up after it started webbing. A mix of too many BP sessions and drunkin nights in my back yard hitting the tree. Now it’s fire

dunkky

as many bp i do, there's no way i am gonna able to break in these 2 beasts this summer hitting 3 year old socks in 100 degree. I am thinking probably this winter. They are still very stiff after putting about additional 300 cuts. Kirby is little more soft than L6 now. L6 is a log.

r8dr_rider

Lol suggestion. Have you never done that. Not too hard but enough to open the bat up. I’ve done it for several bats, never had any issues you can also feels the sweet spot when you do it

dunkky

so, you just hit the barrel of the bat each other? kinda hard to picture this, how hard do you need to hit them?

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Sit in a chair and hold one in each hand and tap the barrels together, hard but not pounding, rotating barrels around and switching the bats to the other hand, your dominant hand will tap the other bat your holding, or get a ball mallet or rubber mallet and tap the barrels as well, i do this with every new bat for an even break in to soften before I hit off the tee

r8dr_rider

Sit in a chair and hold one in each hand and tap the barrels together, hard but not pounding, rotating barrels around and switching the bats to the other hand, your dominant hand will tap the other bat your holding, or get a ball mallet or rubber mallet and tap the barrels as well, i do this with every new bat for an even break in to soften before I hit off the tee
This!

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
if you cant take as much BP you can always use a glove mallet.

find a hard softball, core it with a 1" paddle bit - don't go all the way thru just about 2 or 3 inches, get a new plunger take off the rubber plunger and insert the wooden handle to the hole you made in the ball (use adhesive) and have at it.

imho tapping the bats together doesn't necessarily do anything since you aren't supposed to tap hard. older cats did this with the old Worths, Mikens and Eastons and used the one that bounced more after you tapped it - weird a know :rolleyes:

dunkky

Thanks for the suggestion guys.. i probably gonna get rid of one of them. and work on breaking in just one. I'll get some 44 core balls.

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
i would sell em both or trade for a 13 L6.0 or surprisingly a LX.0 once heated up they go the distance. never heard anything about the bomb squads and the green l6 just took forever to break in. even the guys that shaved and rolled them locally didnt care for them, not like the 2013.

r8dr_rider

Don’t trash them just yet. Beat the **** out of them with BP, a tree and each other. Older Easton’s take time to open up. They are not like the Anarchy’s and Monstas of this time that a hot out the wrapper

dunkky

i would sell em both or trade for a 13 L6.0 or surprisingly a LX.0 once heated up they go the distance. never heard anything about the bomb squads and the green l6 just took forever to break in. even the guys that shaved and rolled them locally didnt care for them, not like the 2013.

i've swung my friend's 13 dual stamp, blue one. that was a nice stick indeed.
becasue it's dual stamp i prefer that over my L6.0. i am gonna try to trade for it. Otherwise, I am going to break in L6, taking my time. no biggie. I got all the time and i have a rubber mallet. I tried last night and i can see it will work combined with my bp!

anyone miss my bp video with poptoss?? lol

r8dr_rider

It’s 2021 and nobody respects the old Easton’s. Because they are tanks and take forever to break in. But once they open up they are fire forever. Most players want the anarchy or Monsta bats that are hot out wrapper and last one season. Im just an old man. Back in my day……

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
It’s 2021 and nobody respects the old Easton’s. Because they are tanks and take forever to break in. But once they open up they are fire forever. Most players want the anarchy or Monsta bats that are hot out wrapper and last one season. Im just an old man. Back in my day……

I get laughed at when I pull out that orange Bomb Squad Kirby. Definitely not the hottest bat I've ever swung, but it'll still deliver 350' power reliably when you find the barrel.

Older Eastons are an acquired taste, but once you get used to them other bats simply don't feel as good.

The closest thing I've found recently to old Eastons is the Juno MR1.