Las Vegas Military Stars and Stripes at BLD

Craig #7

Middle's Closed
I am working on having the BLD in Vegas write up a bid for next year. Does any one know when the bid has to be in by? I know in Aug it well be hot as hell here though.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
I spoke with the director for the Band-Aid tourney this weekend and he said Mr Hockey will be attending in hopes to be bringing Mil Worlds out west. He has already seen what Vegas can offer and is interested in seeing what Co Springs/Aurora might be able to offer.

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
Hot as hell and playing ball beats raining and not playing ball, IMO.

Isn't it hot in Florida with 100% humidity? I would rather play in the dri heat then the humidity.

All the spoiled east coast teams that can drive to PCB wouldn't make the trip to Vegas..

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
Depending on how nice these fields for the Band Aid are, I'd say that Colorado would be the perfect compromise. More than likely going to be dry that time of year, not terribly hot and you've got a major hub airport (Denver) not too terribly far away. Not to mention how well the ball flies....

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
So I just googled the average temperature and rainfall for August in Colorado Springs. Average temp: 82 degrees. Average Low: 56 degrees. Average rainfall for the month: 3.3". So August is actually the wettest month for Colorado, but still....three inches of rain for an entire month isn't ****. We got that in about 2 hours in Florida at Worlds last year.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Depending on how nice these fields for the Band Aid are, I'd say that Colorado would be the perfect compromise. More than likely going to be dry that time of year, not terribly hot and you've got a major hub airport (Denver) not too terribly far away. Not to mention how well the ball flies....

The only problem with having Mil Worlds at Skyview would be there only is 6 fields. Now having it at Aurora Sports Park would be a possibility. They have like 15 fields and they are very nice and anywhere from 310-320 distance so there is your equalizer for the altitude.