Last Workout of 2013...

corndiggity

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got in from the garage and finished my last workout for the year. It's -17C here in the Nation's Capital but I had a little fan heater and a parabolic dish heater pointing at me so it wasn't tooo bad once I got started.

I have been doing beyond 5/3/1 for a couple months nw and loving it. Having great results but headed to Mexico in ~2weeks so decided to switch it up until then.

Got up at 11 this morning to watch Canada vs USA in the World Juniors. Incline walks/sprints during periods, foam roll/stretches at intermissions.

chilled for a few hours then Workout was basically warm-up then 5 sets of 8 alternating with ~30-45ec rest between exercises:

Bench: 5x8 @ 165
TRX Split Squat: 5x8/leg w 16lbs vest

RDL: 5x8 @ 115
TRX inverted rows: 5x8 @ BW

3 sets of 16lb med ball twists/slams

It was cold and I didn't want to go too heavy today and risk injury so kept the weight manageable and worked on keeping a good pace. It was a nice change from 2-3min rests when doing 5/3/1.

Get back from Mex end of Jan and plan to go back to 5/3/1 for ~8weeks. To keep improving strength and gradual weight loss Then when spring rolls around switch back to a higher rep/lower rest workouts and get ready to get outside.

Also really wanna pull the trigger on this maybe next year for Black Friday if I keep up with the workouts. I got an email from Alwyn Cosgroves newsletter and he always talks this time of year on setting a goal for a total number of training session on the year., I'm hoping for 220-240 for next year That's about 4/week on average.

Post your last workout and goals for next year if you feel like sharing.

grubd

Banned User
2014 goals: 515 squat
455 bench
585 deadlift
300 press
Find a gym that fits my needs.
My knee get strengthened and hold up so I can go higher than even I can imagine

12/31
Power cleans
135 5
185 3
205 3x1

Rdl
275 5
315 5
365 2x3

Leg press (plates per side)
5 6
7 6
9 5
10 4

Last edited:

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Last workout of 2013 was back.

Goal for 2014. Win a men's physique competition

grubd

Banned User
you better get some deca if you want to hit those goals

I think I would need some assistance for bench and press but I think I can still be natural and reach the others. Might have to get fat though :eek:

hrdchrgin13

Last work out of 2013 was Kris Gethins DTP bi's/tri's

2014 goals : Win that 50,000 bb.com transformation challenge would be nice.

That is a big number on bench grub

I would be happy reaching 400 within the year.

Last edited: