Latest bat technology, tell me what you know

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I have been out of bat construction and technology for quite some time. What are the new design concepts these days. I hear about discs, linear vs non linear. Please enlighten me

Joker

non linear bats are basically bats with a limiter inside. thinner walls with an inner wall that has a gap between them or a disc/foam/thingy that limits the amount the outer wall can flex

Country469

I know evil balls will fly off any bat so I don't worry about bat technology cuz I can hit wood 300 plus.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
The greatest minds in the world are at work every year to continually improve the performance, and at a faster pace than any other technology. As you know, today's bats outperform those of ten years ago by 200+' and a 13" barrel can actually have a 16" sweetspot.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
The greatest minds in the world are at work every year to continually improve the performance, and at a faster pace than any other technology. As you know, today's bats outperform those of ten years ago by 200+' and a 13" barrel can actually have a 16" sweetspot.
Thanks but what yer telling me is you dont know anything about this

jhitman

I have been out of bat construction and technology for quite some time. What are the new design concepts these days. I hear about discs, linear vs non linear. Please enlighten me

Here is the latest from Miken's web-site. This is fairly brief unlike Joker's more in depth response. I just bought a Miken DC41 Supermax ASA bat that has this technology. I've only been able to take about 30 swings so far. It does seem to flex/compress the 52 cor softballs better than most of what is out there. I'll have a better gage once I have more swings on it. It's labeled as a 4 piece bat.

Tetra-Core Technology is Miken's breakthrough technology which optimizes performance by utilizing an inner core tube, increasing compression for unmatched responsiveness. The outer core layering provides increased flex allowing the inner core tube to maximize sweetspot and durability.

SENSI-FLEX technology maximizes energy transfer from handle to barrel increasing bat head speed through the hitting zone while eliminating vibration.

100 Comp™ is the revolutionary formula that changed the game and introduced certified Miken high performance equipment. This product is engineered utilizing 100% premium aerospace grade fiber to deliver Miken's legendary performance and durability.

Four-Piece composite.

Joker

Here is the latest from Miken's web-site. This is fairly brief unlike Joker's more in depth response. I just bought a Miken DC41 Supermax ASA bat that has this technology. I've only been able to take about 30 swings so far. It does seem to flex/compress the 52 cor softballs better than most of what is out there. I'll have a better gage once I have more swings on it. It's labeled as a 4 piece bat.

Tetra-Core Technology is Miken's breakthrough technology which optimizes performance by utilizing an inner core tube, increasing compression for unmatched responsiveness. The outer core layering provides increased flex allowing the inner core tube to maximize sweetspot and durability.

SENSI-FLEX technology maximizes energy transfer from handle to barrel increasing bat head speed through the hitting zone while eliminating vibration.

100 Comp™ is the revolutionary formula that changed the game and introduced certified Miken high performance equipment. This product is engineered utilizing 100% premium aerospace grade fiber to deliver Miken's legendary performance and durability.

Four-Piece composite.
pretty sure buggs still has me on ignore, too bad he's a giant vagina

jhitman

pretty sure buggs still has me on ignore, too bad he's a giant vagina

I hear ya Joker. It might be a lot of babble but I was just stating what the new technology represents according to Miken. If you don't want the information don't post a thread in the forum and do the research yourself.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Dude dont get all fugin butt hurt, I said thank you for posting it. Obviously I know the content is not indicative of your effort

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
A non-linear bat is a bat whose structure deviates from the traditional single wall, multi wall and/or layered composite designs.

The bats' performance will consistently and repeatedly produce BCT results softer than the existing threshold and have not produced a BBS over 98.

jhitman

Dude dont get all fugin butt hurt, I said thank you for posting it. Obviously I know the content is not indicative of your effort

I thought you were being sarcastic. Either way, time will tell as I want to see for myself. I will hit my broken in USSSA bats that I have side by side this weekend with the new technology bats (52 cor softballs) and see if there is a noticeable difference.

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
So Let me ask you guys this, I do not know or have any experience with non linear bats. are they pretty much broken in from the first swing since the inner barrel prevents the outer barrel from flexing to a certain point? Or is there some give to it and the bat does receive benefit from a break in?

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I just ordered an ASA DC41 from the site, will let you know what the performance is like compared to something from last year Bobby. Will be hitting Evils of course too, mix of .44s and .52s. From what I've read, the new Miken ASA technology sounds similar to what Monsta bats have, just dont have the miniature douche bag owner aspect.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I hit a variety of balls with all my bats and rarrley have any problems . My BP balls are Evil 52
s. But some guys bring whatever. The non linier bats do cone in quick and feel good but, I think the linier USSSS and SUSSA are better in the long run

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will say I feel league night is more dangerous than ever if you're not hitting 52s. Bats that are hot out of the wrapper don't pass compression for very long, and here they become league bats. I don't know for a fact that these bats are hotter than the rolled it shaved bats I faced five years ago, but they sure feel equal if not better with a classic m.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I watched guys hitting balls 400 feet plus this weekend with the yellow Freak 30. Was scary how far and how fast they were hitting the ball, glad I wasnt pitching.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That bat is stupid. I got a DC for my warranty return instead of that and I hope I don't regret it.

jhitman

I watched guys hitting balls 400 feet plus this weekend with the yellow Freak 30. Was scary how far and how fast they were hitting the ball, glad I wasnt pitching.

I have 2 of them and it's stupid hot right out of the wrapper. Put my white DC41's down last week for league and hit the Freak30. It hits the 52's good but it was killing the high compression balls. Once I broke the bat in (about 15 swings) with the high compression softballs it was gtg. Because of the possible durability issues, will just use it in games and only with the 52 cor balls.

Last edited: