Leave up the price on sold bats...

dan

Manager
is there a reason why someone would take down the price of their bat after it's been sold?

Here's one reason: Say a guy lists a bat for $200 and sells it for $175. If he puts up the real sales price, anyone following the thread will know that he gave a $25 discount, and will likely lowball him next time he tries to sell a bat.

Sellers don't want everyone knowing they took less than asking price.

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's one reason: Say a guy lists a bat for $200 and sells it for $175. If he puts up the real sales price, anyone following the thread will know that he gave a $25 discount, and will likely lowball him next time he tries to sell a bat.

Sellers don't want everyone knowing they took less than asking price.

this also makes no sense to me. if a seller is worried he's gonna get lowball offers, tell the lowballers to kick rocks. a bat is gonna sell for what it's worth. that's how a market works.

dan

Manager
this also makes no sense to me. if a seller is worried he's gonna get lowball offers, tell the lowballers to kick rocks. a bat is gonna sell for what it's worth. that's how a market works.

A question - do most bats here sell for the asking price?

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
The answer is not irrelevant to me.

it's irrelevant to the market.

asking price is worthless. you can ask $1000 for a white steel - you aren't gonna get it. and if you drop the price down to $100 and sell it and post that sold price on the sale page, that doesn't mean the next time you sell a bat the buyer should expect a $900 discount just because that's what happened in your previous sale. that's ridiculous.

Last edited: