Leave up the price on sold bats...

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
is there a reason why someone would take down the price of their bat after it's been sold? if not, leave that **** up. i see a ton of threads in the sales area with a bat description and the word "SOLD" after it with no price listed. that **** is aggravating. leave the price up. it helps others gauge what they should sell theirs for or what they should pay if they're looking to buy one.

DeezNutz357

Addicted to Softballfans
I always put sold up just to stop the flood of pm's coming in, never thought about it, i do see your point, but I noticed everyone else doing it so i did, monkey see, monkey do i guess. there are pricing guides if you are concerned about prices. Each sell has different circumstances so prices very.

unclehowlie

Addicted to Softballfans
I think people remove the price because they continue to get offers for an item that has already sold. I usually change the script to a very light color so there can be no mistaking if the item is still for sale or not.

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
Its my thread Ill do what I want, IJS. Most of the bat manufacturer forums have a price guide. There is more aggravating stuff that goes down here then this...again IJS

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
I always put sold up just to stop the flood of pm's coming in, never thought about it, i do see your point, but I noticed everyone else doing it so i did, monkey see, monkey do i guess. there are pricing guides if you are concerned about prices. Each sell has different circumstances so prices very.

the price guides help, but they're kinda general. i prefer to check out recent sales to get a more accurate read on what a bat is worth.

jaj23

Eye Baller
Price guides are based on the prices of bats sold on SBF. Without the prices in the sales threads it's hard to update the price guides. The Anderson price guide is the best and most up-to-date guide.

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
Stfu *****.

troll-doll.jpg

*yawn*

AJ22

Super Moderator
This is the first post in a long time that someone actually is complaining about a selling thread and the actual complaint is worthy ..

Going rates can be determined by a price of an item of something that is sold ... not by ones opinion what they feel an item is worth. Putting up the word SOLD next to the sale price HELPS with future sales at this site.

Unabomber

Agreed.... If you want to know a price of a bat get off your lazy ass and do a price check with pics and you will get a good idea of how much to sell it for. IJS :)

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
Agreed.... If you want to know a price of a bat get off your lazy ass and do a price check with pics and you will get a good idea of how much to sell it for. IJS :)

that makes sense. why just do a search of what already exists on the boards when you can add yet another thread and take more time waiting for responses to get the same info.

You would only be leaving the asking price anyway....not the price it actually sold for

no. when the bat is sold you can add whatever you want. i.e. "SOLD - $XXX" (whatever the final amount was). throw that ish up in a bold red font like jaj23 does and everyone benefits.

jdbaker82

Addicted to Softballfans
What I hate more then this is when people delete their threads when they sell a bat. Just seems shady to me

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
dude just pm them and ask..... it has happen to me 7-8 times after a sale no biggie

why would you ask people to PM you then wait for your response to get information that you can just leave on the sale page for everyone to find at their leisure and without bothering you. makes no sense.

jdbaker82

Addicted to Softballfans
Shady in what way?

Because there is no reason to delete it and it makes it easy for the seller to for example advertise something as OG and then send you a RI then you can't even verify to yourself if they advertise OG or RI.

knooch21

ancient chinese secret
I leave the price up and put SOLD at the top of the first post.

as do I & this should be the accepted principle,maybe added to the rules...the price guides are good but,are not very true.Personnally I'd like to see them gone,it's added to the "lowballing" when people see it in writing,there used to be a word of mouth price range gauged off other sales.Its kinda like speculators on the commodities market & why the oil price is so f`ed up...this is working in the opposite manner tho.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
I dont leave the price up that is private.

Ya, makes it alot easier to "find a crack" and relist the same bat for more when you find out its worth more. Not that anyone here would do that... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Because there is no reason to delete it and it makes it easy for the seller to for example advertise something as OG and then send you a RI then you can't even verify to yourself if they advertise OG or RI.

Mods can un-delete threads.