Lending Bats...

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I let people borrow my bats as long as I have a return. The second someone tosses my bat against a fence or anything like that they go on the blacklist and are told to never touch my stuff again unless they have cash on hand to pay for whatever they use

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Subbed on a team last year.
Standing on first, guy grabbed my bat, flew out.
Next dude picks my bat up throws it across the field at dugout into fence.
Needless to say I was off their team.
Stupid redneck idiots.

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
If it's on the fence you're more than welcome to swing it. I want to win and I'd rather they hit a good bat than some piece of crap Walmart bat. Most of the teams I play with though each dude has his own bat. As far as loaning out bats that are out of my hands I only loan out bats that need to be broken in or bats I'm looking to sell. The ones I'm looking to sell I'll tell them the price so they are aware how much I'm expecting to get for it and unless I get it back that's what I'm owed. Has worked ok so far (knock on wood).

UTEFAN

Always been of the mindset "what's mine is yours." (Except my wife). Only lent out my bats to close friends and whatnot. Well, no longer. Lent a bat to a co worker. When he brought it back, he said, "This one broke. Do you have another one we can borrow? We still have 2 weeks left in the season." Awesomeness.

What ball were they hitting or was it a metal pole

Pumacat35

Professional Hitter
I have a Z 2000 that is hot as hell and not under warranty.........strictly a gamer!!

I have a Z300 and CL22 that are under warranty and if I get them out and leave them on the fence swing away, especially my tournament guys. Last week I got them Z3 and CL out during league and to my shock a couple of the guys wanted to swing them and actually asked before they did!!

Sure they are under warranty still!!

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I only loan my stuff to close friends and I only loan to them what I am willing to lose.... i.e meaning with the possibility of it coming back broken.

This. I actually have 2 PSTs that have been out of my hands for 3 or 4 years. They will find their way home one day.... Or not.:eek:

SandyWH

#Delicious
Lent and OG Freak to my brother in-law who plays in a different league and asked that he take good care of my bat. After 3 weeks or so, they needed a pick up. I show up and see every fool on the team swinging my bat, tossing it all over the place and generally beating the he11 out of it.

Needless to say, the bat came home with me. I no longer lend bats to people I'm not playing with or not at the field to watch what happens to it.

M

MJL 00

Lent and OG Freak to my brother in-law who plays in a different league and asked that he take good care of my bat. After 3 weeks or so, they needed a pick up. I show up and see every fool on the team swinging my bat, tossing it all over the place and generally beating the he11 out of it.

Needless to say, the bat came home with me. I no longer lend bats to people I'm not playing with or not at the field to watch what happens to it.

Very good idea BUT had a close friend hit one of my bats years ago just having a bad day at the plate use mine to change his luck and popped up and just outta pure frustration slam my bat down and telescoped it. He felt bad and did replace it BUT learned never again cause it was gamer status and bought same bat and was never the same... :sad:

pudds

Star Player
Early this season i had just received a new psycho. Take it to a game, guy asks to swing it I say sure no problem. first thing he does, freakin taps his cleats with it. Needless to say it instantly went into the bag after

Metal cleats? Because if not, who cares?

OilCountryCanno

Star Player
Let a player on my church team barrow my worth mutant 07 model guy struck out and then threw the bat 20ft into the air it landed right on the handle and telescoped it was my gamer dude started laughing and said get your bat didn't offer to pay for it, I said dude you broke it you got to buy me another he laughed and said you never told me I'm responsible if I break it, I said really. The next freaking game I'm on second and his son grabs my srv5 out of my bag I didn't even notice til he popped out to the pitcher and threw my bat into the fence that it took a big chunk out of the bat . First rule someone needs a bat hand them an old alloy

Guys like this don't play on my team. Disrespect right there. Probably could have punched him in the face.

I let my bro borrow a NOW SRV3 for a tourney that I wasn't at. He ended up passing out from dehydration and was taken in an ambulance to the hospital. The team he picked up with didn't get his gear after the game finished and my bat never came back. I didn't ask him to replace it because he also lost all of his stuff. He said he'd replace it with another bat but never did. Not a big deal.

OilCountryCanno

Star Player
I let my bro borrow a NOW SRV3 for a tourney that I wasn't at. He ended up passing out from dehydration and was taken in an ambulance to the hospital. The team he picked up with didn't get his gear after the game finished and my bat never came back. I didn't ask him to replace it because he also lost all of his stuff. He said he'd replace it with another bat but never did. Not a big deal.

Family>everything #realtalk

I'd bust his balls jokingly every family dinner. "Remember that time you passed out like a B**ch then lost my bat?" haha

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League

Glad I wasn't playing for that team when I went to the emergency room at a tournament.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
If I bring it, you can use it. I honestly don't mind a bit. But nobody borrows them. My bats come home with me.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
if someone cracks one of my bats just hitting a softball in normal conditions. i dont mind. if it's abused, then i would make them pay for it. dudes on here who just say "you break you buy" is a bit ridiculous.

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans
Normally I don't mind if someone on my team swings one of my bats. What bugs me is the people who don't at least ASK first. Don't just assume it's ok to use. And DO NOT go digging in my bag and helping yourself. Hey missy....how'd you like it if I dig through your purse for some gum? You want a bat? Buy one. Geez!

mdsmoke

Coach
The whole "you break it, you buy it" deal is funny to me. If that's truly your outlook on a bat, then simply swing it and put it back in your bag.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Every one knows there is a certain point you don't lend or let anyone else (maybe teamtes) hit a bat. I like to lend out new bats;)

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
if someone cracks one of my bats just hitting a softball in normal conditions. i dont mind. if it's abused, then i would make them pay for it. dudes on here who just say "you break you buy" is a bit ridiculous.

I agree with that. Just weird that a warning track power ''Z leaguer'' breaks your bat with regulation softballs.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
"Never lend a bat to a man you're not prepared to punch in the face" - Harmon Killebrew

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
What ball were they hitting or was it a metal pole

I hope not.

Never let Dill borrow a bat

Noted.

I only loan my stuff to close friends and I only loan to them what I am willing to lose.... i.e meaning with the possibility of it coming back broken.

This is my new motto.

Also my new motto.

"Never lend a bat to a man you're not prepared to punch in the face" - Harmon Killebrew

I really hope he said this.

OilCountryCanno

Star Player
The whole "you break it, you buy it" deal is funny to me. If that's truly your outlook on a bat, then simply swing it and put it back in your bag.

The context most of these guys are using is if you lend out the bat and you're not on the field at that time.
I think most of these guys are ok with others swinging it when it's put on the fence.

mikeforgette

Addicted to Softballfans
The context most of these guys are using is if you lend out the bat and you're not on the field at that time.
I think most of these guys are ok with others swinging it when it's put on the fence.

I'm not ok with someone swinging my property at anytime - fence or not. Do they take your glove out to the field because it was just left laying on the bench? We all want to play this game, we are all then responsible to get the equipment we need. Rather than get mad at friends if someone breaks my $200+ property and try to make them cover some cost, I just don't allow anyone to swing. Its easier for everyone that way.

mdsmoke

Coach
I'm not ok with someone swinging my property at anytime - fence or not. Do they take your glove out to the field because it was just left laying on the bench? We all want to play this game, we are all then responsible to get the equipment we need. Rather than get mad at friends if someone breaks my $200+ property and try to make them cover some cost, I just don't allow anyone to swing. Its easier for everyone that way.

and THIS is exactly what should happen.

mdsmoke

Coach

I understand the concept and still think it's absurd. Bat's break...it's an unavoidable thing. To assume that someone should pay for the randomness of a bat is laughable.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
When a teammate recently popped out and went to swing my OG Z at a steel pole, I told him to think it over. He did. And I learned. No more team bats.