Let's be real, with current standards, aren't almost all bats the same in performance?

Krush411

Manager
People asking whats hotter the new Freak 30 or DC41, people bashing the Z4 compared to any Worth or Miken...

Once broken in aren't they all pretty much the same performance wise? I took a broken in z4 today to the park, a broken in Mizuno No Doubt(150 dollar bat which ppl said can't be as hot as a 220 dollar plus Miken and because it is a dual stamp) a new Watermelon bat, Honey Badger and XL comp and not one gave me 10 feet more distance than the other.

Have you really found a bat that fit your swing compared to another bat that fit your swing, both broken in, and it still gave you like an extra 25-30 feet? Newer model, let's hear it if so. I think marketing is messing with our minds, everyone asking what's hotter whats hotter.

Keep in mind the key variable, broken in and fits your swing.

billvp

Addicted to Softballfans
10ft extra may not mean much if you're hitting 400' bombs, 5' high lasers, or 200' pop-ups, but for those with warning track power, it can mean a lot

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The main difference is how fast they break in, top-level performance is pretty much equal. I've hit my broken-in $99 Eastons alongside teammates' DC41's, Watermelons, Freak30's, Legits, etc.... they're all the same, especially with .52's.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The main difference is how fast they break in, top-level performance is pretty much equal. I've hit my broken-in $99 Eastons alongside teammates' DC41's, Watermelons, Freak30's, Legits, etc.... they're all the same, especially with .52's.
This shows the real difference. Which ball you're hitting.

What ball were you hitting OP in this unscientific bp test? If you were hitting Classic Ms you would definitely not be saying this. I will say some people overestimate the pop of Mikens based on how they hit after they're failing compression which is unfair.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will also say that break in is major. My team played in a bat provided tournament this summer and e rarely hit homeruns with the tps bats, and we hit our limit with the Mikens, one over the limit, and our dhh hit at least three when he had the chance. We had two games in the open with tps bats and unlimited homeruns and we hit zero.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

Yeah, with .52s you'll notice a lot less difference in how different bats perform against each other. The ball is doing a lot of the work. Now, if you were hitting classic Ms on a hot day, the Mikens would hit laps around the stiff Eastons. A broken in Easton can touch a Miken for distance, but will never have the large sweetspot a Miken does.

.52s are a pretty good equalizer though. I feel like I can hit them with any bat I want and still be successful. A fresh out of the wrapper Easton will still get the job done.

Yeah, with .52s you'll notice a lot less difference in how different bats perform against each other. The ball is doing a lot of the work. Now, if you were hitting classic Ms on a hot day, the Mikens would hit laps around the stiff Eastons. A broken in Easton can touch a Miken for distance, but will never have the large sweetspot a Miken does.

.52s are a pretty good equalizer though. I feel like I can hit them with any bat I want and still be successful. A fresh out of the wrapper Easton will still get the job done.

I agree with your sweet spot note. Miken you can miss a little bit and be ok. Easton will humble you if you miss.

4xtra

Player/Coach
People asking whats hotter the new Freak 30 or DC41, people bashing the Z4 compared to any Worth or Miken...

Once broken in aren't they all pretty much the same performance wise? I took a broken in z4 today to the park, a broken in Mizuno No Doubt(150 dollar bat which ppl said can't be as hot as a 220 dollar plus Miken and because it is a dual stamp) a new Watermelon bat, Honey Badger and XL comp and not one gave me 10 feet more distance than the other.

Have you really found a bat that fit your swing compared to another bat that fit your swing, both broken in, and it still gave you like an extra 25-30 feet? Newer model, let's hear it if so. I think marketing is messing with our minds, everyone asking what's hotter whats hotter.

Keep in mind the key variable, broken in and fits your swing.

In 2017, all these bats out now all are hot but Its all about preference.
I have a 16Kirby that will hang with ANY Miken/Worth, BUT it has 4000+ swings.
Also have a SCN19 with 8600+ swings that could NOW hang with Miken/Worth. (It didnt get there unitl about 6k - 7k swings hitting rocks)
The Worth Connell was game hot within 50 swings but they cost more.

Many people do not have the patience to wait that long but EASTON bats are durable, hot (after a TON of BP) and always pass compression.
The fence is only 300ft so you can pick and chose

Last edited:
also not an assumption for this physics defying bat

Win some lose some I guess. I know what I and others have hit it at in both ASA and USSSA league and tourneys.
Plenty of BP videos out there of people hitting them well as well.
I'm not even sure why I'm defending LS cause I'm a Miken guy at heart. Flame me if you will. lol