Line up's

ChadVan986

Quick question. may be dumb but...:confused:
Co-ed league and im confused on some terms and want to make sure im understanding everything..

What is a Open end batting order?

What exactly is weaving?

League says we have to alternate male/female, but no weaving, and can use open end batting order.

Can anyone give me some insight on this?

Thanks

swampdonkey1

Star Player
Most coed leagues have their own set of rules not necessarily universal. The weaving i have played is when you have 6 guys and 4 girls, but you still must bat guy/girl. So the girls end up batting more than the guys. You would not bat after the same girl each at bat thru a game. It's very stupid.

ChadVan986

Most coed leagues have their own set of rules not necessarily universal. The weaving i have played is when you have 6 guys and 4 girls, but you still must bat guy/girl. So the girls end up batting more than the guys. You would not bat after the same girl each at bat thru a game. It's very stupid.

That's what I was thinking. I don't understand why that wouldn't be allowed, still guy/girl format but, I guess they have to be different

swampdonkey1

Star Player
They're probably just saying you can't have more guys than girls or vise versa. You have to play with 5/5 or 6/6. Our leagues just state 5/5 or 6/6, much easier than saying no weaving or that you must alternate lol. I have no idea what an open end batting order is.

ChadVan986

They're probably just saying you can't have more guys than girls or vise versa. You have to play with 5/5 or 6/6. Our leagues just state 5/5 or 6/6, much easier than saying no weaving or that you must alternate lol. I have no idea what an open end batting order is.

Its messed up, because they will allow us to have more girls fielding, we can run 6 girls/ 4 guys fielding. Oh well. Thanks for the insight

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Its messed up, because they will allow us to have more girls fielding, we can run 6 girls/ 4 guys fielding. Oh well. Thanks for the insight

That's to stop sandbagging. If leagues allow more guys, than girls. Let's say 6 guys/ 4 girls was ok. A lot of people would manipulate that rule just to get another guy on the field

bbaum17

Starting Player
Is the "opened end lineup" referring to having back to back guys in an 11 man lineup? I'm taking that as you either have to hit 5/5 or 6/6. That if you have an extra guy, you can't just stick him in the 11 spot and take the automatic out for the girl in the 12 hole.