Local Director banned ASA only Demarinis

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
Our local tournament director who runs a bunch of tournaments, mostly AFA associated, decided to ban the new ASA only Demarinis. WTF

He made up some lame excuse about insurance which makes no since whats so ever. if thats the case you need to ban all ASA only bats not just demarinis.

Haters gonna hate.

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
I'm waiting for someone to call out my mercy or j3a. Flipper team used against us Monday was just disgusting with the 44's. I was expecting it to blow up during the game.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
Get a wanted asa and thank me later...

i love when the Combat guys hang out in the Demarini section must mean there's nothing of interest going on in your own forum...

BTW I didn't see many new combats in play at the Beast of the East Tourney in Richmond VA this weekend but I did see plenty of Stadiums new and old being using depositing balls in the woods and planting new trees in in the infield and outfield...

sticknopper

GS Sports
Ill throw is name out there Shaun......Gabe? so pretty much we cant swing J3a in any tourneys local anymore except the wack selma tourneys. this sucks. thank god i play asa league

leftcenter01

on the down slope
Played in a local league as a sub couple weeks ago and bst rules were no senior or asa only sticks. I dropped a couple on them with my new cl22 and they wanted to see the stamps on it as well.:confused:

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
So you can't use a ASA bat, but you can use a Utrip/NSA?? That dude is a tool anyway!

i know where this is going to end up, but i'm going to say it anyway...

in SPN/SPO/NSA which are the main associations in canada, we can swing anything with the new utrip stamp on it, or the 2004asa stamp. the 2013asa only bats are not approved anywhere.

i think the days of usssa bats being unarguably hotter than asa is over.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Our local tournament director who runs a bunch of tournaments, mostly AFA associated, decided to ban the new ASA only Demarinis. WTF
He made up some lame excuse about insurance which makes no since whats so ever. if thats the case you need to ban all ASA only bats not just demarinis.

Haters gonna hate.

Forget Zobmbies! Stupidity is at epidemic purportions! Its taking over the world

sticknopper

GS Sports
He still advertises all bats are legal except senior bats. F that I'm swinging my mercy and gonna see what they say. All the umps know are the j3s around here.

jsiders6

Addicted to Softballfans
Always wanting to "modify" the rules. Its not like his tourneys are unlimited HR all the time.

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
We were told as long as it had another stamp besides the ASA. ISF stamp along with the ASA stamp was good for us to swing.

Which makes no sense to me. All bats have the isf stamp, I dont even know what that is.