Lonestar Superdraft in December

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
Let's backtrack here for a second. Correct me if I'm wrong (I know someone will...) but Hutch is affiliated with Lone Star Softball, he does not run Big League Dreams, they are their own entity. You need to contact BLD to find a time to use their fields. There's a Jokers Tourney next weekend (21st) at BLD, it's not a LSS tournament. I'd suggest trying to remove Hutch from the negotiations since he has something to gain and contact BLD directly. (you may not get the benefit of LSS advertisement, or be put on the LSS schedule) but you can get the word out the hard way.

i've already contacted BLD, a LOOONNNNGGG time ago, a year ago actually. i know exactly what you need to do and when and how much. you have to get selected by their selection committee, which is based on turnout (and in this case, money). my tournament didn't get picked. THAT'S when i contacted Huch to see if he'd be willing to host my tournament in order for it to be held at BLD.

Honestly it is catch 22. You want to do it bld because you want a bigger turnout. With out a doubt more people are likely to show up at BLD than any other facility, just ask Rene. With that said BLD is much more expensive and renting the entire complex for a concept that is new to the are would be a big risk. If I had to pick somewhere other than BLD I would look into Pearland, Baytown, hsp or pj's.

Fwiw Pearland is a little pricey but it is 4 very nice dirt fields and byob
Baytown pulls a nice turnout but i heard they are getting more strict on open containers
I hate HSP but there are a lot of people that play there and are familiar with the place. People are more likely to go where they are comfortable
PJ's - Not a huge fan but don't play there much.

i've got something else in the works. i emailed the guys who run the charity my idea and all the info.

let's just say we all might need to take a 3rd trip to CS next year.

Jordan9215

Star Player
i've already contacted BLD, a LOOONNNNGGG time ago, a year ago actually. i know exactly what you need to do and when and how much. you have to get selected by their selection committee, which is based on turnout (and in this case, money). my tournament didn't get picked. THAT'S when i contacted Huch to see if he'd be willing to host my tournament in order for it to be held at BLD.

i've got something else in the works. i emailed the guys who run the charity my idea and all the info.

let's just say we all might need to take a 3rd trip to CS next year.

Gotcha. I know it's not BLD but i think you could have a successful tournament if you did a super draft at HSP. Everyone has their opinions about the various ball parks in the Houston area, but HSP is centrally located, they have decent concession stands (beer!) and they have six fields that are in pretty good condition. It's not BLD by any means, but they're decent. Maybe do the tourney there once or twice, let it get a following of people and after you've shown you can put on a successful tournament approach BLD or Hutch again later.

Just trying to look on the positives. I think the format would be a blast, and I bet a lot of other people would enjoy it too.

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish there were more of them...something to change up the grind of LSS tournies. Used to have a lot of fun until we got bumped to upper...granted they actually bumped a substantial amount of teams this year so it may actually be fun again...got old real quick playing in 8-12 team tournies when the top 3 just spent the tournament whipping up on everyone else and then exchanging tournament victories late saturday evening.

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
What do you guys think about of ASA tourneys?

ASA is effectively dead outside of some leagues. It fizzled out when they tried bringing it back to HSP. Now that HSP is going Utrip I dont see it coming back.

gold_glove9

<font color="Orange">Utility Player</font>
I heard a rumor that BLD didn't pay it's taxes and the city is taking it over. That may be why HSP is going to utrip. Possible that BLD becomes an ASA park?

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
Dont know why the city of League City would mandate that park to be ASA...just would go from privately owned to publicly owned

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
SO when can we play in a super draft???

i'm in contact with Barry and HSP and Gerry from College Station. gotta get the go ahead from the charity first before i continue.

CS is my first choice because the setup would be almost identical to the tournament we run up north - nice fields, college campus, plenty of hotels/restaurants

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm in contact with Barry and HSP and Gerry from College Station. gotta get the go ahead from the charity first before i continue.

CS is my first choice because the setup would be almost identical to the tournament we run up north - nice fields, college campus, plenty of hotels/restaurants

kakakakakaBOOOOOM

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans

my first choice too!

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
They really do have pretty nice fields. Probably right on par or maybe slightly better than baytown. only issue I could see is that they prohibit drinking and smoking. At league nobody cares as long as you pour it into another cup though.

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
Sure. I think all fields are 315' too so there will be more room for the outfielders to cover to make it a little easier

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
Old school USSSA bats are currently allowed in ASA tournaments.
I don't know about new stamp USSSA's though... tough call.

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
The following bats will permitted for ASA Play in 2014 for South Texas Houston Viciniage. Any bat on the ASA Approved List. New Stamp USSSA bats.

Jordan9215

Star Player
Old school USSSA bats are currently allowed in ASA tournaments.
I don't know about new stamp USSSA's though... tough call.

That seems odd to me. My OG super freak is hotter than any new stamp utrip bat! no comparison!

I just figured if you're going to use the new ASA ball that's made for the new, hotter ASA bats then just allow the utrip ones too. I doubt there's really any different in them.