looking at a cartel or 454

tsmith7461

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm trying to decide between buying a Resmondo 454 or a Demarini Cartel. I've heard good things about both bats. Some of the reviews I've seen on the Cartel here aren't that impressive though. I'm looking for a little in put. I haven't swung any Demarini's since the f2s. Right now I'm swinging a Duo and Superfreak.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Right now with about 100 swings on each I would go with the 454 personally, it is just fitting my swing better. I know the Cartel will wake up soon but I am finding the SS better with the Stadium and 454.

I really didn't like my teammates balanced 454 but I really like the Ressy.

Of course I would swing the ONE over either.:eek::D

Just my 2 pennies.

Atiyeh

BP Hero
I'd get a Cartel. It's replaced my J2U's and is hitting on par with a broken in J2U and my cartel has less than 100 swings on it.

JPG

Lefty
I have them both and here is my vision:

cartel:
feels good - sounds good - great distance

454:
feels good but does not have the same sound or feel every hit.
great distance - I really like the thin handle.

there both really good bats. When going from 454 to a cartel you can tell the smallest sense of it not being as stiff as the 454.
if you like worth or just cant stand 2 piece look and have mental problems get the worth. I would say they are pretty evenly matched.

454 series is GTG
Cartel is sick stick all around I just wish it had a thin handle like 454.

CHeers.

tsmith7461

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the info JPG. I am having a hard time making up my mind here on what I want to do. I play league with a guy that plays for Remondo (FL) so I can try the 454 anytime I want just don't know any Demarini players around here where I can try one of them. I've heard some really good things about the Cartel though and would love to try one. I have heard the Cartels feel light?? As for two piece I swing a 26 duo right now.