Looking For Ideas for Swinging Bunt 2011

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
Ugh...I almost hate the idea of putting this thread up here since I imagine I'll get flooded with idea (both good and bad).

Anyway... since this is our 5th year of doing this tournament and we've grown as large as we have, I want to make this 5th year something really good.

So if you have any ideas that you want to pass along, please do so and assuming they are feasible and clean (Tom), we could probably implement some of them.

If you have any thoughts on stuff like format, schedule, events, raffle prizes, team prizes, vendors you'd like us to pursue, food suggestions, whatever it is, we'd like to hear them.

We do have some things in mind already that we're not ready to announce yet but I think we'll be looking real good in 2011.

Fatt_Tony_13

Fatt boy on a diet...
Ugh...I almost hate the idea of putting this thread up here since I imagine I'll get flooded with idea (both good and bad).

Anyway... since this is our 5th year of doing this tournament and we've grown as large as we have, I want to make this 5th year something really good.

So if you have any ideas that you want to pass along, please do so and assuming they are feasible and clean (Tom), we could probably implement some of them.

If you have any thoughts on stuff like format, schedule, events, raffle prizes, team prizes, vendors you'd like us to pursue, food suggestions, whatever it is, we'd like to hear them.

We do have some things in mind already that we're not ready to announce yet but I think we'll be looking real good in 2011.

How about switching the date to a date when my baby isnt due? LOL :p

sparticus

Complete idiot
hey...i made sure my wedding wasnt the bunt....talk to the kid. see if he will stay in a week later ;)

balcoballer

I REPORT POSTS
make it a computerized draft.... or something along those lines where the captains dont know who they are picking outside of the players position and level of play.

belly43

Bored without softball
This might sound dumb but don't put a limit on the homeruns so the people don't even think of hitting at a girl or the middle. I thought I heard last weekend that there are going to be no names just numbers which sounds like it would make it a little more fun because you have no idea who you are picking. With some of buttholes I seen last year you should put up a coed line so guys can't play close enough to throw a girl out at first.

jshell73

Far from Normal
This might sound dumb but don't put a limit on the homeruns so the people don't even think of hitting at a girl or the middle. I thought I heard last weekend that there are going to be no names just numbers which sounds like it would make it a little more fun because you have no idea who you are picking. With some of buttholes I seen last year you should put up a coed line so guys can't play close enough to throw a girl out at first.

Or walk a guy to get to a girl in the lineup. :rolleyes:

MR. ASA HOLE

Addicted to Softballfans
There needs to be SOME HR limit, but make it high enough that people can still mis-hit one and not have to worry about being THE douche of the tourney. Yah, they'll still be A douche, but not THE doucce.

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
This might sound dumb but don't put a limit on the homeruns so the people don't even think of hitting at a girl or the middle.

There needs to be SOME HR limit, but make it high enough that people can still mis-hit one and not have to worry about being THE douche of the tourney. Yah, they'll still be A douche, but not THE doucce.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the HR limit last year was 5 per team and then one up. We need more than that?

I think the first year we did 2 per team per inning. The third was an inning ender. Should we go back to that?

T-Bone 300+

ULTIMATE FILL IN
I enjoyed the golf on friday....think that could catch on.

Think the computerized draft/numbers are a good idea, HR's are fine, girls are part of the game....ask them how they would feel having "special rules"....imo. Draft party hard to do on sat night....i was pretty tired. I think doing the "draft party" at the fields could work. rent a tent and chairs.....

just some quick thoughts....

balcoballer

I REPORT POSTS
some thoughts from a coed league i played in that was pretty successful...

the outfield had flat cones at a certain distance that you could not cross until after the girl made contact.. this kept the outfielders in the outfield and not at the edge of the grass of the infield.

if you walked a guy and a girl was up behind him, she had the option to either take a walk or hit - it was her choice.

jshell73

Far from Normal
I enjoyed the golf on friday....think that could catch on.

Think the computerized draft/numbers are a good idea, HR's are fine, girls are part of the game....ask them how they would feel having "special rules"....imo. Draft party hard to do on sat night....i was pretty tired. I think doing the "draft party" at the fields could work. rent a tent and chairs.....

just some quick thoughts....

I guess you could have the party there but no booze would be allowed. No special permits. It's within 500 feet of a school. No way, no how.

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
A couple of the girls have requested that we have a few 11" balls that come into play when a girl comes to bat and then is replaced by the regular ball after that.

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
I guess you could have the party there but no booze would be allowed. No special permits. It's within 500 feet of a school. No way, no how.

This is exactly right. There is no way we could have anything out there at the complex in any form and that is why we've always had to have something somewhere else.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
I know I can speak for Mel, she doesnt want any special help or assistance. If the other team plays her cheap, then they should be prepared for the onslaught trash talk from her and a ball busted over their heads.

Computer draft sounds okay. Ask Brian or Chad they did it in the 2nd SBF Superdraft but for 3rd they went back to coach picks.

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
Computer draft sounds okay. Ask Brian or Chad they did it in the 2nd SBF Superdraft but for 3rd they went back to coach picks.

Just to clear up any confusion, we aren't going to be doing a draft without captains making picks.

If we make this change, the draft will still be conducted in the same manner, there will just be no names on the sheets. The captains would be given a list with players listed as "Player 123" with their positions and self-ratings. We would probably also be expanding the rating system from a 1-5 system to a 1-10 range to help out a little. It is still in a "in theory" stage right now.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Just to clear up any confusion, we aren't going to be doing a draft without captains making picks.

If we make this change, the draft will still be conducted in the same manner, there will just be no names on the sheets. The captains would be given a list with players listed as "Player 123" with their positions and self-ratings. We would probably also be expanding the rating system from a 1-5 system to a 1-10 range to help out a little. It is still in a "in theory" stage right now.

I dont care just as long as I get to play against the boss. :D

redbirdfan1

Focker
I'm sure whatever you decide it will be another great yr. I'd love to see Worth at this yrs event again. I think the format we had last yr for the tourney was great. 5 games minimum is outstanding.

I'd like to help out more if you need it this yr.

1. 2 HR per inning limit. the 3rd is an inning ending out.
2. CoEd line for the OF
3. 11 in balls for the girls
4. Keep the draft the same w/ the 2 player rule. rate 1-10
5. draft party in the same location as last yr if possible
6. Find an area family again who needs assistance. The highlights of previous SWB's is seeing the family and the kid and making them feel loved and supported. I could write a 100 pages on why this is the best part. More importantly than any financial support, the emotional lift can be very powerful.

11phatz

Outstanding Bad Dealer

u know numbering people wont b the best idea either cuz people gonna lie bout how good they r just like b4, but it really dont matter to me on how u do it and u should make hrs 7 or higher so people stay out of the middle and there is no cryin bout it

11phatz

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I'm sure whatever you decide it will be another great yr. I'd love to see Worth at this yrs event again. I think the format we had last yr for the tourney was great. 5 games minimum is outstanding.

I'd like to help out more if you need it this yr.

1. 2 HR per inning limit. the 3rd is an inning ending out.
2. CoEd line for the OF
3. 11 in balls for the girls
4. Keep the draft the same w/ the 2 player rule. rate 1-10
5. draft party in the same location as last yr if possible
6. Find an area family again who needs assistance. The highlights of previous SWB's is seeing the family and the kid and making them feel loved and supported. I could write a 100 pages on why this is the best part. More importantly than any financial support, the emotional lift can be very powerful.
rule 1 u have should b out cuz inning ending is the dumbest rule ever it takes the fun out of it cuz then u would have to worry bout the middle there if its just an out instead u dont have to worry bout it

redbirdfan1

Focker
u know numbering people wont b the best idea either cuz people gonna lie bout how good they r just like b4, but it really dont matter to me on how u do it and u should make hrs 7 or higher so people stay out of the middle and there is no cryin bout it
Yeah people will still exaggerate,but w/ a bigger scale it will help some w/ the guys who feel closer to the middle and can't decide on a 3 or 4 rating on a 5 scale. The biggest problem is people sandbagging their ratings to get on teams.

redbirdfan1

Focker
rule 1 u have should b out cuz inning ending is the dumbest rule ever it takes the fun out of it cuz then u would have to worry bout the middle there if its just an out instead u dont have to worry bout it
I'd be fine w/ that too. Main thing is I'd like to see it back to the 2 and inning rule.