Looking to buy a Tee any recommendations fellas

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
Title says it all. I'm looking for a tee to improve my swing . I've seen one worth one on eBay just wondering if there are any tees that stand out for improving slow pitch swing . Maybe height, extension piece or material used for the tee . I didn't do a search so don't bust me balls I prefer the interactive method better anyway .

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
$15-20 for the Rawlings 5-tool telescoping quicktee

hq4sports_2235_273514980

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I just bought a cheap one and cut the extension part of it and inserted a piece of PVC in it to make it taller. I wouldn't spend a lot for a tee. It's one of those things where the more you pay, you don't necessarily get more. It pretty much just holds the ball.

Last edited:

Robo_16

Addicted to Softballfans
I use a tee regularly. I was going through 3 to 4 per year. Last year I purchased a Tanner Tee and I haven't had to replace it yet.

I personally think using a tee helps you in many ways. It allows you to concentrate on mechanics without worrying about pitch placement. It also allows you to use muscle memory to take the same swing every time which will make you more consistent. I could go on and on about the benefits of a tee. It definetly has helped me

marzie28

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought an. Atec tee and have used it alot with o problems for the last 8 years. Spend
The money and u will never have to buy a other one

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
Bought a sklz 5-position tee 3 years ago, used it a bunch. The rubber prongs on the top were very durable and ending up splitting and breaking off after two years. Then I threw a rubber something or other piece on the top with a fastener and it's been fine since. The only issue is the telescoping piece that slides out can be a little weak to support the ball weight and bend, especially the further you pull it out, but that's easily fixable if you find the right position or just adjust it when you need to.

I think I paid 22 dollars or so for it at dongs, although it's a marginal amount more now. It's for baseball and maxes out right below the belly button, although I don't care about that and you can use a bucket or whatever you need for a boost. It's been very solid and durable for me for 3 years (and I mostly use it in the winter, dry months), tough to go wrong with it.

1st Baseman

Addicted to Softballfans
A very resourceful (cheap?) dude I knew used a traffic cone (he "found it on the side of the road") on a milk crate (he "found in a dumpster")... Seemed to work for him, he hit bombs...

curtdiggy513

Extra Hitter
Believe it or not, I used the search function and every time the Gtee is mentioned, 10 people just say its overpriced. Has anyone ever actually used one? Yes, they are costly, but I'm lazy and they have a 2 year warranty

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
PVC. Made my own, made it adjustable in 2 inch increments. Base is the size of a strike mat so I can practice pitching with it as well.

marzie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Go to www.atecsports.com and check out the "tuffy tee". I have the same one and have had it for 8 years. It comes with a 10 year warranty. Its a little pricey but you will never have to buy another tee.