Louisville Slugger ASA sticks advice

cseamus44

Addicted to Softballfans
i am looking to pick up a LS asa stick to try. What is the best one? from the FS forum, it appears green catty is the best. yes?

also, not being familiar with triton colors & model #s, i don't know what i am looking for in the FS forum. can anyone line me out on which model #s & colors are asa bats? do the tritons open up pretty good?

i see the green nexus pretty cheap, is it that bad? long break-in period or just not break-in for crap? or is it just durability concerns?

i have always liked the swing of TPS bats for me but actually haven't had one since the Ai, my favorite of that time period. just want to try some of the newer stuff, not sure which way to go. any advice is appreciated.

seamus

Last edited:

timmy7

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't about the catty (green the or the asa one. But I hear that a 2007 version of a bat made by TPS Louisville Slugger named Voltage is the bat to get. But there are two kinds and the one to get is model#sb73v. Do not waste your money on the other one which the model# is sb78v. The bad thing is that the bats duriabilty is not that good but the bat is smoking hot and is the best to get. There are some on ebay, but they are hard to get and cost alot of money.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
I don't about the catty (green the or the asa one. But I hear that a 2007 version of a bat made by TPS Louisville Slugger named Voltage is the bat to get. But there are two kinds and the one to get is model#sb73v. Do not waste your money on the other one which the model# is sb78v. The bad thing is that the bats duriabilty is not that good but the bat is smoking hot and is the best to get. There are some on ebay, but they are hard to get and cost alot of money.

What bat is the voltage sb73v compareable too.

DKirk

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
Not sure what it compares to but they are sick easily the hottest asa bat and hotter than most usssa sticks, of course that's why they bring in big $$$.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Not sure what it compares to but they are sick easily the hottest asa bat and hotter than most usssa sticks, of course that's why they bring in big $$$.

Be prepared to drop a pretty penny. They are not cheap.

Lol I know all about the voltage, I was just making fun of someone bc they act like an expert in this thread about the voltage then ask what the voltage is comparable to in the thread below

..if you know anything about a voltage you know that nothing comes even close!

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=861377

cseamus44

Addicted to Softballfans
ok, so i feel like a real dips**t for suggesting in my orig post that the catty seemed like the most sought after LS asa stick...wow, i had no idea the voltage was that hot. i cant throw down that kinda cash for a bat right now, wish i could.
are there any fans of the asa triton or nexus?

kja

Da Gooooochi
ok, so i feel like a real dips**t for suggesting in my orig post that the catty seemed like the most sought after LS asa stick...wow, i had no idea the voltage was that hot. i cant throw down that kinda cash for a bat right now, wish i could.
are there any fans of the asa triton or nexus?

LS hasnt made a really good stick for ASA since the Voltage. Yes the Catty is a good all around bat and you can use it any time of the year but it takes 2000 hits to break in. But bang for your buck the ASA catty (green one) is your best bet.

thevipofdbz

Damme 00mega
the asa nexus is fine. I use it as my gamer. I have hit the ball 400ft with it before. If you got bat speed the nexus is fine. I swing it over my catty.

ClutchCups

Addicted to Softballfans
Green Cattys suck dont get them, they cause multiple different types of STD's. Ill even be a good friend and take them all so you dont have the temptation.